Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to say I am still dissapointed with the expression... its just not right for this character; or at least a fun representation of him. But, still a great film and overall top-notch figure.

So, I'll order him... but if anyone wants to start up a 2nd head petition I will certainly sign up :lecture

4b12641391534b593b910e2f1.jpg
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1ouP7DUDkSM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1ouP7DUDkSM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
5b12641391534b593b9110231.jpg

got to agree with wofford guys! i just dont remember Aldo looking like that that at all in the movie. I just remember him gurning all the way through it. Thats the only look for me, gear is amazing but i think HT have messed up here personally. Yeah its a great Pitt sculpt but it aint no Aldo

I'm sure if we make enough noise about the expression there's a good chance Hot Toys will do what they did with Leonidas (SPARTAAAA expression headsculpt added)

I think Kojun did an amazing job on the likeness, its simply 100% Pitt. Could they have picked a better expression? Yes, absoloutely. It makes no sense to choose such an expression. Still, what a beautiful figure overall!

Bravo Hot Toys!

I think it may be pushing it calling Pulp Fiction an action movie. I'm a big enough boy to prefer dramatic tension over explosions, so that isn't the issue. I just felt Basterds was dull, overlong, and filled to the brim with unnecessary dialogue, even for a QT film. Most of said dialogue had no payoff anyway. But worse than dull, the film led me into seeing it under false pretenses.The title, synopsis, and origins of the film all promise something that isn't even there. Explain to me why in a 2 1/2 hour movie, there is roghly 30 minutes of our lead character and his men, and nearly all of which is extremely forgettable in the shadow of the film's superior antagonist. What we saw of Pitt was hilarious, but he was sadly wasted in the film as it stands. That is poor screenwriting, followed by poor execution. QT needs an editor, badly. There was maybe an hour and a half of good movie here, the rest was funny and mild entertainment at best.

Now, if this film were called "The Jew Hunter," I'd have no opposition here, but it's called "Inglorious Basterds." This is a remake of a film of nearly the same title, and from what was originally promised, a hard boiled Tarintino version of "The Dirty Dozen." That being one of my favorite films, and QT being a favorite filmmaker of mine, I was excited, alas this movie has nothing Dirty Dozenish about it at all. I see why you guys liked it, and it was not without it's great moments, but overall not a top of the year contender, by any stretch of the imagination. I do however agree that the film's baddie was phenominal and is deserving of every award he gets for the part. Otherwise, color me dissapointed in this piece.

If you want to talk perfectly written, directed, and acted drama for 2009... this movie was significantly overshadowed by Michael Mann's superior Public Enemies IMO. Now those are figures I'd be all over.

My god, i couldn't have said it better myself, right down to the Public Enemies statement. Now THAT was a movie. A real FILM. I can't see how it went over so many people's heads, particularly in the US box office. And ditto i'd be all over PE figures like a fat kid on a cupcake. Depp Dilinger and Bale Melvin if only.

Btw, Re the figure, a few things.
Looks pretty good, but as sure as i'm sitting here, something is just off with it, i can't put my finger on it. Needs more overbite and less godfather jaw imho. Should have been a Yulli sculpt IMHO.
2ndly, how come all the pictures are shot from the bottom, underneath perspective? There's nary a shot that's from a more top-ic angle, are they trying to hide something?
Lastly, this will make GREAT kitbashes for those wanting to just get the head and do up a dress jacket Aldo, both cinema tux and his OD service woolen jacket setup. With all the WWII stuff around, will be easy to get it authentic and looking how it should have come with it. Also, that's a nice looking MP40 from those pics!

''Agree with you. If you aren't a fan of the movie I really don't see why people decide to troll the figure threads.''
You just said it. The FIGURE threads. People are fans of FIGURES regardless, and want to see current products. It is a collectible forum after all, not a movie forum

This sculpt reminds me of the complaints about the Jedi Luke... excellent likeness, but not an expression most would associate with the character. I think I would be better with it if he even had a hint of confidence or determination.

I'm hoping that they'll include a second sculpt like they did with Leonidas.

I'm gonna guess that is not happening since these are the specs.

EDIT didn't realize the changed the specs on Leonidas... that does give me hope for a 2nd sculpt.

Back