Hot Toys-MMS 193-GI Joe:Retaliation Storm Shadow Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS-GI Joe:Retaliation Storm Shadow Specs + Pics

Been a little while since I thought HT got a really good likeness on a newly announced product. I'm curious as to who the sculptor was for this (Lee So Young?). Nice work HT.
0F57C501-8788-413D-93FB-9C66B389D442-1227-000000F669A6EC9A.jpg
Quality of the mask looks good. I'm not even sure if it's sculpted or fabric.
Cool looking figure. Shoes & all :lol I guess I'll be adding this to my collection.
Edit: Nevermind. I saw on the first page that 'Lee So Young' did sculpt this. I thought it would be her, since the sculpt was so impressive. She might be the most impressive sculptor HT has.

Last edited:

Yup. A ninja with tennis shoes.

I bet "Smooth Criminal" is playing when this "storm shadow" makes his first appearance on screen. And he will be moonwalking with those shoes.

This look is so retarded. :lol

You're tripping. It's more like Captain Eo! Get it right.

CaptainEO(3).jpg

I'm tempted to get this. :lol:peace

I likes. Not sure if I would buy though.

That would be her :D

And BANE, too.

Really, as a figure, Hot Toys nailed this. Great sculpt, great tailoring.Some people are comparing him to another Asian actor who I googled, and I think it's not HT's fault that they look alike, as much as it's not their fault that the design's not good at all. I'm okay with SE, but this one's a design for a ninja I don't think I can accept.

Congrats to all those who plan to PO this, though.

*Storm Shadow would like to thank Adidas for his shoes and jogging pants*

Maybe he just likes comfortable shoes... You know what they say about men in comfortable shoes... :lol :rotfl

Having the figure joints hidden, makes these figures look even more cool. Might be able to make some pretty realistic looking 'Versus' displays.

Wow that is a nice pic. :clap

Definitely buying both of these, and I don't mind the loose pants Snake Eyes and this figure wear because hopefully it means greater freedom of movement in the legs. I'd take that over any other costume that would keep me from putting them in poses like kicking or kneeling. I can't stand it when my figures can't move their legs!

While i am not a big fan of the outfit, this figure looks so good and i think if i end up buying any Hot Toys Retaliation figures then they will be all Cobra, no Joes.

I reckon the movie sucking will help turn this release into a solid pass though.

Last edited:

i definitely pose it nude with pants only

never like that leather suit

And BANE, too.
Did she? I might not be so impressed with all her sculpts, but when an HT sculpt does go right, it seems to have her name attached.

I think it would add that little extra "coolness" to the figures, if the actual movie was good. That "ninja" trailer released not so long ago is pretty cool.

While i am not a big fan of the outfit, this figure looks so good and i think if i end up buying any Hot Toys Retaliation figures then they will be all Cobra, no Joes.

I reckon the movie sucking will help turn this release into a solid pass though.

I wish there'd be Cobra Commander.

As for the Joes, I'm most excited to see DJ Roadblock.

Did she? I might not be so impressed with all her sculpts, but when an HT sculpt does go right, it seems to have her name attached.

I think it would add that little extra "coolness" to the figures, if the actual movie was good. That "ninja" trailer released not so long ago is pretty cool.

Yes, she did the Bane HS. And so far, figures that has her name on it are pretty good indeed likeness-wise-- Loki, Bane, Coulson, and this.

I'll watch the movie first before judging it, but yeah, that trailer was cool :)

i definitely pose it nude with pants only

never like that leather suit

Just the pants and those sneakers on? Won't he look like he's going to the gym or out to jog?

Oh my, I'll stop now and move on. I'm starting to sound like the troll on DX12 thread who can't get over the shoulderpads and the cowl.

I wish there'd be Cobra Commander.

As for the Joes, I'm most excited to see DJ Roadblock.

Yeah. I'm still holding out hope that HT makes a Cobra Commander. I think that figure would sell better than any of the others because of design and popularity of the character.

As for Storm Shadow. He is a great representation of the movie design and the headsculpt is nice. Unfortunately, I don't really like the movie costume design and I only would display SS with a mask on. It is funny some people have mentioned it but the first thing my eye honed in on was the addidas shoes.:rotfl He reminds me of Snake Eyes in the sense that the design is kind of cool until you get past the waist and then it is just akward pants shoes.

Just the pants and those sneakers on? Won't he look like he's going to the gym or out to jog?

Oh my, I'll stop now and move on. I'm starting to sound like the troll on DX12 thread who can't get over the shoulderpads and the cowl.

even the movie poster maker hate that leather coat

images-2.jpg

of course ,need a ttm19 muscle bodies if needed

the hand shows the cobra logo

I'm sure the fate of Cobra Commander will depend on how well Snake and SS sell.

Back