Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God i really hope they make all of those :pray:, the grey/correct looking war machine is the one figure i have to have from this movie so far, who am i kidding i will get the 42/47 one too. I missed the first war machine and hate the milk version. I really hope they do both versions of him :pray: i will be pissed if they only do the iron patriot one.

I agree! The new WM looks great and I plan to get it.
I missed the IM2 one and also hated the Milk one. :lol

Getting this one might help me resist the Mk42/47, though :D

One thing that does surprise me though is that there's no crutch grab stand, there's not even an option to add one into the stage :confused:

Good point. :)

More I look at this figure the more it's 100% RDJ :yess:

One thing that does surprise me though is that there's no crutch grab stand, there's not even an option to add one into the stage :confused:

We shall see. Nothing's decided yet.

I sure hope they will add the other arm armor to make it possible to copy the movie poster.

On a side note, I think the head looks great in this shot:
543920_10151218808727344_1284430486_n.jpg

All this work with pretty cool accessories and then total fail on the head sculpt. It looks more like Jeremy Renner than RDJ. Taking a step backwards for likeness but leaps forward in price I'm sure.

:lol d'you mean you've worked your way up from, say, 98%?

:yess:

Seriously I think it looks great, I'm convinced those who say it's the worst HS ever or looks like someone else rather than RDJ etc etc are either genuinely blind, hating because they think it's cool or just trolling

I think the sculpt looks spot on to my eyes, i said this year i would get mark 42/47 whatever its called, and thor from the dark world, now im getting this and no doubt iron patriot, mandarin just from this film alone, im super pumped for iron man 3

Let's see..

this, 2 WMs (the two paint variants), Mk 42 (or 47??)

That's 4 figures with the first one already more than 1/4th of $1000.

Then, we still have to account for the "other" unseen armors and the Mandarin.

Prospects not looking good. :lol

Ya, I don't upgrade as a rule. Being i have WM, I would only need the new one. Mandarin does not have ammor or a helmet. I will wait and see.

Seriously I think it looks great, I'm convinced those who say it's the worst HS ever or looks like someone else rather than RDJ etc etc are either genuinely blind, hating because they think it's cool or just trolling

Agreed, the more I look at it, the more I like it. Also watching the trailer again refreshed my memory of how RDJ looks in IM3.

I should clarify that this figure is cheap FROM A HOT TOYS PERSPECTIVE. Is it ACTUALLY cheap? No.

I'm just having trouble figuring out why its only $60 more than figures with far fewer accessories. Or maybe they figured people who had already bought the suit-up gantry were price-fatigued, and rightfully so. 'Cause that thing was a straight-up fortune.

I'm not buying the Mark 42, that is just me. The full suits of armor make me nervous from a quality standpoint, I dont like the fact that all of the pelvic armor seems to turn pink over time. I could fix it, but dont feel I should have to.

I will think this figure over for a while, but may end up picking him up.

If it's $280.00 its good. I do wonder if there's going to be a ex on this one. I passed on the ex mark 1 being I didn't think the little guy was worth $17.00.

No pink anything for me. I did get the Granty and iron monger last month. It's hard to just say no. That's why I have my rules.

I have to say it's the best RDJ yet(Not 100% accurate, but still the best they have yet come up with).
Especially after the proto for the MKVII armour head. That looked a lot less like him than this does.

God i really hope they make all of those :pray:, the grey/correct looking war machine is the one figure i have to have from this movie so far, who am i kidding i will get the 42/47 one too. I missed the first war machine and hate the milk version. I really hope they do both versions of him :pray: i will be pissed if they only do the iron patriot one.

I am the other way around. I passed the gray one and got the milk one. It had more to do with the red lights. I really glad that the Iron Patriot is not red, white, blue. If so I would have to pass on it.

I am the other way around. I passed the gray one and got the milk one. It had more to do with the red lights. I really glad that the Iron Patriot is not red, white, blue. If so I would have to pass on it.

I passed on both and i love the design of iron patriot from what i have seen and will be picking it up

No, the sculpt needs some work. Especially the eyes. Those aren't RDJ's eyes at all. I mean you definitely know who its supposed to be, no doubts there, but it is far from being perfect,

Wouldnt magnetic boots be wonderful?!!!! That would be so awesome, I hope they do this!

I was wondering how he could stand up alone, too. That explains it!! :)

Yeah, magnetic boots would be great right up until you use them for the first time and the scratch all of the paint off the boots and the base :lol Definitely not a good option.

Wouldnt magnetic boots be wonderful?!!!! That would be so awesome, I hope they do this!

I was wondering how he could stand up alone, too. That explains it!! :)

It's just a thought. I know that figures in my Detolf without stands fall occasionally. There would have to be some way to counter that. And magnets would be the first thing i would consider to solve the problem.
This figure would look pants if he had to be in a stand...

All these years and still the hands can't seem to do the firing repulser pose with the armour on. I take back what I said about the hs though. It does look like RDJ from certain angles.

All these years and still the hands can't seem to do the firing repulser pose with the armour on. I take back what I said about the hs though. It does look like RDJ from certain angles.

Exactly. Still hope they'll work on the eyes and ...uh... color. But specific and thoughtful posing would make him look good either way.

Back