Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 201-Jor-El 1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Not looking bad.

You know, I just had a horrible thought: What if we are getting Jor-El is because DC would not give the licenses for the other characters? Since DC is releasing 1:6 statues of armored/Krypton Zod and of Faora... maybe they want to limit competition for the stuff they themselves are selling?

After all, they have an armored Jor-El statue. Did they say to HT "OK, you can make a robed figure but not the armored, because we want to make him ourselves, and we don't want competition"?

This may mean that we will never see Zod from HT, or armored Faora. Perhaps this is why they have not been teased.... BUMMER.
While a possibility, I don't think that's the case. Gotta remember, DCC also made 1/6 statues for TDKR and HT still made all the characters that DCC put into 1/6 statues. Patience. Look how long it took to get Gordon and Scarecrow??
You can make a smaller base(See pics below). I for one feel that Superman(And Superman ancillary figures), need a big base. I am glad to see these mahoosive stands. I will be making some of my own that will better fit a detolf shelf(To display Superman, Jor-El Faora and Zod :pray:), but i like these big stands.

I do as well! Love the big bases. If I for whatever reason, I can't display these the way I want with the huge bases, I'll simply buy some standard HT bases and make my own appropriate MOS decals for them

Though I'll root harder for nicer guys, in general I'm the same way. Lots of *******s and douchebags in entertainment. But so what? I pay money for them to entertain me, not to be good people. They are dancing monkeys here for our amusement. If being jerks makes them feel better about that sad fact then power to them :D
:lol:goodpost:
:lol Thank autocorrect for that. i caught it the second time though. I tried to go back and edit it but I see I was too late

he had the bad judgment to behave that way in public in a very visible manner, unfortunately. when you're a film star, you have to know that eyes are on you at all times. plenty of stars keep their cool under pressure ~ it's part of the gig.
fortunately for me I don't see it that way. Stars are people too and people should remember that. sure they chose to be movie stars, but we should have the good sense to remember they are human too and are regulated to human faults like everyone else. I don't do the movie hero worship thing. nor do I forget these people are not the characters they play they are people playing parts. We should be able to separate actors/actress from the roles that they play and stop putting them on a pedestal as if they are somehow better than everyone else and when they make a mistake we tend to crucify them as if they are not people like everyone else. We have all had our A-hole moments. wouldn't be surprised if I have one today.....

Figure looks good to me. What's the price point? Likeness isn't perfect ... but its damn close.

Might've rather had the armored version ... though this is his primary costume, so I'm not completely sure.

Heh, I could care less what a star does in public on his own time. That's ppls on fault for putting them on a pedestal. If they make movies I like, I don't care who they are in real life. I don't care what ppl say bout Tom Cruise, I still thoroughly enjoy his movies; Bale had that mess on the Terminator Salvation set still love his movies, etc etc....same with Crowe. I've got and seen tons of his movies and think he's a great actor, could care less what he does on his own time. I for one am happy to get this. The only reason we're allowed a Crowe Jor El is b/c for these types of films your likeness rights go when you sign that contract most of the time. That's the reason we don't have an official Gladiator Maximus PF or 1/6 figure, Crowe isn't into this stuff. SS has said before that Crowe doesn't like to budge on giving out his likeness

I've always liked Russell Crowe. He strikes me as a rough-around-the-edges guys-guy rather than an over-primped, manufactured celebrity ... which I find much more relatable. And, he seems to be into acting for the work, not the fame. Same with Bale, for that matter. And Kiefer Sutherland. If I was under as much scrutiny as they are ... I might've made an unfortunate headline or two myself.

The only real problem is when their obnoxious off-screen personality becomes so overpowering that it takes away from the movie. Cruise is close on that one. Or, when they get so political, like Hanoi Jane, that you can no longer see the character they're playing past the off-screen propaganda.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

nor do I forget these people are not the characters they play they are people playing parts. We should be able to separate actors/actress from the roles that they play and stop putting them on a pedestal as if they are somehow better than everyone else and when they make a mistake we tend to crucify them as if they are not people like everyone else.

The problem here is that bad behavior offscreen can definitely color the perception that people have of them ONSCREEN. Just ask Tom Cruise.

When I see him onscreen, I dont even see the character he is ostensibly playing: in each film, he is just that guy who went crazy on Oprah's couch, and then tried to keep Katie Holmes fenced in by having five [or however many] Scientology handlers go with her every last place she went. And he went off on Brooke Shields.... his crimes are legion, and they do ~not~ make his star shine more brightly.

With people like Crow and Baldwin, here is my problem: I think it is a HUGE judge of character, to see how people treat those who are smaller than themselves. [smaller either in size, or in the rankings of society] How do they treat their children? How do they treat those rendering a service to them? Are they screaming threats into the phone about murdering their wife? This is a hugely important character yardstick, and people who repeatedly fail these little tests are people to beware of. You may even know someone like this is in your personal life. I have the misfortune of having several in my extended family.

Anyone can have a bad day. It is repeated egregious offenses that I, and many others, have a problem with. An especial red flag: hitting the women or children in one's life. if I hear about ONE of these incidents that actor is off my radar. Goodbye, Charlie Sheen.

Cruise is a good example for me--I enjoy the hell out of his movies in general, but do so because I couldn't care less about his religion and whatnot. I think some people can't fairly judge how good he really is as an actor because of all his real-world baggage. But he's still one of the biggest actors in the world so I guess that stuff doesn't matter too much.

As Rama touches on though, really heinous stuff does bother me. My favorite pro wrestler ever murdered his wife and child before committing suicide. Now, I can't enjoy his stuff anymore. But there's a line for me. And being dismissive toward fans isn't anywhere near that.

I think the likeness is great. But I will easily be passing on this, regardless of price.

Figure looks good to me. What's the price point? Likeness isn't perfect ... but its damn close.

Might've rather had the armored version ... though this is his primary costume, so I'm not completely sure.

I've always liked Russell Crowe. He strikes me as a rough-around-the-edges guys-guy rather than an over-primped, manufactured celebrity ... which I find much more relatable. And, he seems to be into acting for the work, not the fame. Same with Bale, for that matter. And Kiefer Sutherland. If I was under as much scrutiny as they are ... I might've made an unfortunate headline or two myself.

The only real problem is when their obnoxious off-screen personality becomes so overpowering that it takes away from the movie. Cruise is close on that one. Or, when they get so political, like Hanoi Jane, that you can no longer see the character they're playing past the off-screen propaganda.

SnakeDoc

I'd be an awful celebrity. Im a bit of a hermit and love my privacy.Fame wouldn't suit me one bit. I can see me punching paparazzi now.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

If people are complaining about this head sculpt. Then you might as well get out of the game. Because you'll never be happy. I can't see how the sculpt could be any better on a 1/6. It looks amazing. When I first seen a pic of the figure on Facebook. I seriously thought it was the real guy for a second.

Cruise is a good example for me--I enjoy the hell out of his movies in general, but do so because I couldn't care less about his religion and whatnot. I think some people can't fairly judge how good he really is as an actor because of all his real-world baggage. But he's still one of the biggest actors in the world so I guess that stuff doesn't matter too much.

:exactly:

Cruise may be a nutjob in real life, but he consistently produces entertaining movies, and to that I say, PRAISE XENU for correctly aligning Cruise's Thetan level!

Overall looks good. I'm sure they'll tweak his likeness. Still getting this one.

I'd be an awful celebrity. Im a bit of a hermit and love my privacy.Fame wouldn't suit me one bit. I can see me punching paparazzi now.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
[ame]https://youtu.be/W3mJTdGE79I[/ame]

to that I say, PRAISE XENU for correctly aligning Cruise's Thetan level!
LOL

If people are complaining about this head sculpt. Then you might as well get out of the game. Because you'll never be happy. I can't see how the sculpt could be any better on a 1/6. It looks amazing. When I first seen a pic of the figure on Facebook. I seriously thought it was the real guy for a second.

I am with you on this... I have zero issues with the sculpt at all.

Even more not too weird than the swan dress?

8uskKUF.jpg

Hell, I can see myself wearing one of those.

Last edited:

I'm sure you would at least look better in a bodystocking than she does. Seriously, what's up with the old woman legs?

fortunately for me I don't see it that way. Stars are people too and people should remember that. sure they chose to be movie stars, but we should have the good sense to remember they are human too and are regulated to human faults like everyone else. I don't do the movie hero worship thing. nor do I forget these people are not the characters they play they are people playing parts. We should be able to separate actors/actress from the roles that they play and stop putting them on a pedestal as if they are somehow better than everyone else and when they make a mistake we tend to crucify them as if they are not people like everyone else. We have all had our A-hole moments. wouldn't be surprised if I have one today.....

I think this goes way beyond "being human" or having a bad day.

I have bad days too. On my bad days I don't violently threaten family members, throw phones at strangers, or go off on extended racist rants after being arrested for a DUI.

Forget the celebrity thing. Id call anyone out for this behavior.

Back