Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple new photos from nickwcy at Toy World.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

Ugh I want to grab a parted out T2 T800 body but the prices on ebay are crazy. Having to wait a couple months for the prices to drop sucks.

I think a petition to get HT to release the newer muscle bodies as standalone products is in order, though petitions don't amount to much.

Do you think i should get this ASAP or wait out for a battle damaged version (if they do release one which I'm hoping)?

Do you think i should get this ASAP or wait out for a battle damaged version (if they do release one which I'm hoping)?

Depends which version you have intrest in. I will wait for the BD version because I don't have money for two T-800 and also the BD version is just...well more special.

Well many people just can't undestand this hobby and they can say really stupid things about that, but this is their loss. Also who cares what are they opinions when we have so much fun with the figures? :lol

Basically, no one can ever know what the value will be in a years time.

You save T:S was a bad movie so the figures will not value but AvP was a terrible movie and look how much their Preds go for.

Depends, some fans don't even like the T-600 design, I really didn't care for it, I don't own any T-600s. I liked T:S and I liked Connor and Marcus and got those 3 figures, and would have gotten Reese if they made him, but I didn't care for the T-600 design at all and the T-700 was just a weird T-800 rehash.

As far as the Predator success, I think part of it was timing. While most people that own them really like them, there's also a factor of when they came out in the last few years of 1/6 collecting, they were like one of the most cutting edge and awesome looking 1/6 figures on the market at their time, so I imagine a lot of the popularity was the sheer awe they invoked in collectors. Today they'd be more par for the course and it'd really come down to people digging the designs and the movie and I'm not sure that'd be enough to make it sell as well as it did years ago. Same with T:S, had that line come out years ago when AVP did, the T-600s might have been so amazing to people that many would buy them just for being amazing figures, but today, they're pretty common really, between the T-800 Endo and the Iron Man figures and other engineering marvels HT's pulled off over the last few years, they just don't stand out anymore.

good point.

And if I may add, there was a lot of (still are some) customizing preds goin on, especially the AVP series. This is one of the main factors why these are getting harder to get MIB now.

I dont and hardly see anyone customizing the T600s :dunno

Well many people just can't undestand this hobby and they can say really stupid things about that, but this is their loss. Also who cares what are they opinions when we have so much fun with the figures? :lol

totally agree with you! :yess: It's an expensive yet satisfying hobby. :panic::panic::panic:

they couldnt believe that a grown man that goes to pub still plays with dollies :lol

my friends say that Im sick :(

:lol Yeah I've gotten a lot of abuse on more than one occasion for having one too many and starting to tell people all about them! I try to use this site to get all my nerd-speak needs accommodated, but sometimes it all gets the better of me!

Back