Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remind me a bit of Michael DeLorenzo from the Music Video, guy in the knife fight dance thing.

The closeups look quite good, but the pics where you see the figure from a distance, the face just looks off. And the skin colour needs to be much darker.

It should be the same as Thriller.

beat-it.jpg

I think that with this changes on the eyes and color over cheeks the figure looks better:

comparacink.jpg

I agree with the observation that the eyes seem a bit off--too droopy? I guess SSC will import this even though it's supposed to be a limited evet/Japan-only product?

It would be PERFECT if the head is slightly narrower and with a bit more smile! Don't you agree HOT TOYS?

:wink1:

HT dont you dare go changing the mouth like u did with the Thriller MJ!
If this stays as shown im gona grab an extra head of these and put it on Thriller MJ :)

Heh, I'm heavily in favour of some change of expression (not a crazy mouth-closed smile like 'Thriller' though, certainly not). I think even if the likeness stays the same as it is now, a change of expression would be a great step forward, as others have already suggested. I don't understand why they would go with an expression like this. It's not just 'neutral' or 'expressionless,' it looks like he's sleeping with his eyes open or something. Maybe the license holders have very particular dictates on the expression, I don't why they would though. For too many poses, as with 'Thriller,' it looks just ridiculous. They both have expressions that contradict pretty much any degree of action.

MichaelJacksonBeatItversionCollectibleFigure_PR8.jpg

Heh, I'm heavily in favour of some change of expression (not a crazy mouth-closed smile like 'Thriller' though, certainly not). I think even if the likeness stays the same as it is now, a change of expression would be a great step forward, as others have already suggested. I don't understand why they would go with an expression like this. It's not just 'neutral' or 'expressionless,' it looks like he's sleeping with his eyes open or something. Maybe the license holders have very particular dictates on the expression, I don't why they would though. For too many poses, as with 'Thriller,' it looks just ridiculous. They both have expressions that contradict pretty much any degree of action.

:exactly: At least Thriller had the zombie head, and Bad took cues from the album art... but Beat It? They tailor the outfit off the video, why not the facial expression? I'm not a huge MJ fan but I dig him enough that I'd buy a good figure of him... meaning I want him to have a bit of 'tude.

I wonder just how hard will it be to get one of these "exclusive" figures?!

We all may be in for a big suprise. Everyones saying"im getting this", but these things may be very limited, which will result in a crazy price tag...

Any guesses as to how much this MJ will go for?

Back