Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, we get a new pic and it looks like it was taken by the same lousy phone camera. :slap
Can anybody in HK with a decent camera take a pic of the new sculpt please?

Great, we get a new pic and it looks like it was taken by the same lousy phone camera. :slap

:lecture

Yes, please, let's see a decent pic of this new sculpt. Enough of the blurry phone-pics.

Celebrities deny rumours all the time and sometimes to find out it was true. Just because someone said she tweeted she knew nothing about Hot Toys doesn't make it gospel. It was probably an assistant who answered anyways.

I'm the one that asked her about it when they originally announced it so she replied to me on twitter. And Milla is the one that is running her twitter account, she doesn't have an assistant doing it for her.

Is there a decent non-knockoff camera in HK? Seems like everybody takes these ____ty HT pics and send all the threads into fullscale panic. :lol

Nope. I think everything we've seen so far is the same sculpt just with the different hair pieces in it. People are just chickenlittling. Even the two latest pics (the suckass ones) look drastically different from one another.

Definitely you must be kidding or blind :monkey1

It's not just the hair IT'S THE HEADSCULPT ITSELF what is different (look at the damn head shape !) :slap

And man .. How can you say that she looks drastically different in this picture from the previous picture ??? (the suckass ones I meant) :slap

Both lattest pics look the same headsculpt...(I only notice the color of her lips, but it's just the picture and camera) AND DIFFERENT form the SDCC one :lecture

Last edited:
I'm the one that asked her about it when they originally announced it so she replied to me on twitter. And Milla is the one that is running her twitter account, she doesn't have an assistant doing it for her.

And god forbid she would lie to one of her little lambs, oh wait that's Mariah. :rotfl

Last edited:
Definitely you must be kidding or blind :monkey1

It's not just the hair IT'S THE HEADSCULPT ITSELF what is different (look at the damn head shape !) :slap

And man .. How can you say that she looks drastically different from the previous one ??? (the suckass ones I meant) :slap

Both lattest pics look the same headsculpt...(I only notice the color of her lips, but it's just the picture and camera) AND DIFFERENT form the SDCC one :lecture

Then you're blind. Compare the two ____ty pics. The sculpt in the newest looks longer from forehead to jaw. Makes me wonder if the first one was photoshopped:

The older ____ty pic:
alice2nc.jpg

The "3 hours ago" ____ty pic:
2011-08-17_17-24-02_560-1.jpg

You don't see an elongating of the head between the pics? :dunno

Yeah it's true that not all actors see these figures of themselves to approve them. When Breakersrevenge gave Robert Knepper a T-Bag Enterbay figure, Mr Knepper told him it was the first time he knew about it being made. Stallone also seemed to be looking at the Barney Ross figure for the first time in those Hot Toys pictures

Then you're blind. Compare the two ____ty pics. The sculpt in the newest looks longer from forehead to jaw. Makes me wonder if the first one was photoshopped:

The older ____ty pic:
alice2nc.jpg

The "3 hours ago" ____ty pic:
2011-08-17_17-24-02_560-1.jpg

You don't see an elongating of the head between the pics? :dunno

Yes, I can see that, but this is what I call a slight difference caused by the lighting, camera, angle ..(not photoshop)

However this is what I call Drastic difference caused by a different headsculpt: :/

picture.php

Last edited:
Yes, I can see that, but this is what I call a slight difference cause the lighting, camera, angle ..

However this is what I call Drastic difference cause a different headsculpt:

So you're conceding that it's probably the same head in those two pics, but blaming the difference on the lighting, angle and camera. :duh:duh:duh

Hypocrisy rocks! :rock:rock:rock

Last edited:
I'm leaning more into thinking this is the same sculpt. Its just strange that they would display this is an event, then just a week or two later change the sculpt.
I think what happened is we got a nutsack who saw this and thought in-hand, it looked different and took a pic with his crappy phone camera.

I've taken numerous pics of my collection and I'm always amazed that with different settings, A sculpt can have a totally different look based on the settings. Heck, I've taken a pic of one sculpt where one setting, the sculpt looked like it has a smile. Then I changed the setting and used a flash and the same sculpt now had an angry look.

Until we get someone with a proper camera, I'm reserving judgment.

Yawn... Flexpay says it isn't due until December. It's friggin Hot Toys. They'll make it right in the end. Only thing that can derail it now is HT not actually having permission to use the likeness and Milla finding out through Twitter and axing the entire headsculpt completely. :panic:

Lol, that said... I wonder which celebrity actors, if any, collect HT.

Yawn... Flexpay says it isn't due until December. It's friggin Hot Toys. They'll make it right in the end. Only thing that can derail it now is HT not actually having permission to use the likeness and Milla finding out through Twitter and axing the entire headsculpt completely. :panic:

Lol, that said... I wonder which celebrity actors, if any, collect HT.

Stallone--Hot-Toys-Barney-Ross-collectible-figure-4_1286454623.jpg

So you're conceding that they look like different heads but blaming it on the lighting, angle and camera. :duh:duh:duh

Hypocrisy rocks! :rock:rock:rock

Hypocrisy ???:slap

Please .don't screw things up in your favor..

What I was trying to say (again) :

The 2 lattest (suckest ones) pictures look the same, because I am able to distinguish when it may be due to lighting, angle, camera (slight differences) from a different headsculpt like the SDCC pictures or protos (DRASTIC difference)

The lighting does'nt change and distorts so drastically the shape man :/)

And again...I am not one of those who said that superman, Bale, Indi's headsculpt or whatever were different cause a different headsculpt at SDCC pictures ..in fact, always said (and support) that it was because of the lighting ,camera, quality angle shot or even better paint apps :lecture

Last edited:
Hypocrisy ???:slap

Please .don't screw things up in your favor..

What I was trying to say : (again)
The 2 lattest (suckest ones) pictures look the same, because I am able to distinguish when it may be due to lighting, angle, camera (slight differences) from a different headsculpt like the SDCC pictures or protos (DRASTIC difference)

The lighting does'nt change and distorts so drastically the shape man :/)

And again...I am not of those who said that superman, Bale, Indi's headsculpt were different cause a different headsculpt at SDCC pictures ..in fact, always said (and support) that it was because of the lighting ,camera, angle shot :lecture

Apparently it does. The first ____ty pic looks more round. The second, more elongated. Isn't that "the shape?" The last good shots we had of this were less than two weeks ago, at AniCon. Until we see something that quality, and not something that looks like it was taken in a dark, foggy alley, on a phone, wouldn't common sense tell you to apply the same logic here? :huh

Again, this is verbatum the same ____ that happened in the Superman thread when some idiot posted a phone pic of the figure in the window. VERBATUM! And then low and behold, same head at SDCC and everybody's raving about it, including the idiot who posted the chicken little pic, fronting like it never happened.

Again, this is verbatum the same ____ that happened in the Superman thread when some idiot posted a phone pic of the figure in the window. VERBATUM! And then low and behold, same head at SDCC and everybody's raving about it, including the idiot who posted the chicken little pic, fronting like it never happened.[/QUOTE]

I posted the Chicken Little video because of all the moaning about this being a different sculpt base on one bad blurry photo. Meaning those b#@%$ing about it were like Chicken Little. What that has to do with Superman, I don't know. I was at the SDCC and thought Superman looked great and never said different. :cuckoo:

Back