Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when ever i work up money i have to get this suit.

also anyone else think the new "Bones" or "skeleton" armor looks very similar to the Mark V?
IronManSkeletonArmor.jpg

can i ask, how do you guys spread this fig's legs this wide?

i tried it but they only go half of this picture shown, and i'm afraid to break it if i force them further

cheers

can i ask, how do you guys spread this fig's legs this wide?

i tried it but they only go half of this picture shown, and i'm afraid to break it if i force them further

cheers

They can come off actually as they are connected by a ball joint.

Out of curiosity, why would you wanna pose your iron man doing splits?

ahh i see so they can come off.

so if i want to do this pose, i have to at least take off some of the parts?

Just be careful though. Those sockets are not designed to be popped in and out. My old Mark 2 had a loose leg and turns out the socket had a crack inside. HT repaired it back then but I never dared to take it apart to see how they did it.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Maybe he wants his Mark V posed like this:

MarkV-8_zps49a81ac2.png
yup , that's the one i want

Just be careful though. Those sockets are not designed to be popped in and out. My old Mark 2 had a loose leg and turns out the socket had a crack inside. HT repaired it back then but I never dared to take it apart to see how they did it.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"
i see, thanks for the advise

cheers guys

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xcL76f_U0[/ame]

Never saw the original Mark V suit till now. At 1:15. It doesn't have that 'Chrome' finish, has that brushed steel/metal look to it. And the other armours look quite glossy (Mark IV, VI, and VII).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xcL76f_U0

Never saw the original Mark V suit till now. At 1:15. It doesn't have that 'Chrome' finish, has that brushed steel/metal look to it. And the other armours look quite glossy (Mark IV, VI, and VII).

The original MKV never existed except as CGI.
Until the HOA scene in IM3, they never made the MKV, MKVI, or MKVII as physical props.

The original MKV never existed except as CGI.
Until the HOA scene in IM3, they never made the MKV, MKVI, or MKVII as physical props.
Mk V may only exist in CGI but I don't think the VI and VII weren't physical props untill IM3. There are a couple of scenes in IM2 and Avengers where you can see Tony is wearing a prop suit less some parts which were added using CGI.

Mk V may only exist in CGI but I don't think the VI and VII weren't physical props untill IM3. There are a couple of scenes in IM2 and Avengers where you can see Tony is wearing a prop suit less some parts which were added using CGI.

The MKVI was designed late in the game for IM2, and RDJ only wore the chest piece as the majority of the design was done for the CG version and added in post. For ALL the IM2 scenes where he wore the arms, it was the MKIV gold topped arms(I know that *technically* those are the same arms the MKVI has but different coloured). Even in Avengers he wore those same prop golden topped MKIV arms when wearing the "full" MKVI(as much as he *could* wear anyway).
He wore the MKVI for ALL the suit scenes in The Avengers so the suit wouldn't be "spoilered" on the net.
Check out the following video and skip to 5m 6s to see him lying on the ground wearing the MKVI(But it will be CG's later in post to be the MKVII as there was no MKVII prop at that point), and then to 5m 16s to see him wearing the MKIV arms with the MKVI chest piece.
As i said before, for IM2, there was a physical MKI, MKII, MKIII and MKIV standing props for the hall of armour, but until IM3, no MKV, MKVI OR MKVII were ever created.
And the first time they ever were seen by the public was at that convention last year where the MK42 was shown and RDJ turned up to wow the crowd. Those were all just props from the IM3 movie which was in post production. They even made a prop for the IP. That was wheeled out a lot for images on set.
I think it's very funny that although only Tony had his suit parked by the kerb(And it was changed to the MKVII post production), that both he AND Rhodey were meant to have parked their suits by the kerb, and that Tony was supposed to have the MK42...(Isn't it great that they can change and entire suit in post production?)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzjRkPxFlp4[/ame]

Verily man of metal, doth thy mother know you weareth no pants? :nana:

It is quite amazing what CGI has done for films over the years and how poorly vfx artists are treated by the industry

i just thought that marvel and ILM are now sister companies maybe relations will improve?

The MKVI was designed late in the game for IM2, and RDJ only wore the chest piece as the majority of the design was done for the CG version and added in post. For ALL the IM2 scenes where he wore the arms, it was the MKIV gold topped arms(I know that *technically* those are the same arms the MKVI has but different coloured). Even in Avengers he wore those same prop golden topped MKIV arms when wearing the "full" MKVI(as much as he *could* wear anyway).
He wore the MKVI for ALL the suit scenes in The Avengers so the suit wouldn't be "spoilered" on the net.
Check out the following video and skip to 5m 6s to see him lying on the ground wearing the MKVI(But it will be CG's later in post to be the MKVII as there was no MKVII prop at that point), and then to 5m 16s to see him wearing the MKIV arms with the MKVI chest piece.
As i said before, for IM2, there was a physical MKI, MKII, MKIII and MKIV standing props for the hall of armour, but until IM3, no MKV, MKVI OR MKVII were ever created.
And the first time they ever were seen by the public was at that convention last year where the MK42 was shown and RDJ turned up to wow the crowd. Those were all just props from the IM3 movie which was in post production. They even made a prop for the IP. That was wheeled out a lot for images on set.
I think it's very funny that although only Tony had his suit parked by the kerb(And it was changed to the MKVII post production), that both he AND Rhodey were meant to have parked their suits by the kerb, and that Tony was supposed to have the MK42...(Isn't it great that they can change and entire suit in post production?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzjRkPxFlp4
Wow! That's a real eye-opener. Thanks man! :hi5:

Quite an amazing thing! Funny that RDJ didn't wear any IM pants during the shoot :)

TA_MKVI_zps21a96ca1.png
King Darkness was here?? :wink1:

Doth mother know, you weareth her drapes?
Haha. Those one-liners; RDJ is Tony Stark for me.

Verily man of metal, doth thy mother know you weareth no pants? :nana:

It is quite amazing what CGI has done for films over the years and how poorly vfx artists are treated by the industry
Yeah, they deserve more

Back