Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What DX12 problems?

(i've been avoiding that thread due to the oversensitive 'everything is inaccurate' crowd)

The separation of the plates peel off (or have a potential to peel off) from the fabric suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The separation of the plates peel off (or have a potential to peel off) from the fabric suit.

Is this an actual problem people are having or are you just speculating based on the promotional shots?

Is this an actual problem people are having or are you just speculating based on the promotional shots?

There are photos on the Internet of early released DX12 figures with such.

I try to keep informed of the Q.C. eff-ups of the figures I pre-order so I know how to handle them. What good will I gain for speculating?

That is cool of u LoneWolf and everyone will be panicky when QC issues appear.
I saw some photos of the DX-12 batman suit peeling off slightly and may be due to glue issue at the factory.
Hope Snake suit will be ok in mass production!!

Here is one of the DX12 photos I saw, with the material peeling off.. This was taken from the Prototype pics though:

120723024742482035.jpg

Trying to find the photo where I saw DX12 lying down, and the photo focuses on the peeled part.

Found it!!! Here's proof that we also have to be careful of our Sneaking Suit Naked Snake, as it has the same material (or close to it) as the DX12:

35488_10151263065029283_205029519_n.jpg

Found it!!! Here's proof that we also have to be careful of our Sneaking Suit Naked Snake, as it has the same material (or close to it) as the DX12:

Are you positive about that? Batman has a fabric under-suit with hard vinyl pieces attached on the exterior, while Naked Snake has a full rubber suit.

In any case, I have both figures on pre-order. Here's to hoping for the best.

Are you positive about that? Batman has a fabric under-suit with hard vinyl pieces attached on the exterior, while Naked Snake has a full rubber suit.

In any case, I have both figures on pre-order. Here's to hoping for the best.

Ahh, true.. but if you look at the Thighs and Arms of Naked Snake, I think (I certainly hope not) that it can also be prone to chipping/peeling:

577197_347513645310632_138228759572456_1047791_341646482_n.jpg

:slap

It's pretty amazing and a bit unbelievable that these figures are actually about to be released and in our hands.

i ordered both. i cant wait for the combat poses im gonna put them in. i just hope we dont get dual raidens. im gonna be totally un-enthused at that point. out of everything thats ever been b%tched about in this thread ive not seen anything on that. what do you guys think?

In a way the suit peeling theory is good news for me because it gives me another reason to hold off and wait for another MGS figure down the line.

I still want The Boss though, I don't really mind her manly face. It's kind of grown on me.

In a way the suit peeling theory is good news for me because it gives me another reason to hold off and wait for another MGS figure down the line.

I still want The Boss though, I don't really mind her manly face. It's kind of grown on me.

Reeeeeaaally... :monkey1

Reeeeeaaally... :monkey1
lol Don't get me wrong, i'm still hoping they change her sculpt. That and her horrible looking chest are the only things that need work really. Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't improve upon it so close to release.

Her chest needs to be like this.

chara_boss.jpg

God knows why HT decided to put that horrible articulation joint in her chest. I would be fine without the articulation in favor of aesthetics.

I dunno i don't see a huge problem with the chest at all. Actually i don't get the complaints are about with the figure in general (not counting the man face). I think its better than BigBoss actually, much more accurate.

Was playing MGS4 today, im sad over all the extras its figure will be missing like the 4 headsculpts it should come with (Normal - removable eyepatch, normal w/o bandana, young and octomask) :(.

I dunno i don't see a huge problem with the chest at all. Actually i don't get the complaints are about with the figure in general (not counting the man face). I think its better than BigBoss actually, much more accurate.

Was playing MGS4 today, im sad over all the extras its figure will be missing like the 4 headsculpts it should come with (Normal - removable eyepatch, normal w/o bandana, young and octomask) :(.

The thighs and hips are too slender, the chest has a weird uni-boob thing going on, the height is too small (when The Boss is about the same height as Snake), the shoes have the wrong color, the jacket might not be able to zip up (as we've seen it zipped down in every photo).

All of this, excluding the man face. So no, The Boss isn't accurate at all :lol. But, what's inaccurate about the Naked Snake figure, btw? Aside from the Peace Walker face, I can't see anything wrong about it :dunno.

The thighs and hips are too slender, the chest has a weird uni-boob thing going on, the height is too small (when The Boss is about the same height as Snake), the shoes have the wrong color, the jacket might not be able to zip up (as we've seen it zipped down in every photo).

All of this, excluding the man face. So no, The Boss isn't accurate at all :lol. But, what's inaccurate about the Naked Snake figure, btw? Aside from the Peace Walker face, I can't see anything wrong about it :dunno.

but why would they have a zipper that doesnt work solidus? i totally believe it zips up but they keep wanting to show that crappy scar as if anyone cares.

Last edited:
Back