Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 201-Jor-El 1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Ok but how long ago was the phone-thing with Russell? Is he to be permanently condemned for that? Its not exactly murder or paedophilia.

Not been through the thread but I find myself thinking the same thing as I have with a few recent releases with massive stands/bases. I wish they'd included a regular stand too as an option. The big base looks cool but imagine Jor El and Superman next too each other. The stands would look way too big together I think.

As for the figure, I had assumed I probably wouldn't get it, more likely to just get Zod and, if she's made, Faora. But this does look really great. I'm not a very big fan of Russell Crowe and I thought he was ok in Man of Steel, though nothing special, but I quite liked the character and think the likeness is great.

Ok but how long ago was the phone-thing with Russell? Is he to be permanently condemned for that? Its not exactly murder or paedophilia.
No offense a-dev, but sometimes you can be pretty naive.

gMLbduR.jpg

True. Im just saying that people shouldn't be so quick to blow off celebrity assholism as "having a bad day"; as if this would be perfectly acceptable behavior from a normal person.

Visible neck joint = pass.

Looks awesome. Love the non-armored look. As much of a badass as Jor-El was is Man Of Steel he's still a scientist first and foremost so I'd rather have a look closer to that then a military man.

Also, I have noticed that HT tends to use the likeness of what is seen most in the movie. This is a perfect example, we only saw Jor-El in his armor for a couple scenes. The everything else showed him in this robe.

Keep in mind, these figures have been in the design stage for quite a while, maybe Warner Bros. only provided Hot Toys designs for this costume and not the armor. It happens all the time, hence the Black/Silver War Machine from Iron Man 3.

Are people really basing buying a figure or not on public perception of the person playing the character? I know some celebrities can be *******s but who really cares unless they do something truly awful? I tend to look at their personal lives and their work as completely different things.

I think this is a big fail on Hot Toy's part..they could have capitalized with this one. Being a secondary character, i feel if they included his armor..this one would have been a really nice piece and a big seller. Without it..it feels incomplete and unimpressive...slap a not so great likeness and I think this one is going to be around for awhile. Disappointed.

...when they make a mistake we tend to crucify them as if they are not people like everyone else.

i only judge him as i would anyone who would display that kind of totally inappropriate behavior. doesn't mean i don't watch his movies or that i think he should be kicked repeatedly in the nads for the rest of his days, but it does mean i wouldn't necessarily want to go to parties with him or have him as a friend if i didn't know him better.

and it also means it doesn't surprise me that people won't like him because of his reputation. that's what reputations are for...and why people in the public eye should look after them even more than the average joe.

yes, he's human, but he's paid to be a star (it's his job) and that means there IS a different standard applied and it's perfectly fair.

No Thriller figure for you I take it? :monkey3
I'll tell you, this is one character (using the term intentionally) that I have had some doubts about owning and displaying. If I knew for sure that MJ molested children I wouldn't keep any figures, but all the evidence presented is supposition. We all know he was a weirdo who did weird things, but he was never convicted of doing those kinds of things and kids staying at Neverland had a pretty strong incentive to make claims even if they weren't true ($$$$$$$$$$). And parents who would let their kids go there to begin with, don't strike me as the kind of people with such strong moral fiber as to be above false accusations. Very possible MJ was just an incredibly naive weirdo.

Too bad he turned into such a weirdo at all, though :(

I Love the big bases. If I for whatever reason, I can't display these the way I want with the huge bases, I'll simply buy some standard HT bases and make my own appropriate MOS decals for them

I had to swing around by work just now and while i was there, cut out some MOS shapes.
I made them alternating colours to better see the overlaps.
I might cast it eventually.

IMG_4215.jpg~original

IMG_4219.jpg~original

Too bad he turned into such a weirdo at all, though :(

I hear you. Ferris Bueller is forever tainted knowing what Edward Rooney did in real life. Same with The Naked Gun and OJ Simpson. I can still enjoy both movies but the awareness is always there.

Yeah, Paula Pundstone just isn't as funny as she once was either*:

"In 2001, Poundstone was arrested on a felony warrant for three counts of committing a lewd act on an unidentified girl under the age of 14 [2]. She was charged as a result of an incident in which she was driving her children while intoxicated. She pleaded "no contest" to felony child endangerment and a misdemeanor charge of inflicting injury on a child.[14] Poundstone was sentenced to five years' probation and 180 days in an alcohol rehabilitation program. Following completion of the program, she was granted full custody of her adopted children."

*was she ever funny?

Back