Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is still a definite buy for me. Happily keeping my preorder.

Anyone think the pics are bad because of the way the scarf is. In all the pics we loved of him his scar was clearly showing. I think maybe his coat and scarf need to be adjusted and then maybe his head won't look small.

My thoughts exactly! That was the first thing I noticed in these pics. The scarf should be a bit looser and way down. These are pics where the fig literally just got out of the box. The maker didn't even put the knife or anything on his belt.

I reckon that with some adjusting this fig will look a whole lot better.

This figure is still a definite buy for me. Happily keeping my preorder.

:lecture Definitely!!

I honestly don't see all the hatred towards this figure right now. Sure, I would've liked to see the smirking sculpt like it is on the box, but this is great too and I still find it to be an awesome job by HT! :rock

^
^ Damn straight! Needs some good futzing. Still confident this will look great in hand. If not, I will just commission a new head.

Also...

The scarf is different here because here you can clearly see the inner jacket, or vest or whatever and the scarf is being wrapped around that too, instead of only the neck:

1fv4m4-560x420.jpg

aldo is out
29urlty.jpg

wow. i wasn't even considering this one but it looks really good. is a bit broad at the shoulders/chest. maybe a switch to narrow or slim body (unless it's already on one lol).
don't like those solid bootfeet type thing HT sometimes uses. don't supposed i'd be lucky enough that these are soft pleather boots or somehow have any ankle articulation?

Why would they make a superior second sculpt, make it public and then use the first sculpt? Is this launch final?

I still may get this i mean ..he is a bad-ass character ..and i would like him in my collection ..the accessories and his attire are both very cool 2.

There has to be better pics out of this by now.

So far, these two-three pics are taken in crappy light and don't do the figure justice i think.

I'm happy with His expression, cause i want a Brad Pitt figure and not the aldo character. That was the reason why preordered the figure.

If you read the Howard Chan interview, he mentions that while HT does do proto sculpts with a lot more expression, the rights holders/licensors often reject these sculpts in favor of more subdued expressions. blame Pitt and his representatives!

Looks fantastic. Pretty quick turnaround too. I guess this means no Landa though - it's rare that one figure comes out before any others are announced if there will be others.

I'm happy with His expression, cause i want a Brad Pitt figure and not the aldo character. That was the reason why preordered the figure.

well then you must want pic with a look on his face like angelina wants another 10 kids and his pet dog got hit by a car and died 5 minutes ago.because thats the expression he has.

Back