1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 184-The Tumbler (Camouflage Version)-1/6th scale collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Camouflage Tumbler

As long as we don't get this is the end... :rotfl

Tumbler_by_scott2753.jpg

I Like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap

so want to pick up the black tumbler sometime ..,do you think that 1st version may sell out ? Which one do people want more the camouflaged or original ? I Know they may differ but love 1st version for me......

Would be looking for the Lambo as well but it could also be a problem of a missing license, as they are probably part of other model car companies property.

License is not the real issue. A car company can only hold its design paten for two years. & that Lam in perticular is now over 2yrs old. So HT (as well as anyone else) is free to recreate that & any car over 2. However.......the name Lamorginie & the trade mark Bucking Bull are a different issue altogether. & yes I know for many of you guys if you can't have the name & logo, then what's the point.

I'm still on page 3 catching up so I don't know if its been mentioned. But did anyone stop to realize that this is the 1st villian mobile! Just cause Bruce's Tumbler 1st came in camo, does not change the fact that this is BANE'S RIDE!! The display options are just too sick to pass up. I gotta have my "head on battle" dio.

Won't happen. Factories require orders of a certain number of units or it doesn't get made.

Normaly I would agree. But this is just a repaint. Not a new mold or new design. All they need do is divert X amount of black Ts for repaint.

License is not the real issue. A car company can only hold its design paten for two years. & that Lam in perticular is now over 2yrs old. So HT (as well as anyone else) is free to recreate that & any car over 2. However.......the name Lamorginie & the trade mark Bucking Bull are a different issue altogether. & yes I know for many of you guys if you can't have the name & logo, then what's the point.

This is not correct. A designs copyright ends 70 years after the designer or the respective owner passed away. If the design is a companies property, like in this case, it lasts 75 to 95 years. :lecture

Last edited:

This is not correct. A designs copyright ends 70 years after the designer or the respective owner passed away. If the design is a companies property, like in this case, it lasts 75 to 95 years. :lecture

Pissst, then someone should tell Lamborginie they lost a bundle on TF royalities. Like I said.....your automotive design is good for only two years. That's why you see domestic car manufactures rip off high end car companies. I.e. Pontiac's Grand Am & Grand Prix mimicing BMW, Chrysler 300 was a rip of Bently, ect ect.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11477&mode=retail

Pissst, then someone should tell Lamborginie they lost a bundle on TF royalities. Like I said.....your automotive design is good for only two years. That's why you see domestic car manufactures rip off high end car companies. I.e. Pontiac's Grand Am & Grand Prix mimicing BMW, Chrysler 300 was a rip of Bently, ect ect.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11477&mode=retail

Mimicing is not always ripping of a design, but there are a lot of lawsuits about cases when it came to close to the original in the author's point of view. Looking at copyrights in automotive industry also brings some other difficulties like trademarks in parts of the design. The shape of the double air-intakes in the front of BMWs is a registered trademark and so it is part of BMWs copyright and this can be extended by them for ever and eternity.

Who told you about the two years?? That's completely wrong. :dunno
Could go al lot more into detail but I don't want to use this thread for this, so wirte me a PM please if you'd like to know more about that or just read this please:

"(...) Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998 - extended terms to 95/120 years or life plus 70 years (...)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_law_of_the_United_States

I think he is thinking about China and their respect for other car companies intellectual properties:rolleyes:

I think he is thinking about China and their respect for other car companies intellectual properties:rolleyes:

Okay, that's truely an other thing. :) But I don't think a company like Hot Toys or an other company with a big name would just copy it without a license.

Last edited:

nah, from the ht website, its clearly says "batmobile camouflage version - the dark knight rises 2012"

I'm still on page 3 catching up so I don't know if its been mentioned. But did anyone stop to realize that this is the 1st villian mobile! Just cause Bruce's Tumbler 1st came in camo, does not change the fact that this is BANE'S RIDE!! The display options are just too sick to pass up. I gotta have my "head on battle" dio.

:exactly: I too share this same vision

You do realize I was speaking exclusivly about the car design trade industry right? Your reply did nothing to explain why TFs can do much more than mimic, but flat out reproduce the 85' Lam......which is no where near 70yrs old. & Pontiac does (oops forgot they are out of business now) eerr did use the double air intake that's so very much like BMW's.

My whole point here is this. Their is no reason HT can't do Bruce's Lam.

(...)
My whole point here is this. Their is no reason HT can't do Bruce's Lam..

I got that, but still: That is just not correct. There are many possible reasons and they can't just do it.

Your reply did nothing to explain why TFs can do much more than mimic, but flat out reproduce the 85' Lam

You can copy everything that is protected by a copyright of course, but ONLY with a license by the copyright's. TFs probably has a license to build this 85' Lam.

In our case, Hot Toys can't just go and bulid a 1/6 Lambo. They would have to get a license by the copyright's owner. If they get it and if they like to make one, there will be one.
If they don't get a license and just built it anyway Lambo would probably take Hot Toys the court...
One possible reason why they might not ever bring it could be, that there might be other toy car companies with exclusive rights to copy the specific Lambo in this scale.

Once again: PM me if you have further questions but trust me, you can't just copy any design after 2 Years as you said.

Last edited:

I got that, but still: That is just not correct. There are many possible reasons and they can't just do it.

You can copy everything that is protected by a copyright of course, but ONLY with a license by the copyright's. TFs probably has a license to build this 85' Lam.

In our case, Hot Toys can't just go and bulid a 1/6 Lambo. They would have to get a license by the copyright's owner. If they get it and if they like to make one, there will be one.
If they don't get a license and just built it anyway Lambo would probably take Hot Toys the court...
One possible reason why they might not ever bring it could be, that there might be other toy car companies with exclusive rights to copy the specific Lambo in this scale.

Once again: PM me if you have further questions but trust me, you can't just copy any design after 2 Years as you said.

Ummm, no. G1 TF from the 80ies has/had no such licence. TF reproduced several sports cars in the same fashion that many five & dime store toy car bins did. Ironhide & Ratchet are Nissian mini vans. Jazz, a slant nose Porsha, Sunstreaker & Sideswipe Lambos (so was one of the Stuntacons). Hound was a Jeep wrangler ect ect ect. I know my TF history. No licence was ever secured.

Now I will say this. This was the silver age of toys & the hundreds of millions to be had off of a design were not in play which is why I sighted as an example that iconic five & dime toy car bin. Who of us can't remember rummageing thru, 1:32 scale Lams, Porcha, Corvetts, & all of what not. They cost about 3 or 4 bucks.....sometimes the doors opened & sometimes not. They were by no means an exact replica, but there was no mistaking they had reproduced these high end sports cars.

The two year thing is most likely a mesure in place that keeps any of the world car companies from organizing a monopoly. Think about it......who was the 1st to invent power steering, antilock braks, keyless remote ect ect. You get two years to market & design & rake in your money & hopefuly establish your self as the "pioneer" of what ever you've invented. (Side note, this also happens with drug companies. Lipitor if I'm not mistaken just lost their paten). So yeah, anti monopoly law set very short time limits on pattens ON CERTAIN THINGS.

Back