Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my guess is the Dx will be the BD, 2 heads, 2 outfits etc.
and i think HT will have the termy eye work with PERS and light up,
im getting both as the quality will be pretty close, not like the difference with the V1's of BM and Joker vs. the DX's (huge gap in quality)

Me too! But all that in one DX when they could sell two is my point. Not sure what they'll do. But they do have a history.

Trouble is, would possible a different headsculpt, the grendage launcher and bandolier and the mini gun rig be enough of a difference to buy just that figure, I'm not so sure, pack in that stuff with a BD figure as a DX, and I think through marketing trickery, it'll get people wanting to spend more.

Premake Cyberdyne and they might not bite, pack the gear in with a figure they're buying, it'll make people think, I've got to put these guns to use, but I can't use them with this figure, ohhh, I'll buy two of the first one and make one of those Cyberdyne. They know how to play on people's habbits too. Like if they released v1 Joker exactly as was with the machine gun and a new head, people probably wouldn't buy it, but throw that stuff in as extra with the Bank Robber, you sell the Bank Robber and possibly more of the v1s to make clown figures. Would a lot of people buy the DX clown Joker just by itself for $150, probaby not as many as bought him and a whole cop figure for only $80 more (factoring in TT body cost).

Looks incredible. The hair detail is really impressive!

But passing on this to wait for a BD version. Way too iconic not to go BD when only choosing one version IMO.

Have T1 figures been confirmed?

No, just hopeful because they are now making T2 figures and T1 T-800 was in the Hot Toys poll. It seems likely because of all that and plus Terminator seems to be a good selling property for HT, but there's no certainty, it could end up just being T2 and that's it, or if they want to pour salt int he wound, T2, T3, and no T1.

Following up with Sean's post above:

I was thinking more like 2 sculpts included in the BD Cyberdyne version, one clean, one bullet scarred, with all the guns, etc. That's quite a lot of gear.

The Final BD version could be Hasta La Vista all the way to mangled version, we've already seen they've done the removable arm at the elbow for it. Light up eyes, half reveal Term skull. Then add a winch chain to hang him from or some other large, interesting piece to give this figure something extra.

That was my original thinking before this talk of DXing the BD version came up.

Again, I prefer your thinking. Better for my wallet.

I just try to put myself in HT's head base don my experience, and I think the Joker's demonstrated more success packing stuff in with other things than releasing individuals and I think the Cyberdyne look is too between this current figure and the full BD to really justify it as it's own figure to the collector base, but like I said, pack in useless gear with one figure, makes you buy an extra of the other where it can be useful and walla, now you've sold 3 figures.

I think I will wait for the Dx version of the T-800. If it is anything like the Deluxe Batman and Joker it will be an awesome figure.

But do you want a clean figure like this? Honestly, I think if people want to get a clean T-800 from T2, this figure right now is going to be it.

Actually, NECA is missing 1 look of Arnie's from T2, the Hasta La Vista look. They packed a head for it in with their BD figure, but he needs a whole left arm for the look, NECA didn't make it, some people have customized it though.

If you really want to go crazy, I can think of 6 figure displays you could do for T2 Arnie.

1- Biker (black t and shades)
2- Desert (grey t)
3- Endo Arm reveal
4- Cyberdyne Shootout
5- Semi BD (hasta la vista)
6- Full BD

Those are all the really unique looks Arnie had that I can think of over the course of T2 that you could have a figure on display for. I wouldn't go THAT far as Desert and Biker would be about the same, and Endo Arm isn't too exciting to me for permanent display, but his various combat modes, between damage and differnt weapons, I find to be quite interesting.

You're pretty much bob on there mate, but I think Neca have pretty much nailed the best versions of Arnold from T2.

The 4 figures they have put out do pretty well in covering most of his looks through out the film. They are definitely the looks that most stand out.

You have the basic clean version which is essential, the final battle version which is essential, then the mini gun version which is also pretty much essential.

In between versions like "hasta la vista" and the slightly shot up cyberdine version would be nice to have but I don't think we'll see them.

Definitely, NECA did the best choices for making 4 unique figures, I'm just saying, their line is not all encompassing of Arnie's looks and if you really want to get into the various looks you could go with, there's more.

Yup, there's a good few more looks to him. I mean, when he is in cyberdine, without the mini-gun, just holding the grenade launcher, that's a bloody look in itself!

Then there's the scene when he exits the elevator and takes on the SWAT team, gets shot up a bit in the face, but his body doesn't take any real damage. There's another look.

Then there's the hasta la vista look, full on battle damage to his chest and leg, but his face and arms are pretty much in tact.

There's a lot they could do with just Arnold from T2, it boggles the mind!

The only difference between this clean version and the mini-gun version, when you think about it, is the lack of a grenade launcher, gloved hands, mini-gun, bandolier and Ammo bag. That's not really enough to warrant a new figure with a $140 price tag is it?

We might not see the mini-gun look overall and they might just put out a Battle Damage version and that's it. Or, there will be a DX and it will be the full on battle damage version plus those afromentioned accessories.

But do you want a clean figure like this? Honestly, I think if people want to get a clean T-800 from T2, this figure right now is going to be it.

I am not a huge Terminator fan and I am trimming the licenses therefore, I am not 100% sold on the figure. It is an great representation of an iconic Arnie character which is why I am given it thought.

I am blown away by HT Dx line (Batman arrived today) therefore, IMO the one to get of a so-so figure would be the Dx. All that goes caca if HT releases the Dx Rambo which would be my exception piece.

HTML:
:lecture

I think it looks sweet as is. Hot Toys is going to drag me kicking and screaming back to 1/6. :horror
Doooo iiiiiiit! :D

010200315003b9.jpg

:horror
Yulli is a cutey!! :date

With the leap in quality that Hot Toys made just from the beginning of 2009 to the end of 2009, I fully expect that by the time we get to the end of 2010 we'll have a T-1000 made of mimetic polly alloy that can shift shapes on command.
:lol That would be the ultimate! :rock

My opinion on the figure
2n0vgj6.gif
Bad ass. :rock

It said HT is doing the T2 project with sideshow, Sarah Connor is a go, but T1000 and DX T800 will depend on how well the first two figures sell.:lol
They are pretty much gonna get done then! :lol

I'd have thought the T-1000 would have been in line before Sarah, though.

Back