Hot Toys - MMS 108 - MARS ATTACKS! - Martian Ambassador spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Ambassador on hand. Sorry.. too lazy to post pics. Anyways, there IS a huge flaw with this one.

The helmet closes in around the neck, like a shape of a lightbulb. And because of this, you can't open his mouth or stick out his tounge while the helmet is on. Unlike the soldiers. So... heads up to anyone who can't decide which one they want.

That part around the helmet's neck thats narrow is supposed to fit down into the neck ring of his uniform, it should pop in there, does it not?

That part around the helmet's neck thats narrow is supposed to fit down into the neck ring of his uniform, it should pop in there, does it not?

Just looking back at the pics from ABC express it looks like it could seat in a bit further, but only a few millimetres.

ma12j.jpg
10MarsAttacks_MartianAmbassador.jpg

Although the neck on the bubble looks like it's a lot longer than the one in the proto pics. Unless it does push down into the collar, don't know if the collar is flexible or hard. Can someone shed some light on this?

I'm pretty sure it would be fairly easy to mod so that it sits lower in the collar any way.

Yeah, i saw the proto design. But it came out differently. Even if you pull out the head, and place it back without pushing it way down to the peg to extebd the neck, it dosen't work.

The design of the helmet. basically, the lower round angle of the helmet is posititoned tor a very tight fit. In other words, the helmet is touching the chin.

There is no way to close the helmet properly and leave the mouth open with the tounge sticking out.

That's the way the damn helmet was designed, which, imhfo is a failure on HT's part.

Oh and if you don't like futzing your toys, i don't recommend this either. the robe is quite puffy, and you have to squeeze, pull it, tug it, and use at least a good 10 miunutes to get it to look right. Then when you change a position or expression, you have to futz him AGAIN. So, if your don't like fixing your dolls clothes, don't bother.

Yeah, i saw the proto design. But it came out differently. Even if you pull out the head, and place it back without pushing it way down to the peg to extebd the neck, it dosen't work.

The design of the helmet. basically, the lower round angle of the helmet is posititoned tor a very tight fit. In other words, the helmet is touching the chin.

There is no way to close the helmet properly and leave the mouth open with the tounge sticking out.

That's the way the damn helmet was designed, which, imhfo is a failure on HT's part.

Oh and if you don't like futzing your toys, i don't recommend this either. the robe is quite puffy, and you have to squeeze, pull it, tug it, and use at least a good 10 miunutes to get it to look right. Then when you change a position or expression, you have to futz him AGAIN. So, if your don't like fixing your dolls clothes, don't bother.

I got mine about a week and a half ago and I'm afraid I have to confirm all of the above points. It's a great figure, but there are big problems with it, namely the helmet. So, I'm glad I bought it, but it could have been so much better. So if you are thinking about dropping your hard earned on it, it's worth considering what's been mentioned

it looks like that thick 'ring' around the bottom of the helmet neck should 'click' into the neck on the body. Doesn't it do that?

wow, awesome pics dude. thanks for posting. love that last shot too, for scale. wish i'd pic these fellas up at the cheap preorder price now. maybe they'll be on sale sometime somewhere down the line. :eek:

Добро пожаловать TITVIT, great shots, I hope to get hold of them soon... I have a feeling these might be permanent display items.

My two Martians are being processed on Friday. I was hoping it wouldn't be till after my close date for my credit card this month, but.......ugh! :(

Dsc01794.jpg

Sorry flash doesn't do these guys much justice. The facial paint looks pretty good in hand, bit heavy on the pink around the eyes & cheeks - but other than that they look really nice. Will try to take a few pics tomorrow in natural light.

I love these guys, best little figs I've got in along time. So much fun!

Awesome and funtastic pics DeadLeaves and TITVIT. They really do encapsulate everything they purveyed in the movie.

*Snap* goes my will-power. Not a huge fan of the movie, but I love cute, kitschy design so this has been tempting me since the previews last autumn. I literally just placed an order with BBTS for the Ambassador (he's more colourful with his robe).

I really appreciate people giving this a thorough critique, so the helmet-jaw issue doesn't take me by surprise.

I haven't even put the dome on him, I like the look without it a bit more - plus I can play with the eyes & jaw without having to remove the bubble every time I walk past.

I also like the ratchet joints on the elbows/knees, limits the fine posing possibilities but makes up for it in the sturdiness and balance you can achieve.

Back