Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few things go against the T:S line. 1) the movie wasn't as well received as T1 or T2, 2) they did so many T-600 variants, it was a bit too much, 3) in today's market, likenesses are so heavily scrutinized and the John Connor portrait isn't the best of likenesses and could hurt the desire for the Connor figures.

This T-800 strikes me more like the Wolverine figure, but with even more going for it. Wolverine, though it can work for any of the X-Men films, is based on a movie that wasn't well received, and the likeness is a bit iffy, but it's very well made and the figure is still very popular and highly desired despite the strikes against it, and now it can be hard to hunt down at retail. The T-800 seems the same to me, a very well made figure, but in addition, the likeness seems stronger, and the movie more popular.

I imagine not only will a lot of people probably want and buy this figure, but a fair number will buy multiples with intent to make the various looks of the T-800. I've got 2 on order, I know others here are looking at getting multiples to make his various looks.
:exactly:
Just say that to appease...:goodpost:

Basically, no one can ever know what the value will be in a years time.

You save T:S was a bad movie so the figures will not value but AvP was a terrible movie and look how much their Preds go for.

Wolverine is not solely popular because of the movies he was in or due to the quality of the toy alone. He is also popular just because he is Wolverine, the character. This sets him apart from many other figures.

True, but do you think people would spend almost $200 on the figure based on his comic book fandom, seems like unless you really liked Jackman's portrayal, the figure wouldn't hold much value to a fan.

Yeah, but everyone loves them some Predators. Those figures succeed despite the movie. T: Salvation figures aren't good enough to succeed on their own merits.

I think fans of Terminators would like to get all the T 600s even if was from a really poor film but that just hasn't happend. I could say no varaintion in design but most of the Preds are almost identical give or take some armour pieces.

As far as figures go, it is the highest quality incarnation of Wolverine to date. I have considered picking one up on several occasions despite having great disdain for the Wolverine movie, just because I like the character.

I personally thought the Wolverine movie was a load of bollocks + I'm not a big fan of Jackman so the figures a pass for me although I love the Comics....I just hope they'll do a comic version some where along the line with the iconic costume.
A plus point for the production would be that Hot Toys wouldn't have any probs getting the likesness ;-)

I think fans of Terminators would like to get all the T 600s even if was from a really poor film but that just hasn't happend.

Depends, some fans don't even like the T-600 design, I really didn't care for it, I don't own any T-600s. I liked T:S and I liked Connor and Marcus and got those 3 figures, and would have gotten Reese if they made him, but I didn't care for the T-600 design at all and the T-700 was just a weird T-800 rehash.

As far as the Predator success, I think part of it was timing. While most people that own them really like them, there's also a factor of when they came out in the last few years of 1/6 collecting, they were like one of the most cutting edge and awesome looking 1/6 figures on the market at their time, so I imagine a lot of the popularity was the sheer awe they invoked in collectors. Today they'd be more par for the course and it'd really come down to people digging the designs and the movie and I'm not sure that'd be enough to make it sell as well as it did years ago. Same with T:S, had that line come out years ago when AVP did, the T-600s might have been so amazing to people that many would buy them just for being amazing figures, but today, they're pretty common really, between the T-800 Endo and the Iron Man figures and other engineering marvels HT's pulled off over the last few years, they just don't stand out anymore.

I think fans of Terminators would like to get all the T 600s even if was from a really poor film but that just hasn't happend. I could say no varaintion in design but most of the Preds are almost identical give or take some armour pieces.
There seem to be more collectors who just like Predators, period, than those who just like "Terminator," period. If folks like Terminator, they usually like Arnold as Terminator, the T-800 Endo, T-1000, etc. Specific Terminators. Folks who like Predators seem to like the various incarnations out there.

But that's just my impression.

I have the same impression. While T:S seemed to do well for HT, I think T1 and T2 would do even better, but with Aliens and Predator, it seems like regardless of the film, if the figures rock, people will want and buy them. People are already clamoring for PREDATORS figures and no one's even seen the movie yet to know if it's a bomb, the designs are selling them more than the movie.

Terminator seems like a split of design and film fandom when it comes to purchasing.

There seem to be more collectors who just like Predators, period, than those who just like "Terminator," period. If folks like Terminator, they usually like Arnold as Terminator, the T-800 Endo, T-1000, etc. Specific Terminators. Folks who like Predators seem to like the various incarnations out there.

But that's just my impression.
that's because termie fans has better taste.

i kid i kid. yeah, i dont know why... it's like you said, i cant stand T:S to want the t-600 fig, yet i bought bunch of (neca)preds from those crappy avp films. anyway, imo neca preds > ht preds. FLAME WAR!

:lol :peace

Well I would have never started this hobby because of TS but I did start it because of TDK. I ended up buying all the TS figures because of the hobby!! They are just amazing works of art. I would actually say that because of this hobby I ended up watching at least parts of the movie more than I would have without the hobby :D
So based on this the demand is understandably low

It's funny you say that - I watch movies noticing what the characters are wearing, what weapons they are carrying etc now, as I plan how to build these figures in 1/6 scale.

Anything I own or want to attempt to own or build, I find myself analyzing throughout the film/show to see what details I'd need or what to tweak to my liking.

I'm glad my wife gets it, because the number of times I end up pausing a movie, or rewinding to see if Arnold's belt was indeed beige etc... is hilarious.

Just a couple of pics for you guys! Some are blurry...:slap

HPIM2195.jpg

HPIM2201.jpg

HPIM2205.jpg

HPIM2199.jpg

More will be posted soon! :rock
more...:gah:

Back