Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I'd like to see a Hot Toys BD T2, seeing Elvis' work makes me want them to redo the Arnold portions of the portrait and not just recycle what's been done. While the clean head has issues for looking like T2 Arnold, something just seems off about making the head BD and lacks the wow I would have expected, especially with a-dev's where the customizer used the NECA head, that looks like perfection, but the MMS117 isn't all it could be for a BD figure.

As much as I'd like to see a Hot Toys BD T2, seeing Elvis' work makes me want them to redo the Arnold portions of the portrait and not just recycle what's been done. While the clean head has issues for looking like T2 Arnold, something just seems off about making the head BD and lacks the wow I would have expected, especially with a-dev's where the customizer used the NECA head, that looks like perfection, but the MMS117 isn't all it could be for a BD figure.

Elvis did great work on that but I agree it looked off. To be honest I think its what I've always felt about the HT head, that its too vertically squashed and maybe too small overall. If you try to put any existing endo-skull parts with that head it shows up that the proportions aren't suitable. You could maybe sculpt smaller endoskull parts and make them work with the existing HT head proportions, I dunno.

Elvis did great work on that but I agree it looked off. To be honest I think its what I've always felt about the HT head, that its too vertically squashed and maybe too small overall. If you try to put any existing endo-skull parts with that head it shows up that the proportions aren't suitable. You could maybe sculpt smaller endoskull parts and make them work with the existing HT head proportions, I dunno.

The hair volume is a big factor for me, as I posted long ago, the hair varies a lot throughout T2 so for a clean sculpt, to average his looks, it's ok which choice HT went with, but, it is not like it was at the end when he is damaged, so elvis' work doesn't shine as much as other sculpts because of the issues with the HT base head. NECA went with the right hair style overall.

The hair volume is a big factor for me, as I posted long ago, the hair varies a lot throughout T2 so for a clean sculpt, to average his looks, it's ok which choice HT went with, but, it is not like it was at the end when he is damaged, so elvis' work doesn't shine as much as other sculpts because of the issues with the HT base head. NECA went with the right hair style overall.

Yeah that would have been the better 'fits all' choice for most of the film. Because of how dead-on they got the hair on their T2 figure I found it strange that they sorta got his hair too short on their Police station assault T1 figure if memory serves from pics.

a-dav, what you think about this? just seen it on ebay, looks like an older arnie
picture.php

£220 in the end, the bonus was that the seller lived literally 2 minutes down the road from me (what are the chances eh?) :)

Back