Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was looking at the Peace Walker images and i don't like BBs sculpt in it but i do like this one, which was released way before the game was released'

mgs-peace-walker.jpg

so im guessing this is what they based it off. Good choice

hottoys-mgs3-naked-snake-03.jpg

I hope they make Raiden exactly how he looks on that HD collection picture though. He looks really awesome and I love the facial expression there. Yeah Cyborg Ninja Raiden is crazy and has all the bells and whistles, but personally I really like his basic MGS2 design too. His suit is very interesting looking. I love how it has the skeleton/humanoid aspects to it. Seeing a figure of it would be awesome but unfortunately its the kind of outfit that would look best as rubber and well...yeah...

You know. Instead of rubber, I think it could work if they used the same material they use on bags people use for outdoor activities.. i dunno what its called but i often see it in tents etc.
The texture on his skull sneaking suit in the HD rendition reminds me of that.

Yeah I agree there is no need to use rubber. They can use same material Jill Valentine and the new Black Widow suit is made of.

Yeah I agree there is no need to use rubber. They can use same material Jill Valentine and the new Black Widow suit is made of.

Thats too much like leather. If rubber isn't an option then i would say the same stuff they're making spidermans costume out of.

Hot%20Toys%20-%20The%20Amazing%20Spider-Man%20-%20Spider-Man%20Limited%20Edition%20Collectible%20Figurine_PR1.jpg

That HT sculpt for Naked Snake really does look badass regardless what image it's based on.

True, i like how its a mix of that and the in-game head. Although there's something "off" in that one close-up image to me

Snake_3.png

maybe the eye is too small or...... i guess im being nit-picky like they are on the HT DC topics lol

I agree with you guys who say you wanted the in game model of Snake rather than the 3DS render, the sculpt is perfect based on the 3DS render of course but as far as the in game model, it looks nothing alike. The 3DS render also makes him look older like in his mid 30's when he's only around 29 in MGS3.

Fortunately the HT sculpt looks badass in normal lighting, it only looks weird in the official pics because it's in super HD lighting. When we have it on display it will look like this which looks awesome.

Hot-Toys-Naked-Snake-Metal-Gear-p-11.jpg

Yeah, I think the eye is slightly too far apart and a wee bit too small but I don't want to nit-pick either but I can't help it. After all, without criticism, HT wouldn't know what to improve on right? It's about what the fans want, not wanting to upset them.

What I have found is that most of the time HT's official photography isn't the most flattering for their figure portraits. I don't really like this particular figure, but I really like the sculpt. It'll look good in hand. It already looks great in the photo directly above my post.

Fortunately the HT sculpt looks badass in normal lighting

Yes, finally we get a 1/6 MGS figure that we're not embarrassed to display. I have the Yamato MGS1 Snake(s), Medicom MGS3 & MGS4 Snakes and they all look like cartoon characters.

So even though I'm disappointed that I thought the sculpt should look like in-game PS2 model, I think HT can do better for the next release.

If when the MGS2 snake is shown, whenever that'll be, and its not like the in-game model. And your super desperate, what you could do is have the actual model 3D printed

I can't wait for these two releases to be done, so we can actually move into figures I care about... like Solid Snake.

I agree guys, this line has a lot of potential. The thing with MGS is that while there is a lot of current gen military hardware there is also a lot of very unique uniforms and gear that isn't easilly replicated in 1/6 without serious customizing. So its nice when a company will actually make them for us. That's why I'm glad they went with the versions they did for these figures.

Back