Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There must be other display cases large enough to display this entire set piece and aren't crazy expensive?
You can try the Besta series from Ikea. There's a $230 one that I'm aiming to get that can fit about 18 figures in it without it being crammed. Seen a fellow collector have it and you can also buy extra shelves and they're all adjustable.

besta-storage-combination__0117558_PE272618_S4.JPG

You can try the Besta series from Ikea. There's a $230 one that I'm aiming to get that can fit about 18 figures in it without it being crammed. Seen a fellow collector have it and you can also buy extra shelves and they're all adjustable.

besta-storage-combination__0117558_PE272618_S4.JPG

That is the exact set up I am looking at. They are modular so you can make it tall like this or wide/ side by side. This pic shows optional doors that offer better view of inside.:clap

That is the exact set up I am looking at. They are modular so you can make it tall like this or wide/ side by side. This pic shows optional doors that offer better view of inside.:clap
The doors you see on it is actually included. Which explains the $230 price tag. I just wish Ikea wasn't so far away. It's the only thing stopping me from going there now to pick one up.

The doors you see on it is actually included. Which explains the $230 price tag. I just wish Ikea wasn't so far away. It's the only thing stopping me from going there now to pick one up.

I am lucky to have one 20 minutes from me. It is crazy shipping cost for these sets, since they weigh over 100 lbs.

Hi Plastik,

Could the Tony Stark helmet be used to replace the helmet on the Mark VII ?

Or even the face plate?

Last edited:
The base will only fit in the detolf if you don't attach the stairs. It takes up so much real estate that you lose out on being able to use the table and robotic arm.

Wow that really does suck (the situation about the base not the pic). Gonna have to totally reevaluate how I'm gonna display this guy now :(

Oh and on using Besta's for 1/6 figures I think it looks beyond crap, from setups I've seen they either look too lost in a Besta or the opposite and too crammed (not a fan of having raised platforms to show off a 'back row' of figures either)

The base will only fit in the detolf if you don't attach the stairs. It takes up so much real estate that you lose out on being able to use the table and robotic arm.

Great pics.
Thanks for posting.
Can you do me a favour and post the dimensions of the base? The diameter WITH the stars and without please(If you can't get the full diameter, just measure from dead centre of the base, to the end of one stair and i can work it out myself. I'm going to build the staircase down to the wine cellar.
Thanks in advance!

You can get glass display cases that are used in retail environments for $500 or so. Maybe less if you go hunting. A far better option than Ikea stuff. And larger.

Why you consider only Ikea? In Ukraine we have many companys, that can do a specific glass display any size you want. And it wouldn`t be worse quality, then Ikea. Besides it will cost less, then Ikea.

Why you consider only Ikea? In Ukraine we have many companys, that can do a specific glass display any size you want. And it wouldn`t be worse quality, then Ikea. Besides it will cost less, then Ikea.

That's what I was saying. Plenty of other options.

You can get glass display cases that are used in retail environments for $500 or so. Maybe less if you go hunting. A far better option than Ikea stuff. And larger.

The only ones I've been able to find are $700-$800. Do you know any models or have any links of good cases less than $500?

Quoted wrong post) Sorry

For around 350$ I can get a case like this in my country:
b_prodotti-64731-rel391eb2286330456e83ac17df612fb90a.jpg

With LED and a little bigger size.

What model/brand is that? That looks really good!

What model/brand is that? That looks really good!

Originally, it's TONELLI DESIGN. Italian brand. But I`ve seen the same cases made by some 2-3 ppl companies in my town. Maybe you can find someone to make case like this in your town.

Back