Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It said HT is doing the T2 project with sideshow, Sarah Connor is a go, but T1000 and DX T800 will depend on how well the first two figures sell.:lol

I CAN'T buy that, basing T-1000 and DX T800 on this figure and Sarah, Sarah's sure to be a flop by comparrison to T-1000 and T800, you'd have to be brain dead to think you can gauge off her, if anything doing the others would help sell her. Here's an idea, let's let Sarah Connor kill another T2 1/6 line :lol

Then there's the scene when he exits the elevator and takes on the SWAT team, gets shot up a bit in the face, but his body doesn't take any real damage. There's another look.

swatattack.png

A little hard to see (Youtube screen cap) but there is infact BD on his chest

anyone know if the endoarm can bend at the elbow? i'm considering getting this figure along with fabric gloves to hide his endoarm like in T2:D

I just watched it dip from 3 piece to the last one in like 10 minutes. I got impulsive and bought the last one. $10 bucks isn't too bad I guess. I really wanna display him in the Black T.

Damn, I was planning on getting one. Ah well, just hope HT include one and if not, I'll make do with the grey.

Damn, I was planning on getting one. Ah well, just hope HT include one and if not, I'll make do with the grey.

Just keep your eye on eBay, I got 3 of that shirt months ago and they had more, plus I'm sure with this figure debuting, the smart eBay sellers will know and realize they're sitting on something of value.

A little hard to see (Youtube screen cap) but there is infact BD on his chest

anyone know if the endoarm can bend at the elbow? i'm considering getting this figure along with fabric gloves to hide his endoarm like in T2:D

Yes, the majoirty of his chest being exposed is caused in the shootout with the SWAT team, it's worsened when the T-1000 slams him with the equipment, but you can see even before the strike there's a fair ammount already exposed.

True. Cheers Sean.

Am not going to order until I am sure HT don't include one anyway. Qute a strong possibility of that I hope.

It said HT is doing the T2 project with sideshow, Sarah Connor is a go, but T1000 and DX T800 will depend on how well the first two figures sell.:lol

That's strange logic by HT... I'm pretty sure a T-1000 would sell far better than Sarah. Here's hoping she doesn't ruin anything.

True. Cheers Sean.

Am not going to order until I am sure HT don't include one anyway. Qute a strong possibility of that I hope.

For the right priced I'd get one anyway, when I ordered mine, I only had use for one on my Sideshow T-800, but since nice black t-shirst seem to be hard to find sometimes, at least ones to my liking, and they can be fairly hand to have, I just ordered extras.

Yes, the majoirty of his chest being exposed is caused in the shootout with the SWAT team, it's worsened when the T-1000 slams him with the equipment, but you can see even before the strike there's a fair ammount already exposed.
I thought the chest damage was all caused by the van crash!

You learn something new about Terminator 2 every day :lol

Cheers for those facts, as I said in a previous post, it boggles the mind how much he subtly changes in T2 :google

Last edited:
If you watch them shooting him in the lobby, there's a moment where a big chunk comes flying off his chest. I think the look of the damage was partly determined by the end result of the shooting, since they actually shot at the dummy, I'm sure some of what was revealed on Arnold was driven by what came off the dummy, and what shots were in the final edit driven by what they could do with Arnold and what happened to the dummy that they couldn't do so had to not show.

Also anyone wanting a black t-shirt once this figure is released im sure you would be able to pick up an extra shirt and dye it making it black, which I may do as well depending on how the shirt looks.

Love it, don't mind the joints and the face looks now looks like arnold from T-2 with the "older" type look that he had. I gues to preview photos were not the final version or the lighting was too bright? 2 please:)

For the right priced I'd get one anyway, when I ordered mine, I only had use for one on my Sideshow T-800, but since nice black t-shirst seem to be hard to find sometimes, at least ones to my liking, and they can be fairly hand to have, I just ordered extras.

Oh man that sucks, i thought you were going for one

I would and was, but as I said, I can easily live with the grey tee for my display. Not a deal breaker for me. I mean....look at it.... :chew

Actually, NECA is missing 1 look of Arnie's from T2, the Hasta La Vista look. They packed a head for it in with their BD figure, but he needs a whole left arm for the look, NECA didn't make it, some people have customized it though.

If you really want to go crazy, I can think of 6 figure displays you could do for T2 Arnie.

1- Biker (black t and shades)
2- Desert (grey t)
3- Endo Arm reveal
4- Cyberdyne Shootout
5- Semi BD (hasta la vista)
6- Full BD

Those are all the really unique looks Arnie had that I can think of over the course of T2 that you could have a figure on display for. I wouldn't go THAT far as Desert and Biker would be about the same, and Endo Arm isn't too exciting to me for permanent display, but his various combat modes, between damage and differnt weapons, I find to be quite interesting.

Haha, funny you should talk about all those possibilities both minor and major. As people here know, I bought up to (and possibly over) 20 NECA T-800 figures so as to create the maximum variations and different iconic poses within those variations - in the hopes that doing so would stave off any need I might otherwise feel to do the same when Hot Toys came out with theirs. I created all the variations you mention plus others, you would have seen them in the NECA thread. However looking at this HT figure alone I'm thinking I definitely need 2 and I'll probably need at least 2 of the next one. And when I see people choosing different looks for theirs I'll want to mimic them and rather than merely swapping out accessories etc I'll probably want to buy another damn figure. However, I must resist. They're just too expensive.

The new pics look great. I find the likeness looks best in the low angle shots. The shot of him standing with all the accessories on the floor would be my favourite too (I saw others single that one out for praise).

I have criticisms but they seem so minor in light of the overall excellence of the figure.

1) I'm not sure I like the head/neck interface. Theres a wierd angle there and possibly too much of a pinhead look to it - like what people noted on Dutch.

2) The hair is a little shorter overall than I'd like but I must admit it probably does look that length in some scenes. I can accept it.

3) He's probably a little too bulky on top for T2 Arnie. However after the SS figure I'd rather too bulky than too thin. I can accept it.

4) Making him taller than other figures is cool and yet at the same time probably not accurate. Its a fun fact around here lately that Arnie is barely above average height. For example the T-800 figure is probably taller than Hugh Jackmans Wolverine figure (which I received today :banana) but in reality I think its the other way around if anything. Also, not that the "characters" ever met, but the T-800 is going to make the P1 predator even more ridiculously small considering hes probably going to be taller than the Dutch Schaeffer figure. Again, I mention this, but I'm not actually all that bothered.

5) yeah I too think the shotgun is a little on the thin side. It almost disappears when not viewed from the side.

I would and was, but as I said, I can easily live with the grey tee for my display. Not a deal breaker for me. I mean....look at it.... :chew

Yea looks great either way. If a BD with minigun is announced, I may get 2 originals. One with black T, and another with gloves and minigun and grey T. Then the 3rd will be the BD. But I'm sure that's not the last time you will see that black T on ebay.

Who'd think my most wanted figure (right after a T1 Arnold) would turn out so good? Thank you Hot Toys!

As for the black shirt situation, i'm not sure how many of you ended up with a Saturday Toys biker set but the black T is very nice. I intend on using that one.

My oh my its just stunning. The likeness is definitely there, the hair is accurate to many scenes even if not all and the clothes, as one expects from HT, are awesome.

Back