Hot Toys - MMS 158 -Sucker Punch: 1/6th scale Amber Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pulled the trigger and ordered Amber from Sideshow.:yess:
I can't wait until they start shipping her!
:impatient:

Congrats! I'm still waiting to see more in hand shots before I make up my mind. Ones that aren't surrounded by fancy backgrounds and lighting. So I can really see what she looks like in hand.

I still think a Blondie HS would be most interesting, since I would like to see how HT's would make Vanessa's Latina or filipino ethnicity look in a figure. Gentle Giant's did well with a statue of Blondie. But I would like to see what they can do as a figure.

Last edited:
I can see the idea behind that. But maybe they should've built the Robot at least with her. Yeah I know, it would boost the cost up more, but if you notice that people are willing to buy the Avatar and the Iron Man Gantry set up, I think it would sell. HT's can definitely make something like that, they made the Alien's Ripley with the Cargo Loader robot.

You'd think if they wanted to do a non blonde figure to offset the BD release they have Blondie and Rocket. Or at least Rocket, there's no way someone can tell me that Rocket wasn't just as or more popular than Amber.

I think HT wanted to tackle the uniqueness of having a known movie Asian hs. I know, this is not their first attempt at asian sculpts, but the other films they have tackled in the Asian genre, are still recognized to the public.

Maybe Enterbay will tackle the whole line of girls from Sucker Punch, since they seem to copy HTs lately.
I've noticed the robot being suggested before - surely it'd be the cockpit section only that would get made (if at all), because that thing is enormous! That's why I'd like to see a little die-cast replica get made by somebody - I'd get that instantly.

Regarding girls other than Amber being made - yeah, I'd have LOVED Blondie.. but what'ya do.. :(

I think she looks great. I especially like her in Luka's pics

542399_367563333296947_765468481_n.jpg

What kind of robot is that?
Name, who makes it?
Links to buy?

I've noticed the robot being suggested before - surely it'd be the cockpit section only that would get made (if at all), because that thing is enormous! That's why I'd like to see a little die-cast replica get made by somebody - I'd get that instantly.

Regarding girls other than Amber being made - yeah, I'd have LOVED Blondie.. but what'ya do.. :(

Same, but If I had a choice for the non blonde angle,Rocket first before Amber.

Why, because she kicked ass in the action scenes! Not taking anything away from Baby or Sweet Pea mind you. Rocket had to be badass with just little weapons to work with, a Flitlock pistol and some knives, sure she had a rifle and stole an orc blade, but if you noticed she beat up the villans pretty bad with just her fists in some of the action sequences, that to me says a lot. :clap

What kind of robot is that?
Name, who makes it?
Links to buy?

A lot of Anime and video game references revolve around robots like that, it does look familiar, I can't think of the name right now. But I have no doubt that is from an Anime possibly Video game idea.There might be some customization involved as well.

Thanks, I thought I saw that somewhere before. For $100 + I think I'll pass, even if I get Amber. :slap

A big Bertie like that for $100 is a bargain. They usually go a bit higher whereas the mini Bertie may go for $100. The difference is naturally the scale / size.

A big Bertie like that for $100 is a bargain. They usually go a bit higher whereas the mini Bertie may go for $100. The difference is naturally the scale / size.

I'm sure it is, but those kind of robots are not my cup of tea, regardless of the size and bargain price.

btw nice signature! :yess:

The eyes looking upwards just look goofy in pics- in hand maybe not so bad.great looking figure overall!

Is it me or is there little hype or excitement over Amber's release?
I just ordered her but if you go back and look,I've been excited over this since they announced it and I still am! You'd have thought I ordered it right from the off.
LOL

Is it me or is there little hype or excitement over Amber's release?
I just ordered her but if you go back and look,I've been excited over this since they announced it and I still am! You'd have thought I ordered it right from the off.
LOL

It's not you. It's just a lot of collector's, myself included, would've preferred Sweet Pea or Rocket before Amber for the next release after BD. Especially since Amber doesn't come with any heavy machinery or robotics as she was portrayed in the film.

If they do decide to do the entire team with Sweet Pea next, you can bet the excitement would increase tenfold! And if somewhere down the line they want to do a BD remake or 2.0 They'll be even more hype.

I just hate that they are not planning to expand the line. :gah:

Like an earlier poster mentioned - it'll be easier to get this great figure cheaper down the track, with so many folks seemingly uninterested. :lol

It's not you. It's just a lot of collector's, myself included, would've preferred Sweet Pea or Rocket before Amber for the next release after BD. Especially since Amber doesn't come with any heavy machinery or robotics as she was portrayed in the film.

If they do decide to do the entire team with Sweet Pea next, you can bet the excitement would increase tenfold! And if somewhere down the line they want to do a BD remake or 2.0 They'll be even more hype.

I'm with you on the last part.
I'm pissed that they can make different variants of Iron Man and Batman and The Joker,but they can't make 3 more girls? I'd kill for a Sweet Pea,Rocket and Blondie.
I know that the other licenses I mentioned are a lot more popular and are Hot Toys bread and butter,but at least as a company look at what your fans want and finish the Sucker Punch line!
Also the idea of making them on a true type body is just insane.
Not a lot of people would even know how to get costumes for them to wear and I'm not skilled with the sewing machine so making my own is out.
LOL!

IMO Amber really looks pretty good in some of these blogger photos:

Luka
403392_10150882293377344_2063626060_n.jpg

Plastic enemies.
250948_10150882286357344_157748594_n.jpg

Last edited:

Me too :mad:

Like an earlier poster mentioned - it'll be easier to get this great figure cheaper down the track, with so many folks seemingly uninterested. :lol

If hot toys takes this lack of interest in Amber as a lack of interest in the line they're stupid as hell. The lack of interest in Amber is because she's not as needed on the shelf as the others they skipped past, also people are waiting to see if they continue the line before buying

I think to be fair - & objective, there's a whole range of tastes & preferences when it comes to the five girls; how many of them folks want, which they prefer etc. I don't think there's a 'consensus' as such, as to who's more important than who.. when you're talking strictly collecting tastes.

I guess even with my earlier comment there too, I wasn't factoring in that there's an overall wider collector base to consider, that may love Amber apart from purely what we're reading on these forums.. but I'm sure that's just common knowledge anyway :)

Another thing is there is no need for us to worry about whether Hot Toys is "losing" money or being "stupid" for not releasing the right characters. I think they are doing pretty well already lol...they are not obligated to make anything. Who knows what their reasons are and theres probably not much meaning to judge or guess whats going on in their minds. At least it seems like most people are happy that they got Babydoll.

Back