Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man This set forced me to pre order the Mark XLII, HOT TOYS YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE ME HOMELESS!!!

does any know the dimensions of the base????
becose I want to make a case for it!!

It's huge... but gets put together in sections.

The inner glowing ring is 6.5" in diameter, with the next extension up to the stairs is 13.5", and the full display with the stairs and cardboard floor is 20.5". :panic:

Then you also have the table (8" x 4.5") and robot to fit in there too!

Out for delivery.. such a wonderful status to see! If my neighbors see me constantly peeping out my window they will think I'm up to something!

Seriously, how can one own this set and NOT the Mk XLII?
Lucky for me I'm not a fan of the MK XLII so I get to keep that money in my pocket!

A word of advice to anyone putting the leg armor on Tony. I found that placing the MK XLII "shoe" on a flat wooden table works best, and then pressing down vertically on it while holding the figure's upper leg. This avoids putting any pressure on the armor around the lower leg, which seems like it could break easily if you're just snapping the foot on as the instructions tell you to do. Hope that made sense!

Man, getting the additional platform piece that attaches to the stand + steps into a Detolf with the table and robot was a chore! :monkey4

Putting that in there was like playing the board game Operation, I kept bumping the table and knocking the goodies over and off of it :lol

Pic for funzies ;)

0a240f88-481c-4c83-852a-b0d22b6f577e_zpsd8f4d3de.jpg

Sweet setup Yankee Planet!

Did you happen to wire the Tony Stark figure stand to a power adapter too? I just watched this video and the guy found a $5 Nokia phone charger that works perfectly for it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-YzK7a8dk[/ame]

Nice! I see you bought the additional parts, the IM poster etc. I want to get that too.

And I love the Cap shield - nice touch! Now if someone would make the partial shield that was in IM2, that would be sweet!

Man, getting the additional platform piece that attaches to the stand + steps into a Detolf with the table and robot was a chore! :monkey4

Putting that in there was like playing the board game Operation, I kept bumping the table and knocking the goodies over and off of it :lol

Pic for funzies ;)

Pic for funzies ;)

Very nice! I thought about snatching a Captain America shield for my display as well. Well done!

Back