Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went on the Waitlist at the end of January and got him yesterday, (it was shipped by Sideshow).

The figure is awesome and it really is massive! I don't know if anyone else does this but with the base it came with, (same as Midas but lights up), if you take out the plastic white ring on the inside, the LEDs look much better.

Woohoo! My spare parts arrived this morning! !
e7e5a9eb.jpg

Bri

After finally setting mine up last month I haven't looked at it since, pass it every single time leaving the room and haven't even glanced, guess means it's boring to me, countless times I've stopped to have a look at the DX13, I'd say its the awful museum poses on the Marks... something has to be done as I'm temped to sell the whole lot :/

After finally setting mine up last month I haven't looked at it since, pass it every single time leaving the room and haven't even glanced, guess means it's boring to me, countless times I've stopped to have a look at the DX13, I'd say its the awful museum poses on the Marks... something has to be done as I'm temped to sell the whole lot :/

You need to keep mixing up your displays if they bore you.
It's hard for me to imagine a more iconic Tony figure than this, based on the scene where he wears that clothing.
Just mix things up a bit!

It's hard for me to imagine a more iconic Tony figure than this, based on the scene where he wears that clothing.

c86161ebf84e9955805b38ebeef43575.jpg

That's it, dunno I think I'm over the whole IM thing now, both those Marks are up for sale... I'll keep Tony for now as he's new and I like the pose.

That's it, dunno I think I'm over the whole IM thing now, both those Marks are up for sale... I'll keep Tony for now as he's new and I like the pose.

That's fair enough.
I initially bought the MKVI when i for got into collecting. Swore i'd never need another mark, as it was my fave.
Then i needed cash to pay for my DX12.
And i sold the MKVI.
Regretting it from about a week later for a long time till i was able to get another one.
Now i would NEVER part with any of my suits of armour, or Tony.
I never felt the need to buy the mechanic, or Cowboy Tony.
I just feel that if you loved the MKII and MKVII enough to pony up the dough for them, you might regret selling them later on!
And Tony too.
As i stare at my current collection right now, i can't see one single figure i would consider selling, just to fund another figure.
I'll save up to get a figure or(As is happening right now), do commission work with a figure in trade at the end of it, but i love my collection too much to sell one figure to fund another.
Hold on to your armours! You'll regret parting with them.

Agreed. I think I change the display on my shelves every few months or so. I've also adopted the simplistic look, so I'm try to limit the amount of figures on my shelves so they don't look to crowded. This allows me to really appreciate the figures more

My figure cane with a broken leg (the peg was actually stuck in the boot and snapped the plastic on the lower leg). Sideshow says they have no more of this figure and that the lower leg is not interchangeable with The Mechanic figure. They're trying to find a figure with which the leg is compatible. Not sure what happens next. Pretty bummed out seeing as howi can't switch the leg out or do any posing without the leg coming off.

My figure cane with a broken leg (the peg was actually stuck in the boot and snapped the plastic on the lower leg). Sideshow says they have no more of this figure and that the lower leg is not interchangeable with The Mechanic figure. They're trying to find a figure with which the leg is compatible. Not sure what happens next. Pretty bummed out seeing as howi can't switch the leg out or do any posing without the leg coming off.

Man that Sucks. Hopefully SS fixes that for you

Was yours a wait list convert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I bought it from a local comic shop. But being as I bought it from a licensed distributor, Sideshow is willing to warranty it. Just kinda worried now as I've never had any issues with Sideshow (have 9 Sideshow Joes, this was my first HT purchase) so I'm just wondering how it will play out.

That's fair enough.
I initially bought the MKVI when i for got into collecting. Swore i'd never need another mark, as it was my fave.
Then i needed cash to pay for my DX12.
And i sold the MKVI.
Regretting it from about a week later for a long time till i was able to get another one.
Now i would NEVER part with any of my suits of armour, or Tony.
I never felt the need to buy the mechanic, or Cowboy Tony.
I just feel that if you loved the MKII and MKVII enough to pony up the dough for them, you might regret selling them later on!
And Tony too.
As i stare at my current collection right now, i can't see one single figure i would consider selling, just to fund another figure.
I'll save up to get a figure or(As is happening right now), do commission work with a figure in trade at the end of it, but i love my collection too much to sell one figure to fund another.
Hold on to your armours! You'll regret parting with them.

I dunno there is other things I'd like to buy and only way to get them is selling something else, that's kinda my rule, also the spacefactore, I'm limited to how many figures I can have displayed, I sold my Harley Quinn statue Monday and kinda regret it but it'll buy me HT Superman or Bane and Babydoll and Harley Quinn is 10 times more to me than Iron Man so if I do sell them Marks I think I'll be ok, so long as it's a good price :p

In terms of just Hot Toys you'd never sell your figures but I look and think either would I but then if someone did offer me the right price I'd be OK to let it go I'd say, except the DX13, NEVER or the New Goblin as that was my first HT figure,

I do have something's tho that are worth more to me so I get where your coming from with the MarkVI, I have the Play Arts Lara Croft and I'd never sell it in a heartbeat, actually have 3 and they're staying, it's all about what something's worth to you, I'd take another Lara Croft over say a DX11 Joker cause I love Tomb Raider :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got some good news today. Sideshow apparently found a leg for my figure and is supposed to be shipping it out in the next couple days. Hyped to finally be able to display him properly.

Back