Hot Toys-MMS 193-GI Joe:Retaliation Storm Shadow Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of names in this thread I've never seen before in the Joe forum.

The fact that sheep will get into a line in which they had no interest in the franchise prior just because HT makes them is pretty crazy.

WITHOUT the GI JOE license & namesake . . . the figure as is looks sharp.

Needing & wanting to buy one though is a different story.

What an easy pass.
A forgettable first movie.
The 2nd movie needed "retooling" before it was even released.
An even more forgettable character.
Not as iconic as the cartoon version.

The fact that sheep will get into a line in which they had no interest in the franchise prior just because HT makes them is pretty crazy.

The only sheep in the GI Joe threads are the regulars that cry that its the Hot Toys name that makes people say that these are nice figures. Where on Sideshows website does it have to say you have to be a life long fan of the franchise to buy it? Fanboys never seem to amaze me with how personal they take the silliest things in life.

With Roadblock coming out, I'll likely get this one and Snake Eyes. If the movie is good it would be nice to get a couple of other figs out of it. Too bad they didn't have Scarlet come back. She was quite cute.

I'm exited to see Retaliation, not excited to see this.

Too bad Storm Shadow didn't get an updated costume like Snake Eyes did for this movie. Would have loved to see Storm Shadow in the 1988 style on the big screen. Much happier with Sideshows Storm Shadow.

Did you never stop to think that maybe some people are just fans of the movie and not the comic/cartoon/OG toys? . . . actually, scratch that. This is a frightening concept that I would prefer not to consider.

The only sheep in the GI Joe threads are the regulars that cry that its the Hot Toys name that makes people say that these are nice figures. Where on Sideshows website does it have to say you have to be a life long fan of the franchise to buy it? Fanboys never seem to amaze me with how personal they take the silliest things in life.

Not really, The Storm Shadow figure looks fantastic for the movie figure. The costume design looks like *****, and that's a fact.:lecture

Did you never stop to think that maybe some people are just fans of the movie and not the comic/cartoon/OG toys? . . . actually, scratch that. This is a frightening concept that I would prefer not to consider.

Surely thats not possible. If Hot Toys made figures based on 30 Going on 13 or The Notebook, Hot Toys slobberers would be all over it.

or it could be that people are fans of collectibles from movies only?...

though,I would rather have more Sideshow ARAH Joe figures than Hot Toys movie joe figures..

I love the masked head design. Having the breathable area for the mouth and nose makes so much sense.
So he's wearing a dust protector over his mouth. I guess that is good if he decides he needs to sand down the bannisters in the terror drome. He still has a huge, pointless leather coat thing that is the opposite of utilitarian. In a way, that channels the spirit of the '80s, but in another, more important way, it just sucks.

Back