Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

HE'S THE FOOT F___KING MASTER!!!

He even got his fetish into basterds with the whole "if the shoe fits" scene.

I saw him on Conan talking about that scene and how he chokes Diane Kruger and how those are actually Quentins real hands choking her. He's nuts. :lol

Did someone say Public Enemies is better then this? Jesus, that movie blew so much.

Why does Michael Mann continue to film his movies with an 800 best buy camera?

Public Enemies was ok, but not better then this. I still have hopes this will take best picture. And Christoph Waltz is a lock for supporting actor. I don't think PE was even nominated for anything was it?

Michael Mann was going for a different look (if that makes sense) the film was anything but crappy imo. The acting was fantastic. Was it a better film than IB? No.

The look ruined it for me. I cant stand digital film.

It did have good acting. But eh...i'm a picky filmgoer. :D

ALDO.jpg

Did someone say Public Enemies is better then this? Jesus, that movie blew so much.

Why does Michael Mann continue to film his movies with an 800 best buy camera?

Lol...I didn't want to say anything, but I didn't like that movie much either. Anything with Channing Tatum=crap.

I'm not keen on the way Mann uses those cameras either , it takes me out of what should feel like a movie. When he can produce something like Heat and Collateral too I'm surprised he does it. He obviously doesn't see it the same way.
I've had public enemies here for a while but haven't watched it yet.

How much do people think this figure might cost then ?.

Okay, well a couple of you guys just lost all credibility for me.

Tatum is shot down in the same scene he appears in, 10 minutes into the film, and has one whole line. That hardly seems fit to ruin an entire movie if you ask me. That annoying ass Nation's Pride 'actor' that DOES NOT GO AWAY from the entire second and third acts of IB however, made the film nearly unwatchable. He reminded me of the jackass older brother from Step Brothers. In fact, I was wondering if it was the same guy, doing the same performance.

And there is nothing wrong with Mann's camera work. He could take QT to school. Listen to a commentary from each filmmaker. The sheer level of thought and design put into each of Mann's films, characters, scenes, and arks is just staggering, where as Tarintino seems to have less values to share and rests on his popular image. Again, I'm a fan of both filmmakers, but back me up into a corner, and Pulp Fiction is no match for Heat, just as IB is none for PE.

And the digital stock, is just a stylistic choice. Might not be for everyone, but I rather enjoy his bold attempts to show me a film that looks different, and sets it apart from the pack. Again, a choice, kind of like IB's lead barely being in this snooze fest, or the whole plot revolving around something different every five scenes until it just ends on the only satisying moment since the last time we saw Pitt being a Basterd, which was about two hours ago at the front of the film.

Differing opinions are fine, but some of you are starting to get a little playground for me.

I'm about done with this ignorant thread. The figure is weak anyway.

Last edited:
I wasn't thoroughly impressed by the one teaser pic but now I think this is just about perfect. I think that is an Aldo Raine expression. Great likeness and I don't believe it was ever in doubt that the execution of the clothes and gear would be incredible.

Unfortunately I just don't think I can justify buying a figure such as this outside of the norms of my collecting patterns. I'd love if I could but despite my best efforts I didn't win the lotto (hey I reckon by not playing it I have just about as much chance as anybody!!:lol). I collect sci-fi/fantasy figures and this doesn't fall into that category.

Because, although close, it isn't quite Nazi Germany in here yet. Some folks still seem to have interesting thoughts to share in a constructive manner.

Last edited:
Back