Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the size. To pay that money you have to be pretty well into Terminator and also like 1/4 scale.

This pretty much

I admit it's the new release of the Enterbay figure that's made me want the HT figure but 1:4 is just to big for a line that I've only got a passing interest in

Anyone else slightly worried how much a BD T-800 is gonna cost by the time HT make it, if they make it? With the way their prices are rising with each and every figure theres going to be a big difference between what we paid for the MMS117 and what we'll pay for a BD.

Anyone else slightly worried how much a BD T-800 is gonna cost by the time HT make it, if they make it? With the way their prices are rising with each and every figure theres going to be a big difference between what we paid for the MMS117 and what we'll pay for a BD.

I know T1 is more of a, we got you by the balls so you'll pay we ask, but the T1 T-800 was almost $200 and the new Spiderman is just over $200, yes we're past MMS117's price, but it's been that way for awhile. I'd say it'd be around $200 unless they did semi-BD and full Cyberdyne weapon inclusion.

I just hope that after I buy this HT dont go and re-release it as a DX with BD and a better sculpt what with the figure being almost 2 years old now....

Fully battle damaged Steel Mill version, or "I need a vacation" Uncle Bob I'm guessing would probably cost about $300 or even even more, and honestly, I am dying to give that to Hot Toys so I can have it.

I want a chrome endo ^^

BTW tought the Enterbay was all win...
Isit only a battle between 1/6 and 1/4 apologist or is there any factual flaws?

BTW tought the Enterbay was all win...
Isit only a battle between 1/6 and 1/4 apologist or is there any factual flaws?

I don't know why people are comparing them tbh. If you're a big T2 fan you'd get both. But if you're not a massive fan and you already have the HT 1/6 I don't see the point in picking up EB's other than because it's... bigger. If you missed the HT at MSRP and it's down to a direct choice between the two I still can't see past the scale as the deciding factor - EB's is not to my eyes so evidently superior that a collector would break out of the 1/6 theme to pick it up.

Also I think EB not including a grey t-shirt is pretty poor. Why go to the effort of a detachable endo-arm but not have the costume to match? HT nearly did the same thing by not initially offering the black t-shirt.

If you missed the HT at MSRP and it's down to a direct choice between the two I still can't see past the scale as the deciding factor - EB's is not to my eyes so evidently superior that a collector would break out of the 1/6 theme to pick it up.

:lecture:lecture:exactly:

I don't know why people are comparing them tbh. If you're a big T2 fan you'd get both. But if you're not a massive fan and you already have the HT 1/6 I don't see the point in picking up EB's other than because it's... bigger. If you missed the HT at MSRP and it's down to a direct choice between the two I still can't see past the scale as the deciding factor - EB's is not to my eyes so evidently superior that a collector would break out of the 1/6 theme to pick it up.

Also I think EB not including a grey t-shirt is pretty poor. Why go to the effort of a detachable endo-arm but not have the costume to match? HT nearly did the same thing by not initially offering the black t-shirt.

I held off on the HT's release, but picked up the enterbay version. Happy i did tho, the likeness is just leaps and bounds better. I can understand not wanting to break away from 1/6 but i'm not attached enough to the scale to not pick up a great figure to do with a licence i LOVE.

Ok thanks.
So no technical flaws just a question if you got the money or already own the HT version.

Well i have the HT version and i really like.
I like the stylisation of the HT one.
But it' clear that the Enterbay has the best likeness of the two.

Would be cool to have a HS as spot on as the Enterbay one in 1/6.
Weird no one took that project.

Planning on getting my hands on the Enterbay don't know if i'm gonna keep the HT tho...

The HT one is more than enough for me. Having a 1/4 fig with not much else of the same scale to go with it kinda ruins it for me.

Plus, IMO, the HT one is perfect.

Here's an experiment i have been working on on my T-800.

Bought a cheap vinly head for the endo parts and carved inside the HT head to insert the endo skull parts.
Painted the skull parts in chrome and sculpted some flesh around.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

Here's an experiment i have been working on on my T-800.

Bought a cheap vinly head for the endo parts and carved inside the HT head to insert the endo skull parts.
Painted the skull parts in chrome and sculpted some flesh around.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

Amazing work, bravo!

Excuse me, my brain just went offline for a couple of seconds cause of the sheer amount of awesomness in this.
THAT is exactly what HT should do.
You truly outdid yourself there, Seb.
Congrats, man.
:hi5:

Back