Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this were Sideshow I might freak out, but I have faith that HT is not going to replace her head on the production figure with one so obviously worse (assuming Watermelon is correct about it being a completely different head). I have this on a deposit-down pre-order.

So relax and go listen to this:

picture.php

At the time I did not even recognise her from Dazed and Confused, let alone know she would have a long career in a scifi/fantasy niche. I just read a favourable review and decided to give a new female artist a chance. If I had known she was a model/actress, I would probably have avoided it like the plague to be honest.

Weekend of July 30th, Hot Toys booth at AniCon 2011. You got any info on that pic? Still looks like the same head to me (using the tucked bangs):

picture.php

Really??? :/

if you meant that is the same figure from neck to down.. then I would say that you're right ..:thud:

alice2nc.jpg

Last edited:
Im not worried about this figure at all,im still keepin it on pre order. No way are some _ _ _ _ _ _ low quality bad lighting pics gonna stop me from getting this. I hold futher judgement till i see in hand pictures. Besides,when has hot toys done us wrong lately? Their sculpting has only improved, CR superman and the new bale sculpt only to name a few,both amazing spot on likenesses!

Very true.. I couldn't imagine Milla being stingy about her likeness, I hear she is a real sweetheart :love:love:love

Actually, she'd have to worry about her likeness, given Lorial paid millions for it. Her face sells their products. So I doubt she'd approve anything less than stellar.

By catcat of Toysdaily taken today. (3 hours ago to be specific)
2011-08-17_17-24-02_560-1.jpg

I dunno, 3hrs ago? Looks remarkably as ____ty quality as the ones we saw yesterday (but the face looks less "smooshed" than yesterday's did. It's more elongated like the original sculpt. But like I said, feel free to jump the gun and cancel. We'll all be more than happy to ridicule you guys for it when she arrives in hand. :wave

Any of you guys ever think the SDCC pictures are of the latest sculpt while that other picture might have been from an earlier prototype??

Any of you guys ever think the SDCC pictures are of the latest sculpt while that other picture might have been from an earlier prototype??

Nope. I think everything we've seen so far is the same sculpt just with the different hair pieces in it. People are just chickenlittling. Even the two latest pics (the suckass ones) look drastically different from one another.

It's not bad lightning, ____ty photography nor photoshop, Hong kong insiders approve that hot toys had changed her headsculpt in a bad way :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I was looking at the picture again and taking into account the bad quality and bad lighting, I think this might just be a slightly different HS and improved in fact. It looks even more like Milla now.

I think a lot of us are too used too the first proto which was 90& Milla. This latest one seems close to 98%

I am 100% sure that the final thing will blow us away.

Looks fine to me. But the head does look like it hasnt been pushed down fully on the ball joint .

Does anybody follow Milla on twitter?

EDIT
Here's what I twitted:

@MillaJovovich can I get a shout out to Hot Toys so they can make the figure of you as Alice more accurate? yfrog.com/h026tzij

And her response:
can't you jst make my doll less cross eyed and "realistic" which always means "cross eyed" and more milla as manga cute?

There ya go HT, from Milla herself...

HotToys claims the figure is approved but Milla has told me on twitter before that she has no involvement with the company and their products.

This is what she said to me about the sculpt when I asked her if she could get her people to get in touch with HotToys to make sure they release a figure that actually looks like her since the new pictures are extremely worrisome compared to the older photos.

@MillaJovovich: @xXdirtydaleXx its just... cross eyed and... looks like my crazy cousin who lives in the attic eating fish heads. is that a good visual?

Back