Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MK V is one of my favorite designs next to the MK II and MK III. don't think I'll need any other IM in my collection till they redo the MK III.

I'm so stoked that I finally got one of these, I looooove the look of the Mk V. It's so unique looking. And it's jumped quite a bit in price in the last year.

I'm so stoked that I finally got one of these, I looooove the look of the Mk V. It's so unique looking. And it's jumped quite a bit in price in the last year.

Yeah I remeber this the mk 1 and 2 AU sat at retail for quite a while, now theyre all climbing

This is how the figure should have been painted.

998444_403481816419617_418432288_n.jpg

1001423_403481479752984_1716715211_n.jpg

That's a sweet paint job no doubt. I prefer the clean look for a majority of my IM display though & this figure did not disappoint at all. When displaying the Mark V next to any other armor it holds it's own, and even over shadows a few IMO. Absolutely love the Mark V so I'm a little biased :)

Now that is a sweet paint job. I've done some customizing but I'm not to the point where I'd be comfortable doing something like that to a figure I just paid a little over $200 for.

However.....I did buy a Neca 18" IM for $90. I'm comfortable trashing that one. ;)

Now that is a sweet paint job. I've done some customizing but I'm not to the point where I'd be comfortable doing something like that to a figure I just paid a little over $200 for.

However.....I did buy a Neca 18" IM for $90. I'm comfortable trashing that one. ;)

Practice on any of those wretched DC figures you might have lying around ;) :monkey1

Exactly :) It would really need some heart to trash this figure like this.

MarkV-11_zps7a5f9982.png

HT die cast isn't 100% die cast. The battle damaged parts, hands, headsculpt are all still plastic. I'm pretty sure they'll die cast this, as the v1's silver parts looks inaccurate and grey like plastic.

This is an interesting figure with its own being unique. I just hope the color to be chrome. :)

As for die cast I haven't seen any in hand so I don't know if die cast will be the way in the sense for accuracy and durability of joints. As of feels no doubt die cast will be the right move for robotic figurines.

Just recieved a custom street base made by Barry (Username). I have never got around posing them as they stay mostly in their boxes, but this really called for a photograph. Tried my best to make him look the way he does in this scene. :)

DSCN0892_zps23eee9f9.jpg
MarkV-3_zpsfe7397ba.png

With the HT IM, I always had an issue with the small helmet and the long & thin neckpost (thank God they took care of it with VII). However, with V, I noticed today that the chest girth (around the teres major muscles) of the armour is not big / broad enough. Maybe that's why he looks a bit too skinny.

[/QUOTE]With the HT IM, I always had an issue with the small helmet and the long & thin neckpost (thank God they took care of it with VII). However, with V, I noticed today that the chest girth (around the teres major muscles) of the armour is not big / broad enough. Maybe that's why he looks a bit too skinny.[/QUOTE]

Great pose, but about the girth. I believe all of the Iron Man figures are not bulky enough. They look good as figures no doubt, but if you take in consideration that the heads are too skinny for the body and that the body itself is not broad enough, I think they are all a bit skinny. IMO only the War Machine Mark I comes close to accurate (in certain angles), comparing these figures with the movie I am not convinced a man could fit in one. An Iron Man figure should look like a tank, a metal monster.

Doesn't stop us all from buying them though. :)

Great pose, but about the girth. I believe all of the Iron Man figures are not bulky enough. They look good as figures no doubt, but if you take in consideration that the heads are too skinny for the body and that the body itself is not broad enough, I think they are all a bit skinny. IMO only the War Machine Mark I comes close to accurate (in certain angles), comparing these figures with the movie I am not convinced a man could fit in one. An Iron Man figure should look like a tank, a metal monster.

Doesn't stop us all from buying them though. :)

Yup, that's right. :) But sadly, what options do we have. I find the next wave of IM3 figures to be much bulkier than before, especially Centurion. Looks quite proportionate to me, at least.

Just picked this guy up last week, SO happy to finally add him to my collection.

BUT....he's not very posable is he? Can't turn his head very far. I also noticed how flimsy the wrist flaps are. i can totally see how they could break off easily.

Here is my Mk V with my Mk II which I also picked up in the last few weeks.

969281_10152606210674460_1119498775_n.jpg

Just picked this guy up last week, SO happy to finally add him to my collection.

BUT....he's not very posable is he? Can't turn his head very far. I also noticed how flimsy the wrist flaps are. i can totally see how they could break off easily.

Here is my Mk V with my Mk II which I also picked up in the last few weeks.

969281_10152606210674460_1119498775_n.jpg

I just picked up a still sealed in the box Mark V as well. I had no idea the wrist armor functioned the way it does. I bought a set of repulsor hands and wrist guards from the Mark VII thinking I would use them on the V. Well, the hands work perfectly but now I have no need for the wrist guards. May try to mod the arms using the wrist pegs from another Mark. Still thinking about that one.
After so many iterations of the Iron Man armors, why has it taken HT so long to figure out that he should be able to be posed in the ONE POSE that is the most iconic? Rhetorical question boys, not really looking for an answer.

Anyhoo, the Mark V does look really good in a proper repulsor pose now, as opposed to the "getting ready to get into the repulsor pose."

Back