Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 201-Jor-El 1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Good looking figure,just a few accessories.
Should keep it well under $200 but I bet it'll be $189 range.
Not enough there to pull the trigger on this or Superman.
That said,easy pass.

While i didn't love the movie (3/5 for me) i really liked the world they crafted and the costume designs. I might pre-order this since i'll surely get supes,zod and faora.

Mothship toys has this up for PO at RM598. Converted, thats $188 US. So I guess it will probably be a little more than Superman. Their price for Superman was RM548. I guess it'll be @ $210-230 in the states.

DAMN did HT do a great job. Just look at and around the eyes...bang on to Crowe!! Time to start thinking of customizing your "Les Miserables" Javet figure boys!! :nana:

LOL That was the first thing I thought, as well.

tumblr_static_6.gif

will definitely pick this up. fantastic figure. Loved the movie, granted this Superman was a bit darker than I am used to, but that is one of the reasons I loved this move. the fight scenes reminded me of something out of Dragon Ball Z loved the movie and I love this figure. time to start saving the nickels and dimes. I just hope they have the sense to do Jor-el wife. If they space them out far enough I will buy all the figures related to the movie.

Reports of him being a prick are probably exaggerated. We all have our bad days, I'm sure he's no more or less irritable than any of us.

:goodpost::goodpost: we all have our bad days, I am sure if you caught many of us in our bad moments you would probably think "boy is this guy/girl is an A-hole." a couple of bad moments don't define who we are.

he had the bad judgment to behave that way in public in a very visible manner, unfortunately. when you're a film star, you have to know that eyes are on you at all times. plenty of stars keep their cool under pressure ~ it's part of the gig.

Even though I didn't like the movie, I liked Russell Crowe as Jor. So I might get this if it's a decent price...

My thoughts exactly. If this were "Loki" accurate then yes. As it stands now it will have to be tweaked or less $ than I expect it to cost.

And as a lifelong Superman fan MoS was crazy disappointing.

LOL That was the first thing I thought, as well. OK figure, likeness a'aight. Suit looks awesome for what it is, but doesn't exactly pop off the shelf. Ultimately this is a non-essential secondary figure. Unless the execution is absolutely perfect, then I think this kind of thing is destined for the SSC gift card list and discount bins of Hot Toys e-tailers. Likeness here seems slightly better than the ACI, Iminime, and Hot Toys bootleg ones.

I think it was a mistake to go with Jor-El this soon, we should have seen Zod and Faora first, THEN if interest is still high you make this guy.

Although the costume is nice, it seems silly to not have used the battle armor, which was a whole 'nother layer of awesome.

I would never pay full retail for this figure; if I can get him for less later, I might - but right now this is an easy pass. Odin 2.0 indeed. Not to mention, I don't have that much respect for Crowe personally, since I have no time for people who behave like @sshats just because they can. Although I will admit, he is not on an Alec Baldwin level of sheer idiocy.

p.s. WHY IS THE BASE FOR THESE FIGURES SO HUGE????! Do they not understand that for most collectors, space is at a premium?!

Heh, I could care less what a star does in public on his own time. That's ppls on fault for putting them on a pedestal. If they make movies I like, I don't care who they are in real life. I don't care what ppl say bout Tom Cruise, I still thoroughly enjoy his movies; Bale had that mess on the Terminator Salvation set still love his movies, etc etc....same with Crowe. I've got and seen tons of his movies and think he's a great actor, could care less what he does on his own time. I for one am happy to get this. The only reason we're allowed a Crowe Jor El is b/c for these types of films your likeness rights go when you sign that contract most of the time. That's the reason we don't have an official Gladiator Maximus PF or 1/6 figure, Crowe isn't into this stuff. SS has said before that Crowe doesn't like to budge on giving out his likeness

Last edited:

Jor-El Collectible Figure’s special features:
- Head sculpt featuring authentic likeness of Russell Crowe

1-Liar_liar_PANTS_ON_FIRE_by_earth2carly-DEV.jpg

Pants on fire :lol

Although surely there are other sculpts far more deserving of a joke like that than this one. Its at least 90% there.

You know, I just had a horrible thought: What if we are getting Jor-El is because DC would not give the licenses for the other characters? Since DC is releasing 1:6 statues of armored/Krypton Zod and of Faora... maybe they want to limit competition for the stuff they themselves are selling?

After all, they have an armored Jor-El statue. Did they say to HT "OK, you can make a robed figure but not the armored, because we want to make him ourselves, and we don't want competition"?

This may mean that we will never see Zod from HT, or armored Faora. Perhaps this is why they have not been teased.... BUMMER.

p.s. WHY IS THE BASE FOR THESE FIGURES SO HUGE????! Do they not understand that for most collectors, space is at a premium?!

You can make a smaller base(See pics below). I for one feel that Superman(And Superman ancillary figures), need a big base. I am glad to see these mahoosive stands. I will be making some of my own that will better fit a detolf shelf(To display Superman, Jor-El Faora and Zod :pray:), but i like these big stands.

IMG_4093.jpg~original

IMG_4088.jpg~original

IMG_4090.jpg~original

I think it was a mistake to go with Jor-El this soon, we should have seen Zod and Faora first
I agree. Zod and Ursa would have been better complementary releases IMO. And this is a selfish wish as I would like to bash Agent Van Alden from Boardwalk Empire.

Heh, I could careless what a star does in public on his own time. That's ppls on fault for putting them on a pedestal.
Though I'll root harder for nicer guys, in general I'm the same way. Lots of *******s and douchebags in entertainment. But so what? I pay money for them to entertain me, not to be good people. They are dancing monkeys here for our amusement. If being jerks makes them feel better about that sad fact then power to them :D

Back