Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to stay away from these Hot Toys threads. I'm supposed to be better at my collectibles spending this year. :banghead

Hot Toys and their damn DX line... it's made all of us on edge about getting figures anymore...

1. Get it and have the risk of it being rendered obsolete by DX
2. Don't get it and risk it selling out without a DX follow-up.

The stresses in life... to DX or not DX!!

Agreed, if the DX, I see it as happening because they feel putting a lot into one package is more worth their while than a little into a couple, not that they'll improve upon any pre-existing piece.

Could be DX T-1000 too, throw in both Biker and patrolman costumes, clean head, eye shot head, split head, hook arms, and walla, T-1000 wrapped up in one set plus ordering a spare TT to wear the extra gear.

If handled right, this "line" could be the first demonstration of properly using and mixing MMS with MMSDX like we all hoped and expected when the DX line started and HT's yet to demonstrate.

I sure as hell hope so. No doubts here.

Maulfan's DX Dream Pack is absolutely want I want.

But I think it might be too good to be true.

Why even release this figure as is then? To give collectors the correct pool cue and shot gun? It's not even the right t-shirt. There's no point for this version if you're gonna get a clean sculpt in the DX Battle Pack along with everything else here. Only if this will be the only 'clean outfit' version as well.

Lesson's learned from HT over the years:

Break up what could be one ultimate figure into as many separate figures as possible.

Always offer something better next.

So the question is: will the next Terminator be MMS BD version or a DX BD version? I see no point in doing both, and there's no way to offer them all and still deliver a DX unless they retread.

A two-in-one Biker/Cop T-1000 is more than likely though. Best way to sell that figure. Basically DX him like Two-Face.

Also, I said it before and i'll say it again. When it comes to this license Hot Toys can release 10-12 versions of just Arnold, slap me in the face with a leather glove and i'd still say thank you. :D

The more I look at and enjoy this figure, the more I see myself having 1/6 figures mirroring my NECA set, at least in numbers.

I want figures just like this.

neca39845.jpg

I want the one we're getting but with black T-shirt, and I want one like this, arms still in tact, few extra grenades still on the bandolier, with the semi BD head.

arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-2.jpg

Cheesy, but I love the Hasta La Vista moment and I'd want a figure looking like that.

Basically, to get every representation of Arnie, you'd need HT to replicate what neca have done with their versions, right?

Whether that's in 2 new figures or 1 DX, who knows.

100% agreed Sean. I don't wanna make them, I want HT's too, so i'm on board for any of them! :banana

I have a feeling at least the Hasta La Vista one may require buying a spare figure and slapping various parts together, unfortunately. I think HT will at least in some way or another provide all the necessary pieces so you won't have to scour eBay or whatever hoping someone made the parts, HT will make them all I think, just how you get them in your posession will be tricky.

Basically, to get every representation of Arnie, you'd need HT to replicate what neca have done with their versions, right?

Whether that's in 2 new figures or 1 DX, who knows.

Actually, NECA is missing 1 look of Arnie's from T2, the Hasta La Vista look. They packed a head for it in with their BD figure, but he needs a whole left arm for the look, NECA didn't make it, some people have customized it though.

If you really want to go crazy, I can think of 6 figure displays you could do for T2 Arnie.

1- Biker (black t and shades)
2- Desert (grey t)
3- Endo Arm reveal
4- Cyberdyne Shootout
5- Semi BD (hasta la vista)
6- Full BD

Those are all the really unique looks Arnie had that I can think of over the course of T2 that you could have a figure on display for. I wouldn't go THAT far as Desert and Biker would be about the same, and Endo Arm isn't too exciting to me for permanent display, but his various combat modes, between damage and differnt weapons, I find to be quite interesting.

Me too! But all that in one DX when they could sell two is my point. Not sure what they'll do. But they do have a history.

I dunno man, releasing 3 versions of the same character (although I would buy regardless) seems a bit too much. Pushing it I think.

1. Clean version
2/3. DX Battle damage 2-in-1

Back