Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6711486785_cdd3b39f8b_z.jpg

Still an incredible figure. Great shots V

No loose joints or disproportionate legs. Quality all around. The Enterbay's headsculpt is practically the only thing they have against this guy.

After having sold the HT version, I can say that while the 1/6 Version is pretty awesome at the scale. Unless they develop a more slender muscle body to truly fit the character it will continue be the 1/6 T-800 Arnold example which all others are judged.

HOWEVER, the 1/4 Arnold T-800 is simply astounding. I opened this thing up and it really is a site to be seen. The guns being all metal add a sense of realism to the piece that wasn't there in the 1/6 scale, the endo arm (being larger) is better proportioned and hold poses better.

While they are two separate figures in classes of their own, If I had to do it all again I would still pick the Enterbay version if only because the character and Arnold are Icons.

I can see why the love for the EB figure, real leather, metal, wood, basically a more premium product but given it's 1/4 scale that shouldn't be surprising and maybe it is a figure you need to see for yourself to truly appreciate...

I love my HT T800 though and yeah I'm gonna go there by saying I think the sculpt is better than the EB figure

Its quite obvious that a 1/4 figure will hold more detail and the EB came out later so they had more time. If and when HT comes out with a 2.0 version everyone will rush to get that. The only time lately HT has failed seems to be Indy but there post production model looked excellent. HT never releases metal weapons and theres a reason for that, figures fall over and they cant hold them for long periods. All in all I would like toown them both but children and room limits me. Ahhh the real world.

HT never releases metal weapons and theres a reason for that, figures fall over and they cant hold them for long periods.

Wrong, HT now uses real metal when they can and it's light enough to e a non issue. DX Jack Sparrow's sword is a real metal blade, Wolverine's claws are real metal and the Predators now come with metal wrist blades, ad they're not affected by it.

I stand corrected as these figures are fairly new figures so dont bust My _alls just yet please.
I was really refering to the likes of the coomodels mini gun, the hot toys version would be plastic.

Wrong, HT now uses real metal when they can and it's light enough to e a non issue. DX Jack Sparrow's sword is a real metal blade, Wolverine's claws are real metal and the Predators now come with metal wrist blades, ad they're not affected by it.

Thor's hammer is so heavy, it's hard to keep his arm up. Ant that Gangster Johnny has a metal Thompson Machine gun that make it hard to pose him holding it any way but down at his side. Swords and blades aren't as heavy as guns and that hammer. Imagine if Captain America's Shield was metal. He'd never be able to hold it.

Need some accessories for my ht t2 t800...Can anyone point me in the right direction to a coo model m79 grenade launcher? Thnx in advance!

Thor's hammer is so heavy, it's hard to keep his arm up. Ant that Gangster Johnny has a metal Thompson Machine gun that make it hard to pose him holding it any way but down at his side. Swords and blades aren't as heavy as guns and that hammer. Imagine if Captain America's Shield was metal. He'd never be able to hold it.

I think it depends on the type of metal too. The metal like a tiny Hot Wheels car might be made out of is quite light, like the Wolverine blades and Sparrow sword, etc, they're heavier than plastic enough to know it's nicer, but not so heavy you even think the figure couldn't support it.

I think it's balance, if you can use a metal that won't be too heavy, I think it makes for a nicer figure to have it, but if you can't pull that off then stick to plastic with a metallic paint job.

I think it depends on the type of metal too. The metal like a tiny Hot Wheels car might be made out of is quite light, like the Wolverine blades and Sparrow sword, etc, they're heavier than plastic enough to know it's nicer, but not so heavy you even think the figure couldn't support it.

I think it's balance, if you can use a metal that won't be too heavy, I think it makes for a nicer figure to have it, but if you can't pull that off then stick to plastic with a metallic paint job.

That's what they did with Captain's shield. Don't get me wrong, I love that metal Thompson Johnny can with, but man is it heavy.

That's what they did with Captain's shield. Don't get me wrong, I love that metal Thompson Johnny can with, but man is it heavy.

I hear ya, I bought a metal machine gun off eBay for my Dark Knight Joker before HT made one and it was a realyl solid, heavy metal. I applaud compaines pushing boundaries to make the figures more interesting, but sometimes, being different doesn't mean better. I do like the blades from HT being metal, I bent a few on the old plastic Preds because of how thin they were, and also, they were plastic vac-wrapped in a metal material that was easy to chip, the metal is durable. I actually almost cut myself once with Wolverine.

Back