Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be PERFECT if the head is slightly narrower and with a bit more smile! Don't you agree HOT TOYS?

:wink1:

No, not at all..why should there be a smile at all? The Thriller one's smile was unnessecary , while it was still a great figure, the very first non smiling one was better in many ways. Bad figure had no smile, GOOD. A smile can ruin it, if you ask me :)

Either way....the photos where you see the figure from a distance are just ok, not incredibly accurate at all, definitely NOT MJ in my book, but the closeup pics strangely look very accurate.

No, not at all..why should there be a smile at all? The Thriller one's smile was unnessecary , while it was still a great figure, the very first non smiling one was better in many ways. Bad figure had no smile, GOOD. A smile can ruin it, if you ask me :)

Either way....the photos where you see the figure from a distance are just ok, not incredibly accurate at all, definitely NOT MJ in my book, but the closeup pics strangely look very accurate.

That means only the angle used in that close up pic resembles MJ. The front angle and the rest just don't look like him.

MichaelJacksonBeatItversionCollectibleFigure_PR9.jpg

I dont see Michael in this sculpt at all.

Looks a bit like Jermaine though.

189880.jpg

Definitely, and on a few other pics he REALLY looks like Jermaine. If you put on the 'Beat It' video, you will definitely see how different Mike looks to this figure. The Bad figure really had to MJ expression nailed down. Will this one change or is this final?

I bet you if you show 100 people this pic without showing the jacket or the name, 99 will say it's Michael Jackson... so no... it doesn't look like Jermaine... :cuckoo:

You making theoretical bets on the reactions of imaginary people and then ending with "so no... it doesn't look like Jermaine..." doesn't really make any kind of point at all, you know... :cuckoo:

Looking into it, I agree this looks a surprising amount like Jermaine. I suspect that if we were to show this figure to 100 people, all of them, bar none, would swear on their life that it was Jermaine Jackson, and so yes, I do think it looks like Jermaine Jackson. If they just adjust the eyes we'll have the perfect Jermaine to re-create all our favourite Jermaine moments.

Jermaine-Jackson-Dynamite-49290.jpg

51TQvEBwI7L._SS500_.jpg

P13752ML78N.jpg

Theres like 4 Michael Jacksons and they all have no expressions, except for one of them but atleast make each of them authentic to the era. C'mon hot toys if the figs don't come with any accessories atleast give him an authentic expression.

personally, i think this is the best one yet. looks good in the close up pics. i'm still holding out for the definitive version though(a billy jean remake, perhaps?). dont need more than one mj.

You making theoretical bets on the reactions of imaginary people and then ending with "so no... it doesn't look like Jermaine..." doesn't really make any kind of point at all, you know... :cuckoo:

:slap
Imaginary people? I'm talking about asking real people... :lol!!!
Go ahead and show this pic to 100 people or just 10 people... and tell me how many said it was Jermaine...
I'll do the same... how about that?...

picture.php

Looking into it, I agree this looks a surprising amount like Jermaine. I suspect that if we were to show this figure to 100 people, all of them, bar none, would swear on their life that it was Jermaine Jackson, and so yes, I do think it looks like Jermaine Jackson. If they just adjust the eyes we'll have the perfect Jermaine to re-create all our favourite Jermaine moments.

OK then... :lol!!!
How about we discuss this further when we have the figures in hand?...
I've been collecting HT since 2005 and I'm all too familiar with the Chicken little syndrome...
So, let's move on, if you think it looks like Jermaine, good for you! Go post it on HT's Facebook or better yet... Don't buy it! :peace!

Theres like 4 Michael Jacksons and they all have no expressions, except for one of them but atleast make each of them authentic to the era. C'mon hot toys if the figs don't come with any accessories atleast give him an authentic expression.

Well. it's pretty obvious Bravado has a lot to do with what expressions they want for each MJ... that's why they changed the Thriller one...
HT can do a better job I'm sure, but I still think this HS is superb!
Besides, people would complain if it only had whatever expression... the best thing to do would be
to have 2 heads like Leonidas IMO

Same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hi5:

actually, I do think it looks kinda like jermaine too.

the BAD version, a lot of my friends say it looks kinda like janet.

Im guessing the billie jean one looks like latoya :dunno:lol

the only one I think personally looks like mj would be the 1st proto type of the thriller for the japanese market.

now THAT is MJ 100%.

A bit OT but had to share this...

At last!!!

https://breakingnews.michaeljackson.com/pressrelease.html
NEW ALBUM MICHAEL
AVAILABLE DECEMBER 14, 2010

MUCH ANTICIPATED NEW ALBUM FROM THE KING OF POP
MICHAEL
TO BE RELEASED DECEMBER 14

Exclusive Teaser and Song to be Unveiled on MichaelJackson.com

New York, NY – The much anticipated album of newly completed recordings from Michael Jackson entitled MICHAEL will be released on December 14 by Epic Records in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson. Tomorrow, an exclusive teaser for the project will appear on www.michaeljackson.com; on Monday, November 8th the world premiere of “Breaking News,” a full track from the album, will stream on the site for one week only.

The creative process never stopped for the King of Pop who was always planning for his next album; unbeknownst to many fans around the world Michael Jackson was writing and recording songs continuously everywhere from a friend’s home in New Jersey to studios in Las Vegas and Los Angeles with a small group of handpicked collaborators. Now, through the unique stories that will be told about the songs that comprise MICHAEL, fans will get mind-blowing insight into how this artist worked and a chance to hear the songs he most recently created along with tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition.

“Breaking News,” a never heard before song by Michael that appears on the new album was recorded in New Jersey in 2007 and recently brought to completion. Fans can begin pre-ordering the album on www.michaeljackson.com in the next 24 hours.

The attached image of the album cover of MICHAEL was created by painter Kadir Nelson in 2009. In the oil painting, Kadir – who is known for story telling through his art – takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson’s life.

Stay tuned for the worldwide launch of the official first single from MICHAEL later this month.
www.michaeljackson.com
large_album.jpg

Simply awesome news, simply...AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to hear that new single, it sure sounds like a serious song, not happy or anything. But we'll see, great stuff for MJ fans to look forward to. The DVD box set, and the album. Daaaaaaaaamn sweet.

Simply awesome news, simply...AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to hear that new single, it sure sounds like a serious song, not happy or anything. But we'll see, great stuff for MJ fans to look forward to. The DVD box set, and the album. Daaaaaaaaamn sweet.

Any idea about the Prince symbol? Thought they were rivals? And I know that's copyrighted to Mr Nelson?
Looking forward to this.

Back