Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My god, i couldn't have said it better myself, right down to the Public Enemies statement. Now THAT was a movie. A real FILM. I can't see how it went over so many people's heads, particularly in the US box office. And ditto i'd be all over PE figures like a fat kid on a cupcake. Depp Dilinger and Bale Melvin if only.

Thank you! :duff

I totally understand your POV, this movie is indeed a tad overrated.I actually think True Romance, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction was better..Basterds is still a good movie but, it has no legs after the first 3/4 of the movie, it kind of sucks at that point.

Thank you too! :duff

Biggest let down of the movie, not enough Nazi killings from these supposedly feared Basterds.

Bear Jew was the dumb character as well, Eli Roth was the weakest actor in the movie, and is it just me or did i see him wearing eyeliner in this one? or is that how he looks all the time?.

Exactly! And Thanks again. :duff

You want a second sculpt? I say grab Alex's!

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69057

Here's some quick photoshop manipulation and comparison to show what it might look like painted up. For me, the wild hair and the squinty face SCREAMS Aldo Raine!

4294950813_5a1127fb5e_o.jpg

Indiana, that is a great photoshop work, thanks!!

About the comparison, mmmm,,, I think Kojun is one of the best sculptors I have seen on this scale, or,,, the best? I hope some day to compare my work with his work,,, but not yet.
I can only say after seeing the result of Pitt / HT is that I have learned some new things.

Alex.

This has been mentioned before - this is not a thread to bash the movie. It doesn't add anything to this thread. This is about the Aldo Raine Hot Toys figure.

i am looking forward to this. it looks like brad pitt. but something is off with it..i usually never say this about a figure.but i know it's early. maybe just the paint application.

I think the whole presentation of the figure is solid. Sculpt isn't the most representative of Aldo, but maybe that's a licensing or merchandising issue (they thought they could sell more if it looked more like Pitt, less like Aldo?). This is still a great sculpt, and I believe it does capture Aldo in certain parts of the movie. Outfit, accessories look great.

As for the movie itself, I'm not sure I understand the "too much dialogue, not enough Nazi killing" critique. I didn't go to the movie to see Nazis get killed, I went because I thought QT would deliver an original and entertaining piece of film. In this particular film, he focused a lot on dialogue, which went with the whole quirky semi-historical point of the movie. The movie was never meant to be a blockbuster with loud bangs and whatnot; it was intended to be funny for focusing on the outlandish personalities and the prolonged dialogue focusing on trivialities. Where other WWII movies have focused on emotions and deep moral questions, QT gave us something completely original in the genre: a movie that dwells on the absurd and the mundane. Perhaps the biggest point of his movie is this: Is it so unexpected that a group of people should begin a completely absurd war when the average person is also completely absurd in a number of different ways? Maybe war happens when all the absurdities line up just right into a gigantic hostile mess. Combine that with his strange characters, bizarre revenge fantasy, and a historically inaccurate portrayal of WWII, and you have a pretty compelling artistic statement.

As for whether IB is better than PF, I can't really say. PF had time to its advantage: it established QT's unique perspective 15 years ago. Though it may be more appropriate to compare someone like Scorsese to the Beatles (rather than QT), I think you could make an argument that PF is QT's Sgt. Pepper's and IB his White Album. Both are awesome, but the timing of one, its precedence, just drives home its artistic importance.

Oh, and I'm 24.

It seems this is a Hot Toys version of Sideshow's Jedi Luke. The sculpt obviously looks like him but the expression is weird and uninteresting.

Even though it looks like Pitt, i didn't even see him with that kind of look, anywhere.

Back