Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I picked this up from a member for $180 last month. I'm surprised the price on this guy rose so much.

to be fair, we are going off ebay prices which are a bit bloated. I say a good 10~15% off ebay prices is a good idea of going (forum) rate.

Yes, but currently a 25% discount code would make that ONLY $300. ;)

And there are forum members selling it in the $225 - $250 range.

to be fair, we are going off ebay prices which are a bit bloated. I say a good 10~15% off ebay prices is a good idea of going (forum) rate.

forum rate? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:

why would i sell a rare item here rather than sell it on ebay for it's fullest potential? this is a discussion forum, not a bargain basement of collectibles. every item i ever sold on ebay that was rare was purchased by the buyer at current value, and they thanked me for doing so.

forum rate? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:

why would i sell a rare item here rather than sell it on ebay for it's fullest potential? this is a discussion forum, not a bargain basement of collectibles. every item i ever sold on ebay that was rare was purchased by the buyer at current value, and they thanked me for doing so.

Generally, Ebay prices are higher than you'd sell to boardies.

I see some figures here on the forum listed below, some at, and some well above what I would consider 'fair rate'. I think in any situation someone will throw a figure out there at a high price just to see if someone is desperate enough to buy it. Why not?

Generally, Ebay prices are higher than you'd sell to boardies.

:slap

should i make some friends real quick so i can discount my stuff 10-15%? that's the only reason i can think of why to sell anything for less than current value determined by an average of the last three like items that sold on Ebay. after all, an item is only worth what someone will pay for it.

should i make some friends real quick so i can discount my stuff 10-15%? that's the only reason i can think of why to sell anything for less than current value determined by an average of the last three like items that sold on Ebay. after all, an item is only worth what someone will pay for it.

No-one is forcing you to sell cheap. It's clear you don't sell to boardies, so what's the issue?

:exactly: Value is always in perspective to the buyer.

I see some figures here on the forum listed below, some at, and some well above what I would consider 'fair rate'. I think in any situation someone will throw a figure out there at a high price just to see if someone is desperate enough to buy it. Why not?

Fair price is only relative to the individual buyers perspective. No one has to be desperate to pay a higher price then what another person thinks is fair. We are all guilty of paying lots of money on what most people would consider to have very little value, if any( High End Collectible Dolls). It is what we want and each of us is willing to pay varied amounts for what we want.

Likewise, and im glad to know a board member got it. I was there as a seller and told myself I wasnt there to buy anything. Still bought a couple tpbs in the end, but resisted stuff like the IM.

My one and only Iron Man figure, the only one I really liked enough to shell out for. I'm hoping out of the Iron Man 3 Hot Toys figure spam there might be another one.

rCdR7x0.jpg

The only way they will redeem this figure is if they remake it as a die-cast with real chromed metal. The silver paint really kills it for me on this figure. I'm tempted to repaint it but as much as these cost I'm terrified of ruining it.

Back