Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16b12641391534b593b91259f6.jpg

17b12641391534b593b9127937.jpg

Well, that's a lot of stuff for one figure, even if it only comes with one head sculpt.
The likeness is outstanding, and I think basterds fans should be more than happy with this. It was either this or nothing at the end of the day.
Great job Hot Toys he looks awesome

Isn't doing much for me. Easy pass.

Why again is everyone all up in arms over this movie? I mean, it was good, but far from QT's best work. It wouldn't even make my top films of the year.

Hot Toys, give me Jules and Vincent and then we'll talk.

Wonder how he looks like with the hat on, or if it fits at all with the hair? Don't care, as the hair was important to me and it looks great.

Hope the blue of the peacoat ismore muted on release, looks too vibrant.

Isn't doing much for me. Easy pass.

Why again is everyone all up in arms over this movie? I mean, it was good, but far from QT's best work. It wouldn't even make my top films of the year.

Hot Toys, give me Jules and Vincent and then we'll talk.

I disagree, it isn't action packed which is what Quentin has become known for, but IMO this is his best/well written film so far.

Pulp Fiction is my favorite QT and where he really established himself, and Reservoir Dogs is also great, I even like Death Proof. Really like it. But I feel, as does Quentin, that he really upped his game for this film. I suppose it depends if you watch a movie for the action pacing, or for overall, how it's composed, written, acted, etc. And it didn't take as skilled a cast as PF, most of these actors were virtually unknown and they carried the film. Impressive to say the least.

"I think this just might be my masterpiece."

I disagree, it isn't action packed which is what Quentin has become known for, but IMO this is his best/well written film so far.

Pulp Fiction is my favorite QT and where he really established himself, and Reservoir Dogs is also great, I even like Death Proof. Really like it. But I feel, as does Quentin, that he really upped his game for this film. I suppose it depends if you watch a movie for the action pacing, or for overall, how it's composed, written, acted, etc. And it didn't take as skilled a cast as PF, most of these actors were virtually unknown and they carried the film. Impressive to say the least.

"I think this just might be my masterpiece."

I think it may be pushing it calling Pulp Fiction an action movie. I'm a big enough boy to prefer dramatic tension over explosions, so that isn't the issue. I just felt Basterds was dull, overlong, and filled to the brim with unnecessary dialogue, even for a QT film. Most of said dialogue had no payoff anyway. But worse than dull, the film led me into seeing it under false pretenses.The title, synopsis, and origins of the film all promise something that isn't even there. Explain to me why in a 2 1/2 hour movie, there is roghly 30 minutes of our lead character and his men, and nearly all of which is extremely forgettable in the shadow of the film's superior antagonist. What we saw of Pitt was hilarious, but he was sadly wasted in the film as it stands. That is poor screenwriting, followed by poor execution. QT needs an editor, badly. There was maybe an hour and a half of good movie here, the rest was funny and mild entertainment at best.

Now, if this film were called "The Jew Hunter," I'd have no opposition here, but it's called "Inglorious Basterds." This is a remake of a film of nearly the same title, and from what was originally promised, a hard boiled Tarintino version of "The Dirty Dozen." That being one of my favorite films, and QT being a favorite filmmaker of mine, I was excited, alas this movie has nothing Dirty Dozenish about it at all. I see why you guys liked it, and it was not without it's great moments, but overall not a top of the year contender, by any stretch of the imagination. I do however agree that the film's baddie was phenominal and is deserving of every award he gets for the part. Otherwise, color me dissapointed in this piece.

If you want to talk perfectly written, directed, and acted drama for 2009... this movie was significantly overshadowed by Michael Mann's superior Public Enemies IMO. Now those are figures I'd be all over.

Back