Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see tons of threads about films i don't like and figures I have zero interest in buying, guess what? i don't post in those threads. it's a simple rule i wish people would follow.

I see where you're coming from, but you're wrong.
It's not a rule, it's a preference. This is an internet forum for sharing, discussion, and debate, all revolving around individual opinions and ideals. There is absolutely nothing wrong with voicing my opinion as long as it's done in a moderately constructive and respectful manner, which I have. I didn't personally disrespect any one of my fellow freaks.
Look at the Alien Big Chap thread, there's just pages and pages of hate worse than anything I've voiced about Basterds in here. I just happen to be the dark horse in this particular thread, so I'm naturally going to get attacked from every angle.

However, one or two folks in here aren't following the pack and even agree with me, so I'm not alone.

Anyway. Don't like this overrated movie, for reasons stated. Loved Public Enemies for reasons stated. Mediocore figure, easy pass me for, but I am interested in what others think of it. :peace

Last edited:
okay state your opinion and move on, I, like many others loved IB. this is a toy board and even more specific a topic about a toy, not the movie. By talking about the film you're derailing the thread, talk about the film in the thread for the film. If you don't like the figure then thats fine to voice here.

If sideshow is distributing outside of asia,I'm willing to bet that the iconic "smirk" is the exclusive.

I meant HT will probably add that "iconic" head sculpt in standard, not as an Exclusive. Has HT ever offered up a second head sculpt as a Toy Hunter's/SSC Exclusive!?

okay state your opinion and move on, I, like many others loved IB. this is a toy board and even more specific a topic about a toy, not the movie. By talking about the film you're derailing the thread, talk about the film in the thread for the film. If you don't like the figure then thats fine to voice here.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I agree. I admit, I may have gone a little overboard on the film debate. I am passionate about these films. My feelings towards the source material, in this case a lackluster film, affect my feelings towards the figure. So there is some topical relevance. I need some sort of an investment in the movie to buy the figure.
I've been prepared to move on from this tiff for about four or five posts now. Perhaps the other participating parties could do the same.

So you came back. Good. I hate when people start ____, and then leave whilst insulting everyone. Either stay on the ship you burnt....or be called a coward...

I dont get that anaology either.

You guys are almost as bad as hardcore Avatar fans.

:lol

Cool figure. I'm betting somehow Tarantino will discover this and wish for HT to make a figure of him, complete with director's chair.

This figure looks amazing day 1 pre-order for me.Also,I agree with devil and am surprised that nobody thought this.If sideshow is distributing outside of asia,I'm willing to bet that the iconic "smirk" is the exclusive.

Maybe they include the half eaten breadroll sandwich, he's eating when Donny beats up the German who wants to die for his country, as an exclusive? :lol

I noticed that under every pic the phrase:

"Final product may be slightly different from the pictured prototype"

I'm not sure if this is printed everytime; but what I found remarkable was the "slightly" in this phrase...

I figured they might have 2 headsculpts that are very similar to eachother. This one, approved, and maybe a second one, about the same but with a closed mouth which is unapproved.

So maybe when they get approval of that sculpt, they will give the figure that.

In a way it makes sense to show this one first because, if the other one with the closed mouth is better, and they would have showed us that, but don't get approval to make it and switch to the head he has now, everybody would be really complaining...

I don't know.. it's just something I thought of yesterday...

Maybe it can also mean that the slight change is the inclusion of a second Headsculpt :dunno :D

Cool figure. I'm betting somehow Tarantino will discover this and wish for HT to make a figure of him, complete with director's chair.

:rotfl probably! i sometimes forget that the people these figures are of do have a chance to see them. bet QT would ask to be on a muscle body. and he'll approve the sculpt only if they make him look like a god. egomaniacal nutbar.

one things for sure. if this comes out really well, he might even himself PUSH for pulp fiction figs or the bride etc. i can imagine it's something he'd like.

Pics from Toy Hunters display

17455_276807462824_171015147824_3432143_5059721_n.jpg

17455_276807477824_171015147824_3432144_1883544_n.jpg

17455_276807502824_171015147824_3432145_6856781_n.jpg

Back