1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 184-The Tumbler (Camouflage Version)-1/6th scale collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Camouflage Tumbler

(...)
The two year thing is most likely a mesure in place that keeps any of the world car companies from organizing a monopoly. (...)

Sorry but this is absolute nonsense... Please send be a link to a page were that is written. :dunno Patents do last for 20 years. And again a patent is not the same as a copyright :slap

I use to think the Camouflage Tumbler was okay and not as good as the black version but after seeing more pics I like this more now.

I think they would look awesome parked side by side.

My problem with this thing is that it's obviously just a straight repaint of the black Tumbler in camo, whereas the main camo Tumbler featured in TDKR (Bane's) has some signification different details on the body style. It's not just a simple repaint. Observe:

394770_10152152869770107_617040977_n.jpg

309487_10152152870065107_1499515682_n.jpg

...And those are just pics I took from the side angle. They're a little different from the front, too:

534708_10152152734330107_2104693912_n.jpg

480612_10152152734110107_2029217797_n.jpg

If Hot Toys expects us to shell out another $500+ for this thing they should definitely make these changes and make it more unique and screen accurate to the camo Tumbler featured in TDKR.

My problem with this thing is that it's obviously just a straight repaint of the black Tumbler in camo, whereas the main camo Tumbler featured in TDKR (Bane's) has some signification different details on the body style. It's not just a simple repaint. Observe:

394770_10152152869770107_617040977_n.jpg

309487_10152152870065107_1499515682_n.jpg

...And those are just pics I took from the side angle. They're a little different from the front, too:

534708_10152152734330107_2104693912_n.jpg

480612_10152152734110107_2029217797_n.jpg

If Hot Toys expects us to shell out another $500+ for this thing they should definitely make these changes and make it more unique and screen accurate to the camo Tumbler featured in TDKR.

You're looking at a different vehicle there. There are at least 3 camo-paint tumbler based vehicles in TDKR I can see from the trailers/promos - the armour plated one you've shown there, the one with the big-assed-cannon/railgun thing, and the basic standard issue tumbler which Hot Toys have reproduced.

I know, but this is the one that is featured the most in TDKR and what I would call the "hero" Camo Tumbler. It's the one that has the pop-up canon and everything.

That's my point... if they're going to make a 1:6 Camo Tumbler, I'd rather have the more unique one that is more featured in the movie than just a straight-up repaint. Especially at these prices.

Right, but I'm saying that it's the one of the 3 that you'll see and remember LEAST from the movie. :lol Hot Toys just went the cheap/easy way out and just repainted when they could have actually made one of the more unique ones... especially the one that Warner Bros is presenting as Bane's tumbler.

Right, but I'm saying that it's the one of the 3 that you'll see and remember LEAST from the movie. :lol Hot Toys just went the cheap/easy way out and just repainted when they could have actually made one of the more unique ones... especially the one that Warner Bros is presenting as Bane's tumbler.

Sure HT taking the quick easy $$$$$$$$.....is that something new for them??:rotfl

I know, but this is the one that is featured the most in TDKR and what I would call the "hero" Camo Tumbler. It's the one that has the pop-up canon and everything.

That's my point... if they're going to make a 1:6 Camo Tumbler, I'd rather have the more unique one that is more featured in the movie than just a straight-up repaint. Especially at these prices.

Dunno about that, most of the clips have all 3 of them on screen or close by to each other at all times. Don't know how you can determine that one style is featured more than another.

Because I've seen the movie? :lol

In that case, spoiler tag! :lol

I can't argue with you as I haven't seen it yet, but in the official pics (and a few unofficial clips) Bane is paired up with the "normal" Tumbler more than the modified ones, in what appears to be at least one pivotal scene.

01-Bane%20on%20Tumbler.jpg

Besides being cheaper to produce, maybe Hot Toys settled on the "normal" configuration because that's the one that the villain is with in key scenes. (Though it would be nice if the Camo Tumbler came with attachments to make the other versions)

Click the pic! Buy now!

Hot Toys Camo Tumbler - Dark Knight Rises - 1/6 vehicle

The Dark Knight Rises, the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, is coming in just one day! Celebrating the launch of this highly expected movie, Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Tumbler (Camouflage Version) Collectible from this movie.

The 1/6th scale Tumbler (Camouflage Version) Collectible specially features:
- Authentically detailed 1/6th scale model car painted in desert Camouflage color
- Perfect scale to Hot Toys 1/6th scale Collectible Figure
- Headlights light-up function
- Cockpit/ roof opening panel
- Slides up and down
- Movable breaking flaps

*Battery not included for collectible, 3A batteries (a total of 3 pieces) are required

Release date:Q1,2013

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

1bfc3300.jpg

651b674c.jpg

2c55a118.jpg

9f961ede.jpg

c61fb284.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 184-The Tumbler-1/6th scale collectible

I thought the one that bane rode have a different front window and mounted weapon on top?

Re: Hot Toys-MMS 184-The Tumbler-1/6th scale collectible

Yeah, there are some differences with the Tumblers from the Batmobile. So far Bane and his toys have just a quick cash grab by HT it seems. So lacking in details and accessories.

Back