Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame they haven't developed a new more articulated muscle body for Sarah in the same vein as the T-800. Looks like they went with the Sheva body.

Well at least it looks like a real thin rubber coating. I'd assume the articulation should be easy to maneuver. I hope so anyway.

Could just be the rig she's wearing, the but the chest on her seems smaller than HT's newest female bodies, but the skin looks like it might be textured like the T-800 and Wolverine bodies, so maybe she's something all new, but, they still need to be somewhat standardized, like Wolverine, so that's why the arms aren't jacked like Linda's, they'll use this body for other figures, if it is indeed something new and not already reused from another figure.

I think Sarah is one of the most interesting characters of Terminator, but i would prefer a T1 version instead. Do you guys think i should take my chances and wait for a t1 version or get this version?

I think Sarah is one of the most interesting characters of Terminator, but i would prefer a T1 version instead. Do you guys think i should take my chances and wait for a t1 version or get this version?

I would say that even if they get a T1 license I would doubt they'd make a 2nd Sarah. Get this one. She will come stocked whereas if they did a T1 Sarah she'd come wearing basic street clothes.

If you only care about the T1 version, then I would just get that if they make it or just not get a Sarah, seems silly to me to spend money on a figure you're not enthused about just because it might be the only one made of a character.

If you only care about the T1 version, then I would just get that if they make it or just not get a Sarah, seems silly to me to spend money on a figure you're not enthused about just because it might be the only one made of a character.

Well a T2 is better then nothing sincr i really like sarah. If a HT releases a t1 i can always sel it.

Well there's your answer, if you really want Sarah in your collection that much, get the T2 one and unload it if T1 gets made.

I'm not sure how likely a T1 Sarah is. T2 Sarah is loaded with weapons and comabt gear and Has selling power not just as herself but even parts to make other figures from, T1 is just an 80's girl, so it then caters more to the really die hard Terminator fans. Also, with T1 there are no likeness rights, if we're lucky, they'll pursue rights with Arnie's people to make T-800s, if we're really lucky, they'll pursue rights for Biehn's likeness, but I'm not sure they'll go that far to give us a Sarah from T1.

If Neca reveal T1 figures at Toy Fair do you think that will reflect the chances of Hot Toys having (got) the licence? I mean, Neca released T2 figures, now HT are doing them. If Neca reveal some T1 figures, HT might do them. I guess what i'm trying to say is, maybe both companies acquired the licences at the same time?? And are both releasing figures at roughly the same time. Just a thought.

Well Hot Toys didn't get the T2 license through traditional means. I'm pretty sure Sideshow still holds it and they made an arrangement to produce figures. I don't know the legals of how that works, but I think it's why the photos list Sideshow on them, because of being a license holder.

T2's 20th Anniversary is 2011, NECA probably just wanted to do T2 figures and between the anniversary coming and Salvation's release, you couldn't ask for a better time, and Hot Toys just made quite a bit off of Salvation and I think it was natural that they'd move onto the other movies, they did it with Aliens and Predator and it paid off.

If NECA unveils T1 figure with Arnie's likeness, then I'd say there's a good chance of HT doing it. If NECA does T1 figures with generic faces, then I'd say it's just a wait and see with Hot Toys.

I just never know what to expect HT will think or do when it comes to movies where the likeness rights aren't covered with the film licenses and require the extra effort to get rights. P1 didn't have them and they got Dutch but not Billy and haven't made any other characters from it. I just hope if they do T1, they go for Biehn's likeness too, I really want a Reese.

Well there's your answer, if you really want Sarah in your collection that much, get the T2 one and unload it if T1 gets made.

I'm not sure how likely a T1 Sarah is. T2 Sarah is loaded with weapons and comabt gear and Has selling power not just as herself but even parts to make other figures from, T1 is just an 80's girl, so it then caters more to the really die hard Terminator fans. Also, with T1 there are no likeness rights, if we're lucky, they'll pursue rights with Arnie's people to make T-800s, if we're really lucky, they'll pursue rights for Biehn's likeness, but I'm not sure they'll go that far to give us a Sarah from T1.

I've always seen Linda And Arnold as the true stars of T1, to me a Connor figure is more likely then a Reese figure. But maybe im not a true representaion of a T1 fan.

Anyway, the HT likeness is stunning, and a must buy!

Back