Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I was just joking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know where I can find a 1/6 scale hyperbaric chamber?

Yes,

neverlandDM1003_800x535.jpg

I'm surprised by the reaction here. Because I just don't see MJ in this sculpt.

I feel the same. I really don't understand how anyone looks at this head and finds it acceptable let alone perfect.

I don't think I'm picky. I look at both T-800 heads and they look perfect to me, the last two Joker releases I found equally perfect, Whiplash and Hans Landa are likewise perfect, a great many I find just absolutely wonderful. I don't look at things and think, 'Well, the likeness is there but the head is too squashed,' etc. That's not to say anything against people making those sort of nitpicks, just that I don't get that far into it, I think I'm pretty easily pleased overall. With all that said, I don't think I'm being difficult or overly demanding in saying this 'Beat It' head is plainly off, it looks just atrocious.

I say this head is undeniably off to the same unacceptable degree that 'Thriller' was off, and 'Prince of Persia' was off. I went back through HT releases thinking I could find a whole heap of poor likenesses to add to that list but to my surprise there's not much that I see as having dropped the ball so terribly - 'Prince of Persia' is the only non-Jackson example I can come up with at this time.

Before I die, my dream is not have children, or to leave a respectable legacy, my dream is just to have one halfway reasonable pre-Bad-era Jackson figure, and with the way things are looking that's never going to happen. I thought HT had learned from 'Thriller,' that they must've recognised that as a mistake and would try to go far beyond it, but it seems not. This head looks definitely like the same man we saw in their 'Thriller' release but I can't say I see any actual Michael Jackson in that face.

Anyone know where I can find a 1/6 scale hyperbaric chamber?

Ahhh... yes... MJ's myth #215... :ohbfrank:

It's not a myth exactly. While he may not have slept in such a contraption, there is a well-known photo of him laying in one, which also featured noticeably in the 'Leave Me Alone' video. It seems to me then like a pretty reasonable thing to want for one's Jackson figures, not to say Karamazov was being serious...

I can't find anything explaining the photo coming up in the first results of Google but I think I read once that the explanation there was that Jackson had the photo of himself arranged and concocted the story and secretly sold it to the news media. For a period in his life he was said to be purposely putting out 'weird' stories about himself for publicity reasons, like this and that he tried to buy the Elephant Man's bones. I might be wrong though, but I seem to remember reading this at some point.

Stop doggin' me around, Kuzeh.

Very clever... :pfft:

I feel the same. I really don't understand how anyone looks at this head and finds it acceptable let alone perfect.

I don't think I'm picky. I look at both T-800 heads and they look perfect to me, the last two Joker releases I found equally perfect, Whiplash and Hans Landa are likewise perfect, a great many I find just absolutely wonderful. I don't look at things and think, 'Well, the likeness is there but the head is too squashed,' etc. That's not to say anything against people making those sort of nitpicks, just that I don't get that far into it, I think I'm pretty easily pleased overall. With all that said, I don't think I'm being difficult or overly demanding in saying this 'Beat It' head is plainly off, just atrocious.

I say this head is undeniably off to the same unacceptable degree that 'Thriller' was off, and 'Prince of Persia' was off. I went back through HT releases thinking I could find a whole heap of poor likenesses to add to that list but to my surprise there's not much that I see as having dropped the ball so terribly - 'Prince of Persia' is the only non-Jackson example I can come up with at this time.

Before I die, my dream is not have children, or to leave a respectable legacy, my dream is just to have one halfway reasonable pre-Bad-era Jackson figure, and with the way things are looking that's never going to happen. I thought HT had learned from 'Thriller,' that they must've recognised that as a mistake and would try to go far beyond it, but it seems not. This head looks definitely like the same man we saw in their 'Thriller' release but I can't say I see any actual Michael Jackson in that face.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree... I think it looks amazing!
I agree that the Thriller portrait was a bit of a miss, but still kicks ass...
and this one I think looks just like MJ... :dunno

It's not a myth exactly. While he may not have slept in such a contraption, there is a well-known photo of him laying in one, which also featured noticeably in the 'Leave Me Alone' video. It seems to me then like a pretty reasonable thing to want for one's Jackson figures, not to say Karamazov was being serious...

I can't find anything explaining the photo coming up in the first results of Google but I think I read once that the explanation there was that Jackson had the photo of himself arranged and concocted the story and secretly sold it to the news media. For a period in his life he was said to be purposely putting out 'weird' stories about himself for publicity reasons, like this and that he tried to buy the Elephant Man's bones. I might be wrong though, but I seem to remember reading this at some point.

Actually you are wrong...
he bought the chamber to donate it to the hospital he was treated @ for the Pepsi commercial injuries...
these chambers are used as skin therapy for burnt victims...
Yes, he tried the chamber and when tabloids got ahold of the pics things got automatically taken out of context and blown out of proportion... that's what sells... the truth doesn't...
But let's not discuss tabloid crap here...

Kick-ass figure IMO!! :rock!

I don't think I'm picky. I look at both T-800 heads and they look perfect to me, the last two Joker releases I found equally perfect, Whiplash and Hans Landa are likewise perfect, a great many I find just absolutely wonderful. I don't look at things and think, 'Well, the likeness is there but the head is too squashed,' etc. That's not to say anything against people making those sort of nitpicks, just that I don't get that far into it, I think I'm pretty easily pleased overall. With all that said, I don't think I'm being difficult or overly demanding in saying this 'Beat It' head is plainly off, it looks just atrocious.

:exactly:..I'm in the same boat as you Grosby:)

The sculpt is not perfect,but good enough for me really.Still getting this,im ready to pay up 300-400$ if necessery.Will probably even go higher on ebay,we'll see.

Last edited:
This comparation that i have made is for the people who thinks that it doesn´t look like MJ or that it looks like the Thriller normal head sculpt:

Dibujodadadad.jpg

Better eyes (more rounded), better mouth, better cheaks. It looks like the real Mj.

Compared to that Terrible Thriller sculpt,yes Beat it is ALOT better.I wish HT would make up for that and add an improved one with the Beat it Release.They did it with Joker 2 times(Bank Robber and DX).

Oh, you clap now but when the revised 'Thriller' head came out you said it "looks amazing!!", as this record here attests. We just can't trust your judgments, I'm afraid... From the sounds of some of you, a walnut with a couple of googly eyes glued to it would be enough to have you high-fiving each other.

It's nice to judge by a delicately-lit picture, with it's shadows falling here and there, but I say this more uniformly-lit pictures show how little removed it is from the 'Thriller' sculpt or at least how it would actually look in hand.

MichaelJacksonBeatItversionCollectibleFigure_PR11.jpg

Oh, you clap now but when the revised 'Thriller' head came out you said it "looks amazing!!", as this record here attests. We just can't trust your judgments, I'm afraid... From the sounds of some of you, a walnut with a couple of googly eyes glued to it would be enough to have you high-fiving each other.

It's nice to judge by a delicately-lit picture, with it's shadows falling here and there, but I say this more uniformly-lit pictures show how little removed it is from the 'Thriller' sculpt or at least how it would actually look in hand.

I also said that the first one looked better and that the one we got didn't give me a Thriller vibe...
How convenient of you not mention this...
Hey, if you think it looks like a random black guy, good for you! :peace
Give the ones that want it better chances of getting it!

You don't have to trust anybody's judgement in a TOY forum! :lol
I guess your condescending taste is above us mortals...
I'm flattered that you took the time to search for my year old posts! :lol
I can high-five you too if you want! :hi5:

Better now?

Never! I slap your high-five away at the wrist!

I do trust people's judgment on here, some of them. Many people on here I think have a good idea about things. Some though are baffling, how people can say they're pleased by such things. I really do think some of you would be happy with a walnut, and that you found 'Thriller' to be excellent, even if you admit it didn't give you the 'Thriller' vibe, goes to exemplify that in some way. That's not to put you down though, it wasn't an attempt at an insult, it just goes to show where certain people are coming from when they praise this head.

I wasn't searching for your post in particular, I came across it when looking for a comparable 'Thriller' picture to post alongside the above, but then I decided just to let the one picture stand.

It's not just good for me that I don't like this head, it's irritating for me. I very much want at least one halfway decent Jackson head from this era, many want the same thing there, but with every release the opportunities for this disappear. Once HT are through with the Jackson license, which will happen eventually, I don't imagine any other 1/6 company is going to come in and start re-doing them any time soon and so what we're getting now will likely be it for a very long time.

Anyone have any idea where I can pre-order this? I have been in spooktacular 2010 mode. :lol If sideshow does not offer this I will cry. I want 2 of them for sure! :D

Well, there will be only 2000 available outside of the 2000 for the Tokyo show, so if SS does distribute them it will be in very limited numbers... 500 tops methinks...

Never! I slap your high-five away at the wrist!

I do trust people's judgment on here, some of them. Many people on here I think have a good idea about things. Some though are baffling, how people can say they're pleased by such things. I really do think some of you would be happy with a walnut, and that you found 'Thriller' to be excellent, even if you admit it didn't give you the 'Thriller' vibe, goes to exemplify that in some way. That's not to put you down though, it wasn't an attempt at an insult, it just goes to show where certain people are coming from when they praise this head.

I wasn't searching for your post in particular, I came across it when looking for a comparable 'Thriller' picture to post alongside the above, but then I decided just to let the one picture stand.

It's not just good for me that I don't like this head, it's irritating for me. I very much want at least one halfway decent Jackson head from this era, many want the same thing there, but with every release the opportunities for this disappear. Once HT are through with the Jackson license, which will happen eventually, I don't imagine any other 1/6 company is going to come in and start re-doing them any time soon and so what we're getting now will likely be it for a very long time.

I collect for fun, I get what I like and pass on what I don't...
I think this sculpt is superb and a great improvement over past MJ sculpt, maybe not 100% perfect, that's not possible IMO... but I bet you if you show that pic to anyone, they'll say it's MJ...

I just think it's funny how every time an HT figure is previewed, there's always people claiming it "looks nothing like him"...
Happened with Leonidas, with Perseus, T-800, Sarah Connor, T-1000, Dastan, Big Chap, John Connor, etc...

Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree! :duff!
:peace

Back