Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 201-Jor-El 1/6th Scale Collectible figure

They say to yell "fire" instead of "help" to get people's attention...

Looks fantastic. Not one I'll pick up, but damn they nailed the look.

Woooo!! Awesome!!! Likeness is good! Sure it will look great once in hands as it happened to avengers Thor. But this is a pass for me, waiting for faora

I will surely order this one. It really does look like Russel Crowe to me, but he somehow looks a bit too young.. Still more than good enough for me though :)

You guys are way too picky: I showed these pictures to people at work (granted they are not collectors) and they all think it's a still from the movie.

I like the sculpt, looks good to me, unfortunately I would rather have him in his battle armor. Not sure if I'm going to get it yet, I hope HT makes a Zod in his battle armor.

Even though I didn't like the movie, I liked Russell Crowe as Jor. So I might get this if it's a decent price...

I agree on both accounts. Likeness is extremely close but there is something throwing it off. Overall, I think this will be a very nice figure.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't even tell you what it is that could do with alteration to be honest.

You guys are way too picky: I showed these pictures to people at work (granted they are not collectors) and they all think it's a still from the movie.

Well this is also true. The better things have gotten the more critical so many of us are. The reaction of your work colleagues is understandable - the realism and detail of 1/6 headsculpts now is just mindboggling good. But, as you admit, they're not toy collectors and probably aren't even aware of Hot Toys. They probably thought toys hadn't advanced beyond the level of Action Man figures and so of course this was going to look unbelievably amazing to them.

Really like the figure, but as others have said, kinda bummed he doesn't come with his armor. I'm thinking that since I like the movie so much I might do something I've never done with HT and be a completest with this line. So that means I will pick up this figure and the inevitable armored figure release. Darn you HT! :slap

Holy ****!! Just woke up to seeing this on my newsfeed just now! :panic::panic: looks frickin fantastic!!! Instantly bought whenever it goes up at AE

This looks good.

However it's not *quiiiiiite* there. If they don't alter it, that's fine. If they do, awesome.

Bought either way.

Now bring me the armored version.

I agree, some angles it looks spot on and some it's very very slightly off but I'm more than positive it will look great in hand when not looking at it through an incredibly zoomed lense

Hopefully the chest and shoulder armor and robe are removable. No pictures of it, but

- One (1) set of one-piece blue costume with embossed pattern

why have the one piece with the embossed pattern underneath if not meant to be displayed without robes....

Hopefully the chest and shoulder armor and robe are removable. No pictures of it, but

why have the one piece with the embossed pattern underneath if not meant to be displayed without robes....

I'll be getting this regardless, but i expect the armour will come off and he can be displayed hologram Jor-El.
Even if not, i'll get it anyway.

Hey look, it's Odin 2.0! :monkey1
LOL That was the first thing I thought, as well. OK figure, likeness a'aight. Suit looks awesome for what it is, but doesn't exactly pop off the shelf. Ultimately this is a non-essential secondary figure. Unless the execution is absolutely perfect, then I think this kind of thing is destined for the SSC gift card list and discount bins of Hot Toys e-tailers. Likeness here seems slightly better than the ACI, Iminime, and Hot Toys bootleg ones.

The Toyhunters pics will show the likeness off. I love it here, there the figure will shine.

I'm glad theres a blue suit with the S logo under the robe. You could have 2 different looks ( assuming the robe is easily removed ).

Last edited:

Head sculpt looks great, nice figure overall but I do get the oden vibe on this as well, I will likely pass on this but wouldn't mind picking up the head parted out for a custom....

I'm glad there a blue suit with the S logo under the robe. You could have 2 different looks ( assuming the robe is easily removed ).

I'm not sure if the logo is underneath. I missread the "embossed pattern" as the S logo, but I think it refers to the pattern on the blue fabric. :(

B/c the sleeves are split open at the forearm revealing the the spandex suit. That's why he comes with it. However, I'm more than sure the armor can be removed with patience and not just ripping it off. The only question is whether or not the undersuit has the chest shield or not. If not, you'll have to get a superman suit and repaint the shield

Last edited:

B/c the sleeves are split open at the forearm revealing the the spandex suit. That's why he comes with it. However, I'm more than sure the armor can be removed with patience and no hair ripping it off. The only question is whether or not the undersuit has the chest shield or not. If not, you'll have to get a superman suit and repaint the shield

Yeah, I got all excited and misread "embossed pattern" and thought it meant "s" shield... :(

Stark IM3 sculpt was improved and it could be the best up to date in likeness. Same was with Avengers - Thor.

This sculpt has a potential (it is close), but it could be tweaked to look terrific. If people voice it. Well, you are happy - good, I'll pass it. It is not cheap figure business and they have license monopoly in 1/6, so I have a right to expect the best.

HT does very good painting nowadays, but that has nothing to do with likeness.

P.S.: That's it, no more comments on likeness from me.

Actually it does. The likeness of a sculpt could definitely be there but if the paint is all fudged up, the likeness will be gone. I've recently repainted a few older HT heads, and in the last Sideshow heads where the likeness didnt seem like it was there until you stripped the factory paint and repainted it which brought the likeness out if repainted properly

Back