Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancelled my order :( Just need more money to buy new lens first.

I miss one of the best Hot Toys figure :monkey4

Cancelled my order :( Just need more money to buy new lens first.

I miss one of the best Hot Toys figure :monkey4

This is sucks but don't worry. You can still get it later. This figure will be around for a while with normal price. At least for a year.

You really think this figure will be easily found at retail price a year from now?

I give it 6 months at best.

Well in my opinion yes. Just look at the DX Joker or Batman for example. You can still get them at retail price. Not to mention if the BD version will be out(who knows what versions will be included in that .) maybe this one will be a little cheaper.

No, I'm pretty sure the DX is just our speculation, I don't think any official word, same with BD, I don't think that's concrete either.

I don't see this ending up like TDK, there's no excuses for them to rehash the same look, the movie's been out for 20 years, they can't plea lack of reference or not knowing everything that happens in the movie like with TDK.

If there is another T-800 Arnie, I forsee it being nothing like MMS117 and this figure being the only option for a clean version or bashing a Cyberdyne look.

If they do a separate Cyberdyne look and a BD figure then I could see MMS117 dropping in value, but i don't imagine them going there, I think they'll pack Cyberdyne gear in with a BD version and make people want mutliples of MMS117 if they're after all of his looks.

Well in my opinion yes. Just look at the DX Joker or Batman for example. You can still get them at retail price. Not to mention if the BD version will be out(who knows what versions will be included in that .) maybe this one will be a little cheaper.

Bad examples in my book. Joker is a majorly oversaturated market, it's the 3rd version so it wouldn't surprise me to see him still around, and the DX Batman has been a train wreck from production.

I'd judge the T-800 against a figure like Wolverine which is pretty much gone everywhere for retail.

I see BD T-800 being a DX if they only put out 1 more T-800 figure and it includes all the gear HT's yet to produce, it's too much for a standard MMS figure I'm sure.

T-1000 I see more as a straight MMS, unless we luck out and they hook us up with all his costuming and looks in a big set. Maybe that's why those two will be the finale, like TDK, go out with a couple of suped up DX figures, fine by me.

However they release it, I just hope the line offers a thorough representation of T-800 and T-1000 from the movie.

Bad examples in my book. Joker is a majorly oversaturated market, it's the 3rd version so it wouldn't surprise me to see him still around, and the DX Batman has been a train wreck from production.

I'd judge the T-800 against a figure like Wolverine which is pretty much gone everywhere for retail.

Well than there are the Terminator Salvation figures. The T-600s, Connor...you can still get them for retail.

All things being constant, I would also expect this guy to go up in price. However, Maulfan mentions market saturation, and I think that's a key point. We have no idea how many of these are being produced. I think HT may produce more of these than the typical figure, in order to meet or exceed what will no doubt be high demand for awhile. But we just don't know.

Regarding T: Salvation, those figures were from a horrible movie that not many people care to own figures from (particularly after whatever hype the movie originally had has dissipated). That explains their price, IMO. This figure is a horse of another color.

Look at the Iron Man Mark III that has jumped in price even with the battle damaged version coming out.

Well than there are the Terminator Salvation figures. The T-600s, Connor...you can still get them for retail.

I wouldn't consider Salvation and particularly Connor popular enough to sell out like I would T2 T-800. Also, which Connor are you referring to, because the FB one has only been out for about 6 months or so, and like I said, I could see this T-800 being around for a few months at retail, but I don't see it being that easily found a year from now.

Regarding T: Salvation, those figures were from a horrible movie that not many people care to own figures from (particularly after whatever hype the movie originally had has dissipated). That explains their price, IMO. This figure is a horse of another color.

Well I have to agree on this one. The movie is terrible and maybe this is why those figures still are at normal price. I always think about getting the T-600 with rubber mask but at the end I am always at the no, because I hate the movie. So yeah I get your point.

I wouldn't consider Salvation and particularly Connor popular enough to sell out like I would T2 T-800. Also, which Connor are you referring to, because the FB one has only been out for about 6 months or so, and like I said, I could see this T-800 being around for a few months at retail, but I don't see it being that easily found a year from now.

I referring to the original, but yeah maybe you are right Maulfan. They are nowhere near as popular like the T-800. I would like a T-800/101 from HT very much but I am waiting for the DX or whatever version to come up. Than I will decide which one is what I need.

I own the T-600 because he's mentioned in the earlier movies, and i have a relation to him through an old PC game called Terminator Future Shock. I wouldnt have bought only for the Salvation movie.

Its a shame that McG didnt use the T-600 full potential in the movie, they could have recaptured lost of the first movies dark elements with the T-600 rubber mask...

Last edited:
Well I have to agree on this one. The movie is terrible and maybe this is why those figures still are at normal price. I always think about getting the T-600 with rubber mask but at the end I am always at the no, because I hate the movie. So yeah I get your point.

A few things go against the T:S line. 1) the movie wasn't as well received as T1 or T2, 2) they did so many T-600 variants, it was a bit too much, 3) in today's market, likenesses are so heavily scrutinized and the John Connor portrait isn't the best of likenesses and could hurt the desire for the Connor figures.

This T-800 strikes me more like the Wolverine figure, but with even more going for it. Wolverine, though it can work for any of the X-Men films, is based on a movie that wasn't well received, and the likeness is a bit iffy, but it's very well made and the figure is still very popular and highly desired despite the strikes against it, and now it can be hard to hunt down at retail. The T-800 seems the same to me, a very well made figure, but in addition, the likeness seems stronger, and the movie more popular.

I imagine not only will a lot of people probably want and buy this figure, but a fair number will buy multiples with intent to make the various looks of the T-800. I've got 2 on order, I know others here are looking at getting multiples to make his various looks.

Wolverine is not solely popular because of the movies he was in or due to the quality of the toy alone. He is also popular just because he is Wolverine, the character. This sets him apart from many other figures.

Back