Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t-800_2_1.jpg

***Thooop!***

I like. A pose a may go for on my eventual non-BD Cyberdyne figure.

Thanks! It would have been even cooler with PERS (If you could move each eye individually, which you cant with PERS) so you can make him look at the M79 like in the reference photo I used.

Last edited:
Thanks! It would have been even cooler with PERS (If you could move each eye individually, witch you cant with PERS) so you can make him look at the M79 like in the reference photo I used.

I agree, the T-800 and T-1000 would have been ideally suited for PERS provided they didn't make them too wide-eyed like DX Batman. I suppose Hot Toys reckoned (correctly) that they already had guaranteed sellers on their hands without the need to make them DX with PERS whereas with Joker and Batman they had to add certain extra incentives since there had just recently been basic MMS figures of those characters.

True, but normal PERS wont do, since hes focusing close.

I agree, the T-800 and T-1000 would have been ideally suited for PERS provided they didn't make them too wide-eyed like DX Batman. I suppose Hot Toys reckoned (correctly) that they already had guaranteed sellers on their hands without the need to make them DX with PERS whereas with Joker and Batman they had to add certain extra incentives since there had just recently been basic MMS figures of those characters.

Oh thats right, somehow I missed that part of your post. Has there ever been a PERS figure (from Enterbay perhaps) that you could move the eyes individually?

Oh thats right, somehow I missed that part of your post. Has there ever been a PERS figure (from Enterbay perhaps) that you could move the eyes individually?

HT figures are the only PERS that I'm aware of, the Parellel part means both eyes together. Other companies have posable eyes but each eye is independent, HT went the extra step to make it easier for collectors to keep the eyes looking in the same direction.

HT figures are the only PERS that I'm aware of, the Parellel part means both eyes together. Other companies have posable eyes but each eye is independent, HT went the extra step to make it easier for collectors to keep the eyes looking in the same direction.

Ah, again another of my blonde moments. I was forgetting what PERS stood for.

It might, but at the same time, I think that would help add to the worn look of it, so I'm not sure it's really a negative.

Question, can the jacket get permanent wrinkles to it?

In the pose above the arm holding the grenade stresses the jacket a bit, is it safe?

If anything it will make small creases at the elbow, which will only make it look more realistic.

Does anyone know where I can get the Bag that the ammo belt from the mini-gun goes in and what HT gloves go best with that seen, I purchased a mini-gun and the M-79 grenade launcher with bandoleer and I want to complete the look.

I've got an extra T-800 body from T-2 (on another figure right now) , should I save it for the extra head that comes with the tech-noir terminator or wait for Hot Toys to make a BD (Black jacket) terminator? I know I'll have to almost buy a second set of clothes.

Same thing goes for the T-2 Terminator I see others buying custom pieces (gernade launcher/Gatling gun) to build a Cyberdine Terminator, should I wait (for Hot Toys) or start buying?

I've got an extra T-800 body from T-2 (on another figure right now) , should I save it for the extra head that comes with the tech-noir terminator or wait for Hot Toys to make a BD (Black jacket) terminator? I know I'll have to almost buy a second set of clothes.

Same thing goes for the T-2 Terminator I see others buying custom pieces (gernade launcher/Gatling gun) to build a Cyberdine Terminator, should I wait (for Hot Toys) or start buying?

So the choice is between buying extra Tech Noir clothes or extra Police shootout clothes to use on this extra body? Which T1 outfit is more important to you? Do you want to take full advantage of the everything the Tech noir figure offers or what we can assume the Biker version will offer with the BD head and the Gargoyle sunglasses head? I'd say the latter, you'll want to display both of those 2 heads, thus wait to buy the spare parts & clothes you'll need from that figure.

as for T2 I'm buying a bandolier and M79 because I don't see HT making a seperate Cyberdyne T-800 or providing us with the all the parts we'd need to equip our MM117s with the BD figure.

Back