Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
page3_blog_entry218_1.jpg

:naughty

How about Coming To America!! This is one of my favorite classic films!

comingtoamerica.jpg

I can see HT doing some stuff with this movie! :):lol

I'd wager most of HT's collector base probably isn't even familiar with those films, let alone putting money into them.
Fits in with the James Dean/Brando figures, and as I suggested, would attract non-traditional HT collectors. Though I don't know for certain, surely even youngster fans of crap films like Terminator: Salvation are familiar with Humphrey Bogart, and recognize him as the iconic actor that he is.

I've heard the name but don't know the work. Same with James Dean and Brando, know the names, don't know the work.

Fits in with the James Dean/Brando figures, and as I suggested, would attract non-traditional HT collectors. Though I don't know for certain, surely even youngster fans of crap films like Terminator: Salvation are familiar with Humphrey Bogart, and recognize him as the iconic actor that he is.

Yeah....I wouldn't care for those. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. So I'm pretty sure those wouldn't sell at all.

I would buy an Axel figure in one second. I would also buy Marty McFly, and a mid-80s Madonna (from Desperately Seeking Susan if it must be from a film). They would look fantastic on the shelf next to Thriller MJ.

Yeah....I wouldn't care for those. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. So I'm pretty sure those wouldn't sell at all.
Well, if the Brando/Dean figures didn't sell (I have no idea one way or the other), then I would agree. But I think it would be wrong to assume that there isn't a market for high end figure representations of great screen actors, just because they aren't the same people who would buy Avatar aliens or T: Salvation toys.

And if you don't care for them, it suggests to me you haven't seen those movies, which is a shame.

GOOD GRIEF !!!!!
This is gonna be one AWESOME year for Hot Toys,

T2 Line :rock:rock:rock:rock

T1 Line :rock:rock:rock

TRON !!! :rock:rock:rock

Kindest regards
Tys

I would buy an Axel figure in one second. I would also buy Marty McFly, and a mid-80s Madonna (from Desperately Seeking Susan if it must be from a film). They would look fantastic on the shelf next to Thriller MJ.

Well, if the Brando/Dean figures didn't sell (I have no idea one way or the other), then I would agree. But I think it would be wrong to assume that there isn't a market for high end figure representations of great screen actors.

And if you don't care for them, it suggests to me you haven't seen those movies, which is a shame.

Nah...I've seen some movies of them. And I agree they are classic actors, but I dunno...I wouldn't care to drop money of some figures of them....

Now all the ones u did mention: "I would buy an Axel figure in one second. I would also buy Marty McFly, and a mid-80s Madonna (from Desperately Seeking Susan if it must be from a film). They would look fantastic on the shelf next to Thriller MJ."

I'll be like Roxanne and work the streets for money for those! :drool

That's the thing, there are some great actors and classic roles, but as figures, some things just don't offer the "wow" most people look for figures to have. Once it starts to cost $150 or more for it, people's fandom gets pickier, and plus with all else that HT and other companies put out in the mean time, it gets competitive what wins people's dollars or not. Like for me, this T2 line is going to knock a lot of other stuff I might otherwise get out of the budget because I care more about T2.

I guess it depends on your conception of who might buy those figures. Sure, a guy in a hat isn't as exciting as a robot with human skin half blown off, but T-800 here is basically just a 'roided up former body builder in a leather biker outfit. It is the association of the character with the film that drives the interest. Of course, T2 is an incredibly successful film with fans who are of age that they are willing to put lots of money into collectibles from it.

I think there are other types of fans out there that Hot Toys can get to buy there stuff beyond 25-35 year olds, however. Think of an HT Elvis, Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, and Spartacus. I think Bogart, James Dean, and Marilyn Monroe fits in with these others as iconic actors from well known, pre-1970s films that some people out there (possibly a fair amount of people) would be willing to invest $150+ into, if done right. I will admit that it is riskier than "going with what got em here," but they have dipped their toes into these waters already with the Dean and Brando figures.

And as much as I love films of the 80s, I don't really consider them "classics." Except maybe some of the Coen Bros. stuff :D

You guys seems so excited about this, I dont know, I only into this 1/6 hobby for about 5 month. Are those T800 figure made by other company really bad or something?

if you ve just arrived in a town where everybodies driving Ferraris you ll think Ferraris are the norm.

if you all are going to mention chartacters that HT should do from other films in this thread you have to say.............

the-road-warrior-mel-gibson.jpg

max & wez please

Back