Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for then info... I will update with pics. I know its a huge job, but I'm bored and looking for something to try, haha.

Sounds great.
Jor El body:

DSC06807-horz_zps1bf58be4.jpg

Noland(Different arms):

HTPNL-02-2.jpg

Odin:

IMG_9055.jpg

Thanks a ton! I am trying to decide whether to get a body and sculpt directly over it, or to form a makeshift armature to sculp over. Obviously the armor sculpt will fit an actual figure much better if I sculpt directly over an existing body. Any idea where I can get a body for not too much?

Thanks a ton! I am trying to decide whether to get a body and sculpt directly over it, or to form a makeshift armature to sculp over. Obviously the armor sculpt will fit an actual figure much better if I sculpt directly over an existing body. Any idea where I can get a body for not too much?

Buy a cheaper body and sculpt directly over that.
Or buy the Jor El body and wrap the arms with cling film before sculpting, so the sculpted parts can come off.

Man I'm horrible about asking stupid questions... Just found a body on eBay. Not thrilled about paying $60 but I think the end product will be much better for it.

Buy a cheaper body and sculpt directly over that.
Or buy the Jor El body and wrap the arms with cling film before sculpting, so the sculpted parts can come off.

Any advice on a nice, cheap body that's reasonably similar? Sorry for the million questions, I just know you are incredibly versed in the 1/6th world while I'm just trying out my first big custom/mod.

Any advice on a nice, cheap body that's reasonably similar? Sorry for the million questions, I just know you are incredibly versed in the 1/6th world while I'm just trying out my first big custom/mod.

It entirely depends on whether you intend sculpting the parts on a body to then transplant onto a Jor El, or sculpting the parts to *stay* on the new body.
A generic body will work fine. Crowe isn't that huge, and a bit of bulk can be added in the armour sculpt.

Chemical Poisoning Teacher - Nude Body

China Series: Bow Soldier - Nude Body w/ Hand Joints

It entirely depends on whether you intend sculpting the parts on a body to then transplant onto a Jor El, or sculpting the parts to *stay* on the new body.
A generic body will work fine. Crowe isn't that huge, and a bit of bulk can be added in the armour sculpt.

Chemical Poisoning Teacher - Nude Body

My plan was to sculpt the armor to be transferred eventually. I've been looking at various bodies... There are a lot of choices for less than $30, and the one you linked looks perfectly fine. I guess I would most like the body more specific to Jor-el, so I'll just have to decide if I want to spend $60 on it.

My plan was to sculpt the armor to be transferred eventually. I've been looking at various bodies... There are a lot of choices for less than $30, and the one you linked looks perfectly fine. I guess I would most like the body more specific to Jor-el, so I'll just have to decide if I want to spend $60 on it.

No-one will know what the body is underneath.
Just buy a spare Jor El head and a neck to fit the body.

No-one will know what the body is underneath.
Just buy a spare Jor El head and a neck to fit the body.

Yeah but I aldo need the under suit and everything. That's why I was planning on sculpting an armor and fabricating something that can be put on and off so I can use the body I originally have. However, I can buy another body with the undersuit still attached for the same price as a naked body... Maybe I just go that route.

Yeah but I aldo need the under suit and everything. That's why I was planning on sculpting an armor and fabricating something that can be put on and off so I can use the body I originally have. However, I can buy another body with the undersuit still attached for the same price as a naked body... Maybe I just go that route.

Yeah. Just get a body that is wearing the suit. Wrap it with cling film then sculpt the body armour.

Those are the best ones. A figure you *really* want in your display.

Right now I have Zod staring down Supes... I think it'll look awesome having Jor-el opposite him in his own armored suit instead. I searched around for anyone who may have done a custom and found nothing... And I consider myself artistic enough to give it a shot! Really interested to see what I can do and to see what you all think as I go along.

Right now I have Zod staring down Supes... I think it'll look awesome having Jor-el opposite him in his own armored suit instead. I searched around for anyone who may have done a custom and found nothing... And I consider myself artistic enough to give it a shot! Really interested to see what I can do and to see what you all think as I go along.

You could always pick up a Jor El iconic statue, chop it into pieces and dremel the armour hollow.

tt5a3842bjpg-50eab6.jpg

You could always pick up a Jor El iconic statue, chop it into pieces and dremel the armour hollow.

tt5a3842bjpg-50eab6.jpg

Hopefully I can say great minds think alike... I already bought that statue with a somewhat similar idea in mind! I had actually planned on using it to get impressions of the armor for molds to use... However the statue is noticeably smaller in scale.. Maybe 1/6 and a half, not quite 1/7, and so it would never fit. However, I decided to keep the statue as it is the clearest representation of the armor and I can use it as a great reference for my own sculpting.

Last edited:
Hopefully I can say great minds think alike... I already bought that statue with a somewhat similar idea in mind! I had actually planned on using it to get impressions of then rumor for molds to use... However the statue is noticeably smaller in scale.. Maybe 1/6 and a half, not quite 1/7, and so it would never fit. However, I decided to keep the statue as it is the clearest representation of the armor and I can use it as a great reference for my own sculpting.

Sounds like a great project. Be sure and post your progress here.

Here is an image to show the disparity in scale. I was really disappointed when I found out it was so off.

03fbef08ee0a3c45452bd6d4567f8a4b.jpg

Sounds like a great project. Be sure and post your progress here.

Thanks, I will be sure to do so. I just ordered the body from Toy Anxiety. I am off Wednesday and I wouldd like to get started then, but I'm not sure if I will even get the body by then. I thought I might start by sculpting his chest crest that I can then just add to the front of the armor as I build it. I never even realized his battle armor symbol is different than his regular symbol until I started researching for this project.

Back