Hot Toys - MMS 108 - MARS ATTACKS! - Martian Ambassador spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much better does the paint look in person. It looks WAY to vibrant and not subtle at all like Hot Toys usually does. I looks like Hasbro painted the face to me :(

While the paint is not as vibrant in person as my lame flash-photo, it is definitely heavily painted relative to the original movie design. That said the paint job is HT quality, not Hasbro (although your Simpsons' reference to the makeup gun left me laughing).

They are supposed to be vibrant, fun figures, so no one is going to think the paint looks 'off' unless they intimately know they source material. Usually I prefer subtle too, but like The Drizzle and Creecher both said this particular paint job simply looks good on these particular characters.

These are cheap as HT figures go and you can always have them repainted.

Seriously, anyone on the fence about these guys just take the plunge. I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago and it made me fall in love with the movie all over again! Being my first HOT TOYS pieces I was having fun just playing with the cool boxes. Having seen a lot on the net, they really are phenomenal and a lot of fun!

Seriously, anyone on the fence about these guys just take the plunge. I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago and it made me fall in love with the movie all over again! Being my first HOT TOYS pieces I was having fun just playing with the cool boxes. Having seen a lot on the net, they really are phenomenal and a lot of fun!

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

In terms of making people smile... these are the best!

And the Ambassador is just so damn sparkly, why if he ain't the spakliest pony in the paddock!

They totally kick a$$. Really cool figures. Absolutely love the red robe on the Ambassador. Here are some pics. Please excuse the flash:

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

oh i do hope I can still pick these up in 6 - 12 months. These are my most wanted (needed!!!) figures ever.... i LOVE Mars Attacks and never thought I'd see any decent high quality figures from them. But they launched at a time when there was just too much other stuff going on that needed our money....

Can't wait to get them (if I manage to). Those pics above look great.

ive been on the fence to pick these up >< one day soon... i just have soo much on pre order now ><

can anyone else confirm the head on the alien ambassador twists right/left? I tried again and it feels very stuck, firmly in place, like I'd break it if I forced it.

can anyone else confirm the head on the alien ambassador twists right/left? I tried again and it feels very stuck, firmly in place, like I'd break it if I forced it.

It sure does - the articulation is at the point where the neck meets the shoulders.

Give it a hit with the hair drier (with the robe off, I guess). If you hold the neck when you break it free it should be fine - my Soldier was stuck too, a bit of heat & brute force prevailed.

Back