Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And incidentally, on a slightly different subject(But still related):

I was watching the Bluray yesterday.
Paying attention to the Air Force One rescue, there are very slight hints in the closeups of Tony's face that he is wearing the Direct Mental Control headset to control the MK42, most notably the eyepiece on his left eye.

But after the scene i was thinking: "Where did the headset come from???"

He was NOT wearing in during the mansion attack. He didn't have it when he got out of the MK42...
Just a goof i suppose.

The head set is small, spare stored in Mk. 42... like the flash stick...

An armoring up/armored Tony is headset-less..... &
A headset wearing Tony is armor less...

Somebody already went ahead and added rooted hair. :lol

1000975_519452838138956_640827184_n.jpg

(c) William Lau

nice use of the MK 7 exclusive piece Royce12 on the desk

Great set up Royce :clap

Finally found a use for the holographic mini figure too!

Thank you. I'm glad that I remembered I had it. It was still sitting in the box, stashed away in the attic. I think it fits this scene.

My first two will be here on monday.
I am going to pop up to work today and quickly make a new Hologram table for the display so i can display the MKVII EX hologram on it in the background.

I'd love to see your take on the hologram table. I'm still working on that part of my display. I knew that it would not look right just sitting on the table so I stole two pieces from my masterpiece soundwave transformer to make it look like the image is being projected onto a grid. I bought a 1/6th scale laptop from ebay. When it arrives I'll add it to the table with wires running from it to the grid and projector.

f0w2me.jpg

Royce..you got the coolest setups :p I've seen your Pred stuff

Had to check out said Pred setup myself and yep very cool, Royce you should do a collection thread ;)

Thank you. What's funny is I originally went to Target looking for something that I could add to this Tony Stark setup but I could not find anything. Michaels is right beside it so I switch my attention to the Predators. I'm just getting started with the dynamic poses and environments but as they come together a bit more I can def do a collection thread or something. I really need to work on getting some 15x15 backgrounds printed.

I'd love to see your take on the hologram table. I'm still working on that part of my display.

Thanks.
That one in the pic i posted *IS* my take on the Hologram table!
It's one i sold to a member here.
I made myself a new one today at work.
I also made a large SNAPON toolchest like Tony's and a broom for DUM-E.

^^ oh wow.. very nice. Makes my version look like crap lol

Don't think like that.
I just made mine myself.
You used a part from something else, but it doesn't make any one better than another.
If you had lights in that part, it would be tremendous!
Here are pics of the Snapon chest and broom i made today that will be displayed with my Tony when he arrives(When the set arrives, it will be DUM-E holding the broom).

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

That's excellent! XD
How'd you make it?

Well(And i apologise if i am telling anyone here something they already know), the normal way to make a cone from paper is to cut out a circle, then cut a single line from the outer edge to the centre of the circle.
You then start feeding the two edges of the cut line around and the tighter you feed them into each other, the smaller the base of the cone will be. I just added a tiny bit of tape to hold it closed when i got to the desired diameter.
The way to calculate the size the cone needs to be is that if you want the dunce cap to be 35mm high, cut out a 35mm circle. There is also a formula to work out how much of the circle you need for a givven lower diameter but, in general, wrap the thing around, and cut away any excess you don't need, leaving only a minimal wrapped amount.
I made a very fast image in Photoshop which was a grey layer with several circles cut out, and the DUNCE written vertically.
I printed it out on a sheet of A4, and cut the first one out at the top, which seemed the right size.
If anyone wants to try it, here's the file(Only 1.5mb and a JPG):

https://ul.to/qf9800l6

Where are you guys getting the black tile-ish looking floor for your detolf setups?

Where are you guys getting the black tile-ish looking floor for your detolf setups?

I'm wondering that same thing…

If you mean the item below, i make them, and sold one to Eric.

The Dunce cap should have been an exclusive....barry, is your mk v missing an arm guard?

I don't think so. When my MKV arms bends forward that's how it looks.

Here are pics of the panel i make(Sized for a Detolf shelf, and with the gridlines and gantry panels marked on):

IMG_1455.jpg

4-1_zps6dd80965.jpg

1-1_zpsb396b99a.jpg

5-1_zps195dc1fb.jpg

7-1_zps96b10bad.jpg

2-1_zpsb403e84c.jpg

3-1_zps5f98db34.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

Back