Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Batbrain! The more I futz with this set, the more I love it. :hi5:

Looks great ninja! I've come close to putting one of my Marks in the display with him like you have done, but I just can't bring myself to change this pose yet.
I think subconsciously I'm saving the space for Pepper. :D

You guys inspired me to get off my butt and finish wiring this up & go get the briefcase from storage, so here's the final product :)

StarkWorkshopFinal1_zpsed33d5ea.jpg

If it helps anyone, I got an AC set at Walmart that fit the base no problem and the wire was plenty long to run throughout the Detolf and out the back to an outlet.
Here's a product link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/PowerLine-1300-mah-Universal-AC-Adapter-w-USB-Power-Port/16778839

Nice looking display, and I went and got the same universal adapter for mine too after seeing the YouTube video of guy using old Nokia charger.:hi5:

I am finally at my new place and have had a chance to set this set up for display. I love all the display options and it look really good in person.:yess::yess:

I plan on getting a larger display case to be able to use the entire base. Here are some shots from my phone.

20130910_100252_zps94376e0e.jpg

I'm sold! :clap :clap :duff

Got mine in earlier today. I was initially going to pass on this set and only get The Mechanic but after seeing everyone's pictures and the endless display options, I had to have it.

Sad truth about it. I now have to have both as well. :monkey2

:lol

This set is way better than the Mechanic, IMO. Especially when you add in some other elements. I do like the Mechanic, but not nearly as much as this.

Alright.. finally had some time to break this bad boy open and set it up. Excellent figure. I think the head sculpt is great and the extras just put it over the top. I even switched out some parts with my Mark VII!

vf8kkw.jpg

2djb4vp.jpg

532ols.jpg

2mxn9dv.jpg

:clap Nice display!

Royce..you got the coolest setups :p I've seen your Pred stuff

And incidentally, on a slightly different subject(But still related):

I was watching the Bluray yesterday.
Paying attention to the Air Force One rescue, there are very slight hints in the closeups of Tony's face that he is wearing the Direct Mental Control headset to control the MK42, most notably the eyepiece on his left eye.

But after the scene i was thinking: "Where did the headset come from???"

He was NOT wearing in during the mansion attack. He didn't have it when he got out of the MK42...
Just a goof i suppose.

Back