Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what these pieces of armors are supposed to be? The eBay listings call them leg armors or arm and leg armors, but they don't look like any part of the suit to me. But since the armor pieces can morph into basically anything, it's hard to say.

375169d72070a28faabf7a19ab4e9077_IMG_0767.JPG

Does anyone know what these pieces of armors are supposed to be? The eBay listings call them leg armors or arm and leg armors, but they don't look like any part of the suit to me. But since the armor pieces can morph into basically anything, it's hard to say.

View attachment 333144
They represent the jet propelled components of the mk 42 which are collapsed considerably when there's no pesky human leg in the way of the metal components, as seen in the suit up scene in IM3.

latest

View attachment 333144

From the scenes where they fly, the right one is the calf area with boot, and the left one is the forearm. It's all compressed with having no human parts inside.

There are some small differences in what is red and what is gold between what's on screen and the hot toys piece. I think the on-screen version matches the final form of the boot better.

leg-movie.jpgleg-hottoys.jpg

There are some small differences in what is red and what is gold between what's on screen and the hot toys piece. I think the on-screen version matches the final form of the boot better.

View attachment 333219View attachment 333220

I've seen those items in my display every day for the last few years, but it's only now, seeing it in those two pictures, that I realise the armour component looks like Tony's been making armours for the turrets from Portal.

I've seen those items in my display every day for the last few years, but it's only now, seeing it in those two pictures, that I realise the armour component looks like Tony's been making armours for the turrets from Portal.

Or a Portal gun!
I never saw that either, till now, lol.

"For those of you who volunteered to be injected with Preying Mantis DNA, we have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is we have postponed those test indefinitely. The good news is we have a new test for you; Fighting an army of Mantis-Men. Pick up a gun and follow the arrows. You'll know when the test starts..."

So a quick question for anyone that owns this and the original MMS132 MKVI armor. I picked up the Tony Stark helmet head form the MKVI to use for my MKVII on ebay for a great price, and it goes on perfect and looks great as it is the same helmet design. But it didn't include the Face Mask. I know the loose face mask that comes with this has no magnets, but is it the same as the clean faceplate from the MKVI?? I just want to have it resting on the top of his helmet. I figure I can rig it with a magnet or some blue tack. There's a seller on ebay for just the loose face plate for cheap...

Thanks to anyone that can answer this for me.

So a quick question for anyone that owns this and the original MMS132 MKVI armor. I picked up the Tony Stark helmet head form the MKVI to use for my MKVII on ebay for a great price, and it goes on perfect and looks great as it is the same helmet design. But it didn't include the Face Mask. I know the loose face mask that comes with this has no magnets, but is it the same as the clean faceplate from the MKVI?? I just want to have it resting on the top of his helmet. I figure I can rig it with a magnet or some blue tack. There's a seller on ebay for just the loose face plate for cheap...

Thanks to anyone that can answer this for me.
I just checked mine - the mask seems to fit the MK VI; it appears to be the same moulding, just with the magnets not installed (and, at least on mine, slightly better paint apps :)).

I just checked mine - the mask seems to fit the MK VI; it appears to be the same moulding, just with the magnets not installed (and, at least on mine, slightly better paint apps :)).

Awesome!! Thanks so much for the info. It's only $6 and change with free shipping on ebay. I surprisingly won the auction at only $22 for the MKVI Stark face in helmet head. I can live with $30 total.

:duff

Been a long time in the making but I finally have the space to put together a workshop dio.. Just need 2 more hoa's to have all 7 20170727_121300.jpgthen I'll start to unbox everything. Here's what I've done so far, excuse the crappy pics20170728_003729.jpg20170727_121610.jpg

I cant believe this was mms 191. Still one of my favorites. I just wish there was a smiling pepper to go with it.

This is one set I'd really like; it looks amazing with all the accessories. I PO'd the new Mk 4 Gantry release; that and this will probably be my whole IM collection and I'll be good!

Back