Hot Toys - MMS 108 - MARS ATTACKS! - Martian Ambassador spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the For Sale section someone is selling both, brand new, for $180 delivered. That is an excellent price. I paid $140 for my Ambassador and $110 for my soldier.

Luis

Thanks for the heads up I just PM'ed him/her.

I bought the Ambassador last night at BBTS but they let you cancel within 30 days. I feel a little guilty, but they get three-quarters of my business anyway and it is just way too hard to pass up that deal. Now I can recreate this:

marsattacks3.jpg

Thanks for the heads up I just PM'ed him/her.

I bought the Ambassador last night at BBTS but they let you cancel within 30 days. I feel a little guilty, but they get three-quarters of my business anyway and it is just way too hard to pass up that deal. Now I can recreate this:

marsattacks3.jpg

You are welcome. It is such a good deal I wanted to buy it just to have two soldier, one on each side of the Ambassador but then I started thinking, I would have to sell the Ambassador, etc, etc.

I finally convinced myself I don't need two soldiers, :monkey2

Luis

Got my ambassador today, love him, ended up ordering the soldier. I didn't have the glitter issues some have reported. I took the cape outside, shook it briskly, then came back in, put it on him, and did the usual futzing and detail stuff. Excellent, excellent figure.

The glitter is pretty well stuck on - a small amount came off when I was squishing the robe in to place, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be.

Just to let anyone interested know that I've got an Ambassador for sale on evilbay for a good price. Check out the commerce section under sideshow items for auction for details

I really like these little men, but my fear for the suit going to rot is holding me back.

Hey Amacord, you've been missed aroud here... well, by me anyhows.
And I have a strong feeling these figtures will last a long time!

I get that feeling too- although the main part of the legs and arms are rubbery, it feels like a very, very high grade silicone or something. Doesn't feel at all like something that is going to dry or crack.

Hey Amacord, you've been missed aroud here... well, by me anyhows.

Hello Wookster, thank you for the kind words ;-)
Great place here, isn't it !

Drizzle, I Will definitely look out for a soldier, now that I am less worried for the figure suit to become rotten.

I have to say these Martians are the first time I've really been disapointed with a HT paint job. So much so, that I cancelled these guys. The proto paint looked great, but the final products look to vibrant. It reminds me of Homer Simpson's make-up shotgun he invented.

make+up+gun.jpg

Its too bad becuase having these little guys would have been fun.

Really, anyone who has these loves them, because they are such fun. The evidence is in peoples posts.

I actually like the paint. It may not be accurate to the movie, or the prototype, but to me it's no big deal. I think the movie should have given them a little more colour now. At least they got the likeness accurate, and they never advertised it coming with an accurate resemblance. Bonus.

Is anyone who has one disappointed? Some shedding glitter and constrictive helmet is about all that has been mentioned. I'm sure someone with your talent, Buttmunch, could paint a pale two toned rainbow on the brow of these Martians. I guess what I'm trying to get across is that the paint isn't that loud or noticeable when looking at these figures. There's so much more for the eye to revel in.

Really, anyone who has these loves them, because they are such fun. The evidence is in peoples posts.

I actually like the paint. It may not be accurate to the movie, or the prototype, but to me it's no big deal. I think the movie should have given them a little more colour now. At least they got the likeness accurate, and they never advertised it coming with an accurate resemblance. Bonus.

Is anyone who has one disappointed? Some shedding glitter and constrictive helmet is about all that has been mentioned. I'm sure someone with your talent, Buttmunch, could paint a pale two toned rainbow on the brow of these Martians. I guess what I'm trying to get across is that the paint isn't that loud or noticeable when looking at these figures. There's so much more for the eye to revel in.

Agreed. I got my Martian Soldier today, love him, too. I'd say these figures are movie spirit meets trading card set. I actually watched MA a couple days ago, and was amazed by how "old timey" the CG effects looked- they *needed* a better fleshing out, that movie is due a CG upgrade and remaster. HT did a great job interpreting and bringing these characters into the now, and into three real dimensions. So glad I have them. They bring a lot of interest to figure displays.

I just got the Mars Attacks figures this afternoon and they are phenomenal. I honestly felt like a little girl again opening them up. This is what makes collecting toys so much fun!

Buttmunch, seriously get a set, you will love them.

The first order of business, meeting the natives:
picture.php

"Hey baby, let's get diplomatic."

Last edited:
How much better does the paint look in person. It looks WAY to vibrant and not subtle at all like Hot Toys usually does. I looks like Hasbro painted the face to me :(

Back