Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an experiment i have been working on on my T-800.

Bought a cheap vinly head for the endo parts and carved inside the HT head to insert the endo skull parts.
Painted the skull parts in chrome and sculpted some flesh around.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

Wow looks cool!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Might this experiment lead to a cast head? And maybe some exposed endoskeletal add-ons for under a t-shirt, leather pants, and a new very destroyed arm piece?

I don't think it'll be necessary. With all the predator news today I'd say HT is gearing up to return to the cyborg franchises too - Terminator and Robocop.

I don't think it'll be necessary. With all the predator news today I'd say HT is gearing up to return to the cyborg franchises too - Terminator and Robocop.

I expect a 1/6 T-800 Police Massacre from T1 and BD T-800 from T2 very soon :drool

Nice post count btw- 11,111 :D

I hope to holy hell you're right, Bud. I kinda took the Predator announcement as one step further away from Hot Toys making a few figures we've been begging them to make for the last couple of years, but then again, you know me...pessimistic to the end. :wink1:

I hope to holy hell you're right, Bud. I kinda took the Predator announcement as one step further away from Hot Toys making a few figures we've been begging them to make for the last couple of years, but then again, you know me...pessimistic to the end. :wink1:

I thought they'd be done with the Predator license after Classic and maybe a simple P2 remake on the Shadow/Classic body but turns out they're far from done with Predator. :dunno

When a certain amount of time passed after the Tech Noir T-800 I assumed they were done with Terminator. Then along comes the Enterbay T-800 and EB's announcement of 1/4 scale this and that - only for Hot Toys to make counter-announcements of their own 1/4 scale stuff and at least twice now also mentioned the continuance of the 1/6 lines in the same announcement (Batman and now Predator) - and in the context of all that I find it hard to believe that they will ignore Terminator - either more 1/6 or 1/4 scale or both.

Then you also remember the way the current T-800 figures from HT have been released as to cover everything up to halfway through their respective films and nothing more. If HT were never intending to make BD versions surely they would have included the likes of grenade launchers and bandoliers and more bits and bobs that would make the figures more generalised to cover the entirety of T1 and T2 in a hodge podge incomplete kind of way. But no, it almost seemed like they deliberately held back these things so as to follow up with BD versions that would cover the second halves of T1 and T2 and to guarantee that both clean and BD versions were unique figures, one as important as the other - thus more sales.

So yeah, I think theres cause for optimism. 2 questions though, how much would they cost and when in all hell HT will fit them in considering everything else they're doing.

They can redo the sculpt if they want, but if they don't put out "I need a vacation" Uncle Bob before they do the "first half of the movie" look again, I will be royally pissed. Like fly to Hong Kong and make them eat a lot of dairy products pissed.

Well I've done it, I've got one for £230 + £30 shipping. Seems to be the there or thereabouts the current value for this figure brand new

Just hope I dont get done and HT announce a new version during 2012 and concentrate on other licenses like Iron Man, Batman and Predator :rotfl

I really don't see them redoing a clean version of T-800 before they've tackled a BD one. If they offer another clean version at all it'll be a fully geared up Cyberdyne figure I suppose; but I'd be thinking more along the lines of a BD figure that provides the cyberdyne accessories for use with the MMS117 figure - basically just HT's versions of the COOmodels gear many of us bought.

Well I've done it, I've got one for £230 + £30 shipping. Seems to be the there or thereabouts the current value for this figure brand new

Just hope I dont get done and HT announce a new version during 2012 and concentrate on other licenses like Iron Man, Batman and Predator :rotfl

Do you live in Braintree by any chance?

Man, i know people are set on a scale, but you could get the enterbay figure for that price.

Do you live in Braintree by any chance?

I'm about 30 minutes from Braintree (south woodham ferrers to be exact). Whys that? :)

Man, i know people are set on a scale, but you could get the enterbay figure for that price.

I know but like you said I'm set on 1/6 scale and I'm not a Terminator fanboi so wouldn't want this to be the centre piece of my collection

nice to see more UK people! but im nowhere near essex ha ha
Im in the midlands, Northants! So **** here hate it.
Was in Bristol for 5 years and loved it but had to come back home as I got no job after graduating in July. So hard finding work :(

Back on topic and I do like this model but I prefer to collect endo's to be honest. That wont happen anytime soon though as all high end endos are out of my price range :(

Back