Hot Toys - MMS 108 - MARS ATTACKS! - Martian Ambassador spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is cool, I wondered why there was no sculptor credit with the spec?

I saw the protos for these @ ComiCon and they really look great! I just don't think I liked the movie enough to buy them...

001wo.jpg

Thanksfor the pics, he looks so funny.

Make a cool display with Mr Bean.

Looks like the Amassador's outfit is shedding glitter (notice the red specs all over his arms.

I'll probably just stick with the trooper.

Looks like the Amassador's outfit is shedding glitter (notice the red specs all over his arms.

Yeah I saw that. Pretty annoying stuff.

The robe looks good though, guess it just means I wont be handling him much. I can see it being a big problem with my dusting method though (compressed air) I reckon it would blow a good portion of the glitter off. Actually, I might do that as soon as I get it out of the box.

Yeah I saw that. Pretty annoying stuff.

The robe looks good though, guess it just means I wont be handling him much. I can see it being a big problem with my dusting method though (compressed air) I reckon it would blow a good portion of the glitter off. Actually, I might do that as soon as I get it out of the box.

Meh, I just use sticky-tape. :rock

That'll get most of the glitter off the body.

These are awesome. Sadly, I predict they are bound to be underappreciated by the general collecting crowd.

Hmm, dunno if I like the Ambassador, the cape is kind of a dissapointment, and his helmet doesn't sit right around his neck or low enough on his head. I may just keep the Trooper and then pick up a 2nd Trooper later instead.

thanks to whoever posted the photos, i think the figures look really good. i'll get an ambassador when i can. packaging works well too i think.

i was on the fence about getting these for so long - they turned out pretty awesome. congrats to anyone who has them coming - bet they look awesome mixed in with other 1/6 on the shelf. keep the pics rolling in!

These would be instant purchases at half or even two thirds retail price. Maybe once/if they go down I'll snag a soilder.

I have the Ambassador on hand. Sorry.. too lazy to post pics. Anyways, there IS a huge flaw with this one.

The helmet closes in around the neck, like a shape of a lightbulb. And because of this, you can't open his mouth or stick out his tounge while the helmet is on. Unlike the soldiers. So... heads up to anyone who can't decide which one they want.

oh.. and previous poster.. the eyes are movable *shakes head* ya newb. And i can say that, cuz i'm a noob too.

But on that note, the eyes don't rotate 360 like the DX figures. They just move from left to right. When moved, its eye placement is slantly top left/right corner, like Bank Robber Jokers eye direction.

I've worked with that kind of material before. It's just it's nature. It should be fine after all the loose stuff is off. If you rub it too much though, it will continue to shed.

Back